Inflation and purchasing power: who benefits? The winners ?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/08, 10:35

Ah very instructive debate :)

1) Nlc don't get mad don't agree with you... there is a mouthful in the air ... and on several levels.
Only: the rise in prices is necessarily the increase in the enrichment of sellers and the State. You don't even need an explanation ...

2) For electronics and hifi it is amazing that prices have dropped (-40% in a year I think) ...but you know: people generally only see what they don't have ...

For most people, having the latest plasma or lcd is "normal" since we see them everywhere and especially since my neighbor or colleague bought one, so "pkoi not me?" Pkoi "Would I deprive myself of this LUXURY?"

Do not forget that we are ABOVE all in a society of CONSUMPTION ... which I prefer to call CONSUMPTION (to consume to console ourselves ...).

3) Inflation is a populist scam which takes into account that a panel of everyday consumer products ... neither housing nor Hifi are taken into account.

ps: do not forget that I am a seller also, this is what makes me live ... only I see that, with one exception (multi-socket 4 switch which took 2 € I think): our prices haven't changed a yota in 2 years... and yet the prices of suppliers are constantly increasing ... (and one does not care so much about price stability that we liquidate the stock and stop their product ...)

ps: For the thermoaccoustic generator, remind me of the link stp.

I'm going to have a little more time this summer (I hope) ... I plan to test the solar concentrator with a recovery dish too.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 16/04/08, 10:43

nlc wrote: The French work less and less (thank you the previous governments ...), therefore have more and more free time, and it is necessary to occupy it ...

Speak for you, it may be true on an average, but it's been 15 years that I hit the 50h00 / week with peaks at 70h, not paid anyway, when there is a job you have to do it.

nlc wrote: I also created a subject on the thermoaccoustic effect, revolutionary system which could create much more electricity per m² than a photovoltaic panel, and for much less expensive, but nobody wants to make a proto, it's still I'm going to have to stick to it!

No need, the designer of the subject already testing a prototype seems to me, look at the 4th message of this subject
https://www.econologie.com/forums/generateur ... t5098.html

just to know if we can get modules to do the first tests, and at what price
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/08, 10:58

Capt_Maloche wrote:
nlc wrote: The French work less and less (thank you the previous governments ...), therefore have more and more free time, and it is necessary to occupy it ...

Speak for you, it may be true on an average, but it's been 15 years that I hit the 50h00 / week with peaks at 70h, not paid anyway, when there is a job you have to do it.

Maybe he wanted to say: fewer and fewer French people are working ... and that's more than fair. : Cheesy:

It prevents out of frames, French people are among those who work the least in Europe ... in Belgium alone it is 38 hours a week and more than 40 years of pension contributions ...

On the other hand, the French are always there when it comes to opening it wide to want more ... Always look at the current high school demonstrations ... The problem of education is not ONLY at school. ..but also outside ... starting with TV which has an important role in the education of a society.

You know pkoi we are so bad at home in a foreign language in France? Because, for example: our elites have decided that French television should be francized at all costs.

In belgium, pub coca are in VOST ... In the mind of a kid it counts a lot for the future learning of a language.

Only on Arte there are movies in VOST or very late on the 2 or 3 ...

Well, I'm going astray ...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Inflation and purchasing power: who benefits? The winners

by bham » 16/04/08, 11:15

nlc wrote:. And then you have to follow the fashion, change your laptop every 6 months to have 1M pixel more on the CCD sensor or more color on the screen, you need a car that throws more than the neighbor, you need a flat screen (while the old TV worked very well ...), you need the latest IT level to run the latest windaube bista to fill 3 boxes in a spreadsheet and send a few emails, you have to buy products from maintains more expensive, as it no longer needs to scrub it's even more free time to spend, you have to buy salad in a bag as it doesn't need to clean it it's already done, it's still free time to spend, etc. ..etc ...
Until recently, I barely touched the minimum wage (we finally increased a little 5 years after setting up the box), yet I never had a problem with "purchasing power". Why ? Because I have my head on my shoulders, I am not walking in the consumer race like all those who complain .....

You are right nlc on unnecessary hyper consumption; but that people want free time, it's pretty good no, it allows to take care of children, to do sports activities or even ... to go skiing or at the end of the world for those who don't have no purchasing power problem yet :D

nlc wrote:
Christophe wrote:a) the money does not disappear: a more expensive product = more margins distributed + or - fairly on the "chain of production and sale" ... therefore the fall in the purchasing power of some increases suddenly on that of others, it's mathematical.

So it depends on what we are talking about!
Frankly, which consumer products are increasing? Food and fuels. Maybe a few other odds and ends, but otherwise, overall, everything goes down, right? EVERYTHING REMAINS CONSTANTLY LOWER!
Today you have a DVD player for less than € 30, a 1GB USB key for € 4, plane tickets to go to the other end of the world at unbeatable prices, etc ...
Everything is down, and that's the problem! It pushes people to consumption and they always want more!
And there is nothing left for the food, whose increase in my opinion comes from another problem: there are far too many on earth. The more it goes, the more demand there is than supply. Prices go up, like on the stock market, except that behind it we talk about food, unfortunately .......

What Christophe says is obvious. And the prices drop on non-vital products, which we can do without, at least people like you ... and me, who are mostly made on the other side of the world.
When it comes to "food", poor countries have more to complain about than we do, since they even have trouble being able to afford the basic elements of their food; Whose fault is it ? There are too many of us on earth, yes perhaps, but I do not think that this is yet the trigger for such a rise in food raw materials. The reasons are the development of agrofuels (see palm oil in Indonesia, corn in the US) which push up the price of cereals and other affiliated agricultural products as well as the financial markets which are looking cheaply for a profitable alternative to the equity markets. falling.
Another example close to home: the rise in the price of milk and dairy products, which is due to an offer below demand yes but planned since the EU did not want to change the milk quotas; she decides to change them now but a little late. The liter of rapeseed oil has almost doubled in one year; the fault of higher production costs, higher transport costs, yes probably a little but this is not what makes the bulk of the increase.
And then I would bring a flat on a rise relating only to food and energy. Since the changeover to the €, there have already been increases on just about everything since, traders very quickly understood, a price in € always seems cheaper than a price in FF; when in 1999, you were asked 500FF for a service for example, in 2000 you were asked 100 €, because it is a round figure. I tinker a lot on my house and I call on artisans, I see what's going on; these work on a fixed price basis, when in the end the work is finished and you compare your bill with the number of hours they have worked, you arrive at an incredible hourly rate. Why ? because of the €, because the boss wants to buy the last 4x4, because the boss has divorced and he has to pay support every month, because quite simply he wants to make a max of money .

nlc wrote:
Christophe wrote:b) The winner every time is the State with the VAT it collects because directly linked to the price of the product in question. He wants to increase purchasing power as he lowers VAT ...

A little easy as reasoning, and against the econological discourse of this site: if we give more purchasing power, we increase consumption, production, energy demand, pollution, and we decrease resources again and again of the planet.
The less there is purchasing power, the better the planet will be in my opinion. But the concern is that in fact there is no problem of purchasing power, we have never been able to buy as much and do as much stuff as today. ...

We speak above all of a drop in purchasing power linked to vital elements. Where you are right is that if the French can eat and heat cheaply, they will tend to consume superficial.
But there arises the problem of the evolution of our society because
lower purchasing power = lower income for the state = less aggression for the planet. The latter is moreover probably fully aware of this since he seeks to privatize at all costs.

So what to do? Decrease? I would not be the first to complain but ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 16/04/08, 11:18

Student demonstrations have always been anything,

I remember doing it just for messing around and skipping lessons, kicking my ass and going yes
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 16/04/08, 11:25

For my part, I stop the debate, I really don't have time, I just answer Capt_Maloche:

Capt_Maloche wrote:

I generally spoke : Cheesy: I do at least 70 hours a week too.
But my job is a bit my passion too. The last project I work for? Come on: www.lumeneo.fr

Otherwise are you sure of your link on thermoacoustics? It points to the subject I created, and at the moment I'm not sure if someone is making a prototype.
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 16/04/08, 11:27

Capt_Maloche wrote:Student demonstrations have always been anything,

I remember doing it just for messing around and skipping lessons, kicking my ass and going yes

Arf, exactly the same. I remember in high school we had "the strike" to go and ask the academy for more efficient equipment (we were in the electronics section). You speak, we didn't give a damn about the new material, all we wanted was to skip class and play it a bit .... : Cheesy:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 16/04/08, 11:35

nlc wrote:But my job is a bit my passion too. The last project I work for? Come on: www.lumeneo.fr

Otherwise are you sure of your link on thermoacoustics? It points to the subject I created, and at the moment I'm not sure if someone is making a prototype.

Nice luminéo, I prefer it to compressed air
What are you working on in this project?
Price of the beast?

The link on thermoacoustics is good, it is indeed your subject on which I inserted in the 4th message a diagram disseminated by the designer of the project for a solar application
0 x
Christophe

Re: Inflation and purchasing power: who benefits? The winners

by Christophe » 16/04/08, 11:41

nlc wrote:Until recently, I barely touched the minimum wage (we finally increased a little 5 years after setting up the box), yet I never had a problem with "purchasing power". Why ? Because my head is on my shoulders, I am not walking in the consumer race like all those who complain.

You see that we agree ... even on politics ...

nlc wrote:We can't blame him, we have to focus a campaign on something right?

No comment...: Shock:

nlc wrote:So it depends on what we are talking about!
Frankly, which consumer products are increasing? Food and fuels. Maybe a few other odds and ends, but otherwise, overall, everything goes down, right? EVERYTHING REMAINS CONSTANTLY LOWER!

Quite, except the FIGURES piped employed by the government and the media ... cf my remark on inflation ...

nlc wrote:A little easy as reasoning, and against the econological discourse of this site: if we give more purchasing power, we increase consumption, production, energy demand, pollution, and we decrease resources again and again of the planet.

It is not easy, it is a fact that I deplore ... and it is not necessarily against the economic discourse: on condition sine qua non of knowing how to use your money well and invest it econologically.

Example: instead of changing cars every 18 to 24 months like many people, keep the same until the end and invest the difference in a solar system ... but I forgot, people are not stupid: solar is not profitable ... And the car can be? : Evil:

nlc wrote:The less there is purchasing power, the better the planet will be in my opinion. But the concern is that in fact there is no problem of purchasing power, we have never been able to buy as much and do as much stuff as today. Just ask our parents, grandparents, or great grandparents, they know something about it ...

Yes especially since they lived for the most part happier ... the fundamental problem of our society is materialism at all costs ...

nlc wrote:The problem is that people always want more, that's all. Weren't you the one who considered fuel price increases a good thing? I think it's a good thing, and I think if there is really a drop in purchasing power (which is totally false in my opinion, I repeat), well it can only be beneficial.

If if the purchasing power drops well ... according to false figures piped ... on reality we agree ...

nlc wrote:Like electric cars? Yes, they disappear, that's the problem ...

Normal, the manufacturers never wanted to develop it ... technological reasons but also more obscure we will say ...
Last edited by Christophe the 16 / 04 / 08, 12: 25, 1 edited once.
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 16/04/08, 11:46

Well we deviate from the subject :D

The smera is electric, 350Kg, 2 motors of 20hp. It is I who develop the electronics (main computer, and the 2 15kW controllers).
For more info, a little bit of lumeneo smera on google.

For thermoacoustics, the solar application was just a diagram, but behind it I am not sure that they develop anything.

Good that we stop the HS!
0 x