Green cities? Estimate?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
hug
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Green cities? Estimate?

by hug » 13/01/07, 22:44

Suppose I want to establish a (personal) classification of French cities for their ecological behavior. What criteria would you take into account? Well, the goal is not to be exhaustive, but to get an idea of ​​some aspects. It takes info that I can easily find on my own, and then that I can write down with a quantifiable criterion.

The idea is not to note the municipal team, but to consider the current situation, which is also inherited from history.

Some loose ideas:
* territory Development. Encryption?
* place of public transport. How long to make 4-5 classic trips for example.
* ease of obtaining a permit / solar water heater.
* waste treatment. In the USA-Canada, we measure with the% landfill diversion. In France, I don't know if this info is available.

Any other ideas?
0 x
The only renewable energy is energy saving.
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/01/07, 22:55

It's not just the cities themselves but also the inhabitants who make the ecology of a city... so I would add (cold) at least the following aspects:

1) number of km of cycle paths
2) km.velo / inhabitant per year (estimate)
3) km.car / inhabitant
4) average fuel oil consumption per capita
5) average electricity consumption without industries

etc
etc

ps: every year the magazine Ca me interests publishes (achement touts) the classification of the "best" cities of France ... It seems to me that a sub-part is devoted to ecology (in the broad sense)
0 x