Achtung Krisis! More internship in schools of engineers

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

Achtung Krisis! More internship in schools of engineers

by Christophe » 18/07/09, 10:41

Engineering schools no longer find end-of-study project internships. Received by email:

CALL TO ALL DIPLOMAS AND ALL DIPLOMAS

We are looking for internship and PFE proposals for students of our School

Indeed, the economic situation not only affects companies and the entire industrial and commercial world, but it also significantly reduces the internship opportunities for students of our School.

Students have serious difficulty finding internship and IEP opportunities. This concern concerns all the specialties of Engineers and Architects.

The Management of the Establishment, the Directorate of International Relations and the Directorate of the Architecture Department have officially requested the support of our Arts & Industries Association to help young people find subjects from companies, or agencies depending on the case, to their internships and their PFE.

Also, by this message, the Steering Committee of Arts & Industries asks each Graduate, each Graduate, to propose one (or even several) subject (s) of internship and / or PFE within the limits of his possibilities.

Please send your offers without delay, by post, E-mail or fax directly to:

Arts & Industries Secretariat
House of the Engineer and the Architect
56, boulevard d'Anvers
67000 STRASBOURG
Fax: 03.88.60.67.02.

Hey yes it's shit and it dates not yesterday ... it may "wake up" some who have been veiling their faces for 20-30 years ... ("elitism" to the con of French engineers ... ).

For example: since obtaining my diploma and my 3 years of "anything" post diploma I asked myself pkoi was there no "quotas" of "creation / training of engineer" according to the economic situation French economy? That is to say variable workforce according to certain economic figures?
Indeed, pkoi the taxpayer should pay for foreigners who expatriate and therefore no longer bring wealth to France? And I speak knowingly ... being myself an exile ... not expatriate! : Cheesy:

This also applies to researchers and many other training courses ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 18/07/09, 10:55

Hello Christopher,

In "my time" (2000/2003), it was not abundant either ... I had some local knowledge in Pechiney and Fortech.

When my friends didn't find anything in a technician / engineer internship, they asked me if there was not a small place left. Sometimes yes, sometimes no ...

Say, you advertise for INSA !! : Cheesy:

You should offer econologist internships :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/09, 11:03

Well yes it was already not the joy (I was looking for a "job" at that time) but I think it is much worse at the moment ... otherwise this "call of July 18" (hihihihi) would not have been launched!

Well what do you want yes I do "advertising", but you have to help them, the poor !!

But INSA I don't know, I'm still from ENSAIS (Mecanique 2001), it became INSA Strasbourg in 2003 I think ...

As for internships: in 1 or 2 years the association could indeed offer some, but beware it's not "free" ...

The trainee cost 40 to 50 francs in 000-2000 to the company which "hired" him. This sum is the "tax or contribution" paid to the ENSAIS and if the trainee is paid or defrayed, this sum must obviously be increased under the social conditions in force ...
0 x
Remundo

Re: Achtung Krisis! More internship in engineering schools

by Remundo » 18/07/09, 11:05

Christophe wrote:Indeed, pkoi the taxpayer should pay for foreigners who expatriate and therefore no longer bring wealth to France? And I speak knowingly ... being myself an exile ... not expatriate! : Cheesy:

This also applies to researchers and many other training courses ...

And yes you are right ...

You have a "Germanic" conception at the Technische FachHochschule "where we train nationals of good levels (from technician to engineer) for national SMEs, and operational engineers.

In France, we train managers who go internationally ... In fact, they are just luxury sales representatives with a diploma which allows them to order, sorry, to "manage participatively" guys who are 100 times more competent than them in the field ...

When we compare French and German industry, everything is said. My friends found a lot of engineering internships in Germany.

Almost every time I buy a specific good quality thing for SYCOMOREEN, it's German ... or Swiss. :P
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 18/07/09, 11:09

Christophe wrote:Well what do you want yes I do "advertising", but you have to help them, the poor !!

But INSA I don't know, I'm still from ENSAIS (Mecanique 2001), it became INSA Strasbourg in 2003 I think ...

A thousand apologies for this little amalgam ...
As for internships: in 1 or 2 years the association could indeed offer some, but beware it's not "free" ...

The trainee cost 40 to 50 francs in 000-2000 to the company which "hired" him. This sum is the "tax or contribution" paid to the ENSAIS and if the trainee is paid or defrayed, this sum must obviously be increased under the social conditions in force ...

Yes, I know this practice ... I believe that the schools are getting a little fat and cool the SMEs, even large groups. In the meantime, it's the little kid who drinks and generally, we tell him that he can't sell himself ... when you have sticks in the wheels, you have to pedal very hard :?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 18/07/09, 11:18

I am surprised: 40.000 FF, that's about 6000 euros.
I had two trainee future industrial engineers in my company (in Belgium) in the 90s. It cost us nothing, except to insure them against accidents.
In fact, with us we are very happy to have it, it makes cheap labor that we often use to advance a secondary project.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Remundo

by Remundo » 18/07/09, 11:35

+1 Elephant ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/09, 11:38

No 40 francs in 000 that's more than 2000 € ... I would say at least 6000 € now (there has been the "boom" in real estate since 8000) ... but it doesn't change much to your remark: different country, different practices ...

In any case, I can tell you that the teachers were ... very interested in getting the maximum of these "bonuses" ... as if their salaries depended on it ???

Concerning me, I think they were shouting because the 40 francs of the pantone project of the ANVAR I spent 000% ... on equipment (the most expensive had been the H95 / O2 analysis probes, more than 2 francs I think ... it's in the report I remember better) that they finally left "to rot" in a corner of the lab (I returned there in 15) ...

: Evil:
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"