Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, what's a financial bubble? Explanations in 5 minutes chrono!

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

Re: Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, what's a financial bubble? Explanations in 5 minutes chrono!

by Christophe » 20/12/17, 14:22

These are the main risks of bitcoins, the failure of some platforms: https://www.lesechos.fr/finance-marches ... 139958.php

The price of bitcoin falls after the bankruptcy of a platform in South Korea

Bitcoin went down sharply from 18.000 to 16.000 dollars

(...)

Bitoin platforms are still much weaker than banks ... it must be said that they are not subsidized by the states either : Mrgreen:

The "drop" of around 12% (very reasonable therefore) was quickly compensated for and some people have undoubtedly made good deals with ...

So go around there is nothing to see : Mrgreen: or rather if, learn the lesson: bitcoins can do +/- 12% in one hour ... which can be very interesting if we know how to use this kind of behavior :)
0 x
Christophe

Re: Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, what's a financial bubble? Explanations in 5 minutes chrono!

by Christophe » 20/12/17, 15:36

Did67 wrote:If you look at the world with your eyes open, it's sad. But it's...

That's why I closed them for a while ... unfortunately I open them from time to time ...

Happy the ignorant ... it's not what they say?

But we can also choose to look at the good of the world rather than the evil ... (if if the man can do good ...)
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/12/17, 17:45

Christophe, you write:
I only condemn the abuses of the current banking and financial system ... not capitalism in the broad sense (as didi reminded, it is still the least worse ... although there were some regrets of Russian communism when even)

Why condemn "abuses" which are intrinsically part of a system and absolve said system? The idea of ​​"control" of something by nature unlimited is completely illogical.
Soviet "real" communism was only a planned form of capitalism, which is also observed in China today (in another form). Affirm that capitalism is still the least worst system that has existed is at least a slight judgment if we consider together two of its main aspects: its enormous and utterly new capacity for destruction and its impersonal aspect that makes it impossible to challenge effectively (unlike an incarnated dictatorship that directs action); the mere fact that you are saying this is a good reflection of its integration into our psyches ... : roll:
On the other hand, it is always dangerous to compare things from the past to a phenomenon still at an unfinished stage ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/12/17, 20:07

I do not abstain at all (do I have the capacity?) But we are not there to make the lawsuit of capitalism so? There we would really spend in the debate Melenchonism ... We're not here for that ...

Instead of the "less worse" I should perhaps rather have said: "the economic system most compatible with human nature" (that we have tested for the moment ... the modern economy is young and there is surely other systems to discover)

As the founder of econology, you think that I am far from considering destructive and resource-laden corporalism as a panacea ... That we still use GDP as the main indicator of growth deeply distresses me ...
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 21/12/17, 17:54

0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/12/17, 18:27

Christophe, you write:
There we would really go into the Mélenchonism debate ...

Because you think that Mélenchon is Actually anti-capitalist? : Lol:
Your catch-up formula: "the economic system most compatible with human nature"is worse than the initial statement; as for possible other systems, I agree, of course, with the opinion * of Did: no system is emancipatory, since any system assumes by definition an automatic operation (once the initial basic rules are stated).

* Although, as we see, for reasons that add to those he very aptly puts forward.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 21/12/17, 21:25

Christophe wrote:I do not abstain at all (do I have the capacity?) But we are not there to make the lawsuit of capitalism so? There we would really spend in the debate Melenchonism ... We're not here for that ...

Instead of the "less worse" I should perhaps rather have said: "the economic system most compatible with human nature" (that we have tested for the moment ... the modern economy is young and there is surely other systems to discover)

Le capitalism no longer exists, now we have to talk about liberalism and its neo / ultra derivatives. These last are in their turn only a phase of what should be called in the most objective way possible Exponential economism.
The economism and are leaning material the technologism are nothing more or less than bits of information - that is, structured energy - that colonize our brains.
The systems mentioned above do not have to be judged as good or bad since they result from determinisms that go far beyond human nature.
If those there and not others were selected it is for a simple reason: it is about the most dissipative models in energy, it thus allowed us, human hosts, to develop very quickly at detriments from other complex life forms.
However, if such bits of information (Memes) have developed it is "in exchange" (if I can put it that way) for saturation on a global scale, once better hosts are found we will be "pushed aside".

In such an approach * the question of the banks, which are only historical representations of economism, is only very secondary, because these are also called to disappear when the time comes.
So there is no alternative 2.0 to the development of the economy, just a logical extension, more powerful and even more penetrating.

* As part of a so-called approach meta-historicalthat is to say, encompassing the whole of history, banks are only forms that are made and unmade, to grasp the dangerousness of the process in progress it is necessary to grasp the full depth.
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/12/17, 22:24

I do not think it has become anachronistic to talk about capitalism, it's a semantic detail ...exponential economism is contained in capitalism. I recognize that your formula is more explicit, but we should avoid deviating too radically from the historical reference to avoid confusion ...
Otherwise, you operate a brilliant synthesis of the state of the matter and I hope, without really believing it, that the "dismayed economists"(and especially terrifying!) will read your lines. : roll:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/12/17, 22:33

Ahmed wrote:Christophe, you write:
There we would really go into the Mélenchonism debate ...

Because you think that Mélenchon is Actually anti-capitalist? : Lol:.

Not at all, but I'm just responding to the classification I've been given ...

Ahmed wrote:Your catch-up formula: "the economic system most compatible with human nature"is worse than the initial statement; as for possible other systems, I agree, of course, with the opinion * of Did: no system is emancipatory, since any system assumes by definition an automatic operation (once the initial basic rules are stated).

* Although, as we see, for reasons that add to those he very aptly puts forward.

Worse than the initial statement? Ok to justify then stp ...

For the rest, "automatic operation etc" well, I get nothing at all :)
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 21/12/17, 22:49

Ahmed wrote:I do not think it has become anachronistic to talk about capitalism, it's a semantic detail ...exponential economism is contained in capitalism. I recognize that your formula is more explicit, but we should avoid deviating too radically from the historical reference to avoid confusion ...

If I voluntarily exclude from my vocabulary the term capitalism it is mainly for reasons of ideological recovery.
Indeed, although the semantic structure fits relatively well with the fact over the recent historical period, the fact remains that this term has been used wrongly and by groups - particularly the ultra-left - which have personified him as the devil.
Capitalism is no longer understood as a process, but as a kind of nasty type fantomas guilty of all the evils.
As a result, it becomes difficult to use this term in a discussion to immediately be suspected of belonging to an anarchist, troskyst or communist group!

The use of the term exponential economism seems to me more relevant for two reasons:
-On the one hand, the use of term bordering on neologism tends to increase the attention of the interlocutor by avoiding the trap of classic inferences: "oh mashed again a Bolshevik who makes me proselytism"! : Cheesy:

On the other hand, from a meta-historical point of view it is beyond capital the notion of economy and therefore of information exchange at an exponential speed of acceleration which seems to me to be the central point of the process.
The subject of bitcoins interesting that it shows us the premises of a virtual economy but with very material and destructive bases on what could become the future economy, ie a system of exchange of information that would be lost in the most complete abstraction as living conditions on the biosphere deteriorate ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"