I very badly at work, to see emergency report

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

Re: I have very little to work, to see emergency report

by Christophe » 10/01/18, 20:42

Petrus wrote:I just saw the replay, for those who have missed it, we can still find the show on youtube. (

Yes thank you for this reminder, here for example:

And another of 1h:

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/02/18, 19:55

When the Belgian Pole Emploi, the Forem, uses the term "defend" to learn how to better apply ...it means everything about the job market right now (and it's not about to finish since it's conjectural but no politician has the words to say it out loud ...)

Sorry but I do not want to fight just to have JUST RIGHT to work !!

But what sadness this society !! And everyone burrows?

Outrage! You rebel!

26992210_2094925624061221_6346294883396201934_n.jpg
26992210_2094925624061221_6346294883396201934_n.jpg (62.36 KB) Viewed times 5679
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/02/18, 23:31

An unmissable film "The Circle". This sums up the current atmosphere with networks like goat face, gogol etc ... which penetrate (a diminutive) in our private lives, and as if that were not enough it is spreading outrageously at galloping speed in the world of work , with the creation of organs of corruption, subversion, alienation "for our greater good", the creation of ever more opaque network where the individual dies in the magma of bad reasons, unspoken and other self-mutilations, all this to have a salary and pretend to exist .....

http://www.allocine.fr/video/player_gen ... 34164.html
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 20/02/18, 17:01

Christophe wrote:When the Belgian Pole Emploi, the Forem, uses the term "defend" to learn how to better apply ...it means everything about the job market right now (and it's not about to finish since it's conjectural but no politician has the words to say it out loud ...)

Sorry but I do not want to fight just to have JUST RIGHT to work !!

But what sadness this society !! And everyone burrows?

Outrage! You rebel!

It's the same in France, unemployment is the fault of the unemployed who are not sufficiently trained and motivated. : roll:
The imbalance between supply and demand is simply denied (except when it comes to lowering wage demands).

It is a classic when we do not want to question a system that only works for a minority, we make the victims guilty. Same for the homeless people who are said to have chosen to live on the streets. And it goes in the majority that does not feel (wrongly) not concerned.

Let's not be naïve, the real goal of employment is not to help the unemployed in their efforts, but to provide cheap and submissive labor to employers.

+ 1 for The Circle, a good movie I was going to say of anticipation on the disappearance of the private sphere, but it is already what happens now.
1 x
KevinEc
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by KevinEc » 03/04/18, 11:26

Thank you for all these interesting documentaries.
I worked for several years in call centers and it is true that sometimes the working conditions can be difficult and still I am in France and I can hardly complain. Now I work from my home in the same field and I can tell you that it has nothing to do! : Mrgreen:
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/18, 22:00

Better to be unemployed than to accept a bullshit job:

1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/18, 09:59

Another article that goes in the same direction:

"And what is the environmental impact of these stupid jobs?

He is huge. Consider that almost half of the workforce is useless. And yet it takes energy to run their computers and Powerpoint presentations. And then real workers to build and clean all those office towers that are useless. "

1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/18, 10:15

The important passage is the following:

"What I show in my book is that the share of useless trades now amounts to at least 40% of the working population in the Western world!

What should this phenomenon ?

Keynes predicted almost a century ago that thanks to technical progress we could currently work only 15 hours a week. He was probably right, except that the trades that disappeared with automation have been replaced by a growing number of administrative and managerial jobs. And this has accelerated since the 1980s with what is called the FIRE: Finance, insurance and real estate. In French: finance, insurance and real estate. Three sectors which have recruited enormously but for what societal benefit? "

And I like it too:

Could universal income be a solution?

This is one of the tracks I explore. By guaranteeing basic but decent living conditions for the whole population, we would finally be offering all these employees the opportunity to reflect on the meaning of their lives. And may be the opportunity to leave their job. We could then refocus on socially useful activities. Critics of basic income imagine that one will be overwhelmed overnight by bad poets, unbearable street artists and pseudo-scientists working on free energy. I personally doubt it but maybe we will discover in the bunch of new Mozart or Einstein!
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/09/18, 11:14

Many jobs have become useless for the valuation of abstract value, which does not mean that they have no social utility, but only that the share of "incidentals" increases compared to directly productive activities. This is normal in a society which becomes more complex as it tries to avoid its contradictions. Recourse to debt makes it possible to remunerate these jobs that production no longer follows to finance ...

I have a hard time imagining the link that can exist between universal income and metaphysical introspection ... :D
As for Einstein et Mozart, the UK did not contribute to their emergence! More than specialized geniuses, progress in collective intelligence would be welcome.

The author does not seem to imagine for a single moment that the usefulness of genuinely "productive" jobs can have a very negative impact on society ... yet it is, but does not seem to receive attention. .
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/10/18, 10:47

0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"