Buying French: made in France, a solution to the crisis?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/12/11, 09:51

Too good elephant, to put in humor!

This message reflects the national pride of being Belgian (pride that has been wavering for a while in France ...) : Cheesy:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/12/11, 10:20

Christophe wrote:Attention didi! There you make pro system propaganda! : cheesy:: cheesy:

a) Airbuses are sold because they are the best planes in the world! : Cheesy:

If the general public knew all the whores (sorry there are no other words) of the US lobby level anti Airbus and pro Boeing ... we would close all the macdaube! Because both are just vomiting!

In fact, only the USA is allowed to do protectionism ... they are the strongest, so they are above the law ...

b) Concerning your 2) it is surely true there is no reason that it does not change !!! (see new auction scale). When, as a public buyer, you have the choice between a domestically produced product and a foreign equivalent, you must

What is not made nationally ultimately costs more to the nation even if the price is slightly higher! When you count for the interest of the nation, you have to know how to count just and globally!

The Germans may not have the equivalent of the accounts (from the federal operation it is almost on) and the German police do not buy PSA or Renault, am I wrong ?!

c) If we already have made in Europe mandatory in public offers it's already good ...but where did the profits of the Ford police come from? Good I quibble! (but only 1/2): cheesy:

1) Pro-system propaganda maybe ... You know that I am not a "revolutionary", I am not for "breaking" systems, because history shows that they are replaced by worse systems [ we could philosophize for a long time, but system breakers are also unfinished teens or neurotics who ignore each other, who, in addition to their loud mouths, have an incredible capacity to set themselves up as dictators - but they are no longer flies whose they tear off the elders, but opponents - that is to say 90% of the people - whom they send to gulags]

So I take your remark for a compliment.

2) Seriously, "airbus" was a slogan ...

I wanted to say that I find this "nationalist fold" stupid (even if it is very fashionable). Because overall, we gain nothing!

If we do not sell more abroad, it is because we are not as good as foreigners. To fall back on oneself is then to wallow in mediocrity.

I am speaking here, of course, of the European area, with "rules of the game" which, without being identical, are similar.

So "made in France" versus "made in Blegique" or "made in Germany" baffles me deeply. I love the Faro - or others -; I love French foie gras; I love the Germanic household appliance which has "hot water supplies" to connect to solar for a long time ...

For this space, I find that the promotion of "made in France" is a formidable regression. The fact that the medais arlent so much does not "validate" in any way [given the bullshit of the media, it should make you suspicious!] And there, Bayrou, once pro-European, is aging badly.

3) Where my thought was necessarily caricatured, and where I join you, it is of course when it comes to the States and their false ass protectionimse, I join you.

And be heard when they are Asian filth made by worker-slaves from CO²-energies!

4) And of course, this does not take anything away from the question of re-industrialization, nor from the fight to impose the same rules upon entering our space. There I am 100% for.

This does not detract from the idea that it is necessary to integrate the "additional costs", particularly energy, currently not taken into account (you will remember that I was here - and I remain so - a defender of the carbon tax and a "heavy" carbon tax, against the majority of forumeurs!]
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/12/11, 11:08

Did67 said:

If we do not sell more abroad, it is because we are not as good as foreigners. To fall back on oneself is then to wallow in mediocrity.

Early conclusion: I worked on export in 2008. You sometimes lose the sale of an entire container for a few cents a piece.
Even buyers of prestigious brands go for the least expensive (in all irresponsibility, because a production stoppage due to poor quality costs much more, but the first quality of a buyer is to respect his budgets. does better. Stopping production is another budget item : Mrgreen: )

On the other hand, in "savage countries" our dryers were preferred because they were designed to be repaired by the nearest industrial refrigeration engineer: no electronics.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Did67

by Did67 » 13/12/11, 14:15

elephant wrote:
Early conclusion: I worked on export in 2008. You sometimes lose the sale of an entire container for a few cents a piece.
Even buyers of prestigious brands go for the least expensive (in all irresponsibility, because a production stoppage due to poor quality costs much more, but the first quality of a buyer is to respect his budgets. 'it does better. The production stoppages is another budget item: mrgreen:).

Like any post on a forum, it is forced, nt simlifier. And there will always be exceptions.

That said, if you include in "quality" at the same time the technicality of the product, the service, the reliability, the reputtaion of the brand (which is something that is accuière), etc ... you can export if you are better than the others ... never at everything, of course ... it is rare that you have 100% of the modern market, because the buyers privilege such or such criteria ...

I was tarnishing a very general remark (shortcut):

- either a country is in deficit (such as France) because it does not have enough competitive products and you wonder about the "ingredients" of this competitiveness

- either a country is in deficit and you fall back on yourself with "buy made in France" ...

If the Germans buy made in Germany, the Belgians made in Belgium, etc etc, etc, well you are not selling anything anyway! And you stay with your "made in France" products, some of which will be mediocre (why improve them since people would buy "made in France" and the others no longer buy it anyway).

It takes a long time to write. But in principle, there is an "open model", where everyone has access to the best, and a "withdrawal model", where we are satisfied with mediocrity (which phones? Which flat screens? Which computers? which BMW? which pellet boilers? which Karcher? which chainsaws? etc etc etc "made in France")

For me, therefore a real false good idea. Do not forget that the PCF (Partic Communiste Français) made a flop with Marchais time.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/12/11, 14:17

elephant wrote:
On the other hand, in "savage countries" our dryers were preferred because they were designed to be repaired by the nearest industrial refrigeration engineer: no electronics.

So in this market, they were the "best"!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/12/11, 14:37

although among the most expensive!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 13/12/11, 15:19

Christophe wrote:
A Toyota made in Valencienne is more French than a Renault made in Romania ... or I should rather say "has more national added value"... this is what must be said and what counts!

It is assembled in Valencienne ....

Where are the engine blocks produced?

Didn't we hear about it during the weeks following the tsunami of supply shortages ???

The fords have (for some) PSA engines which are (or were) produced in France ... My Chrysler Voyager is assembled in Austria with an Italian engine of which 30% of the parts are made in Germany (yes)

Many products made in germany have nothing to envy to the Chinese hardware (I have at home a mixer from aldi made in germany that I suspect to be an obnoxious rebabadgeage as it is quail)

What I see: factories that close everywhere: first customers of these factories: the automobile ...
30mn from my home is the Poitou foundries ... Who made cylinder heads ... Despite the good health (perfused by the state) of the sector ... Full order book ... We turn off the stoves. ...

What I think about it: Let's not buy anything, let's leave their shit to them and use up the weft until the weft that we already have ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Did67

by Did67 » 13/12/11, 17:16

There, you add another problem: indeed, what is "made in ..."

Ford uses several HDI engine blocks from PSA. The Aygo Diesel block manufactured in the Czech Republic under a Japanese label is the PSA block ... The C3 (or some?) Come from Spain it seems to me ...

So, yes, in addition to not being very "visionary", it will be very difficult to define and therefore to implement. Suaf the wooden toys of such babacool having survived in the Vosges, I do not really know which product is made in one country!

There is a "made in France" label. I just don't know what percentage of French added value and a final assembly in France is enough for the product to carry it. SEB and I don't know which bike manufacturer uses this trick a lot. The “components” (pre-assembled in China) arrive in France, click, we fix together and we put in large “Made in France” (to be checked during your next visit to the small household appliances department) ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/12/11, 17:52

It will be more and more like that, and when it's not the Chinese, it's the robots.

I recently visited an electronic equipment workshop in Belgium which manufactures at competitive prices. A woman in a 50 m² room serves 4 machines (circuit attack, component insertion, wave soldering, drilling and cutting).

Of course, most of the components come from Asia

and the plastic is injected in China, in particular because the confection of the mold returns there to 2000 euros instead of 10-15000

On the other hand, the design office and the quality control are just above ready to intervene in the slightest incident.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 13/12/11, 21:27

Macro wrote:
Christophe wrote:
A Toyota made in Valencienne is more French than a Renault made in Romania ... or I should rather say "has more national added value"... this is what must be said and what counts!

It is assembled in Valencienne ....

Where are the engine blocks produced? ...

At Deeside in Wales for petrol engines and at Jelcz-Laskowice in Poland for Diesel engines: http://www.toyotapl.com/jelcz-laskowice ... ?id_kat=28

There is no longer any engine manufacturing at Toyota in Valenciennes.
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"