Public debt: bankruptcy of Greece ... who's next?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/05/10, 20:42

The Greek crisis is an episode of the war current...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/05/10, 21:19

Yes of course Ahmed but I was thinking here of a war with lead, not with gold ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/05/10, 22:00

Of course!
But real war is only the continuation of economic war by other means ... to paraphrase Machiavelli.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 11/05/10, 10:02

To help Greece show solidarity, buy Feta Salakis!

NB: be careful, Feta Salakis is not a Greek product : Shock: , the Greeks do not touch a cent because it is a product of the French group Lactalis : Shock: , the Greek government even believes that Salakis feta is a forgery.

Until now, Greece has only obtained in court the word "Feta" to become an AOC exclusively reserved for feta produced in Greece.

Lactalis has already distinguished itself by having tried to make the camembert with raw milk supposedly dangerous for health disappear.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/05/10, 23:17

Tonight or never tonight: Public debt, France bankrupt, is it possible?

At the time of the Greek crisis and the pension reform, Frédéric received Jacques Attali and Laurent Fabius in particular for an economic debate. Public debt: can France go bankrupt? Can we escape the tax hike? Will the Greek crisis set Europe on fire?

To see again tomorrow in streaming: http://ce-soir-ou-jamais.france3.fr/?pa ... rique=1064
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/06/10, 17:19

Raw info:
Plunged into Chaos: Europe on the Eve of the Bilderberg Conference

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... &aid=19527
it is widely held in the expert community that the indebtedness figures for Greece, Portugal, and a number of other EU countries are unrealistically low and do not reflect the actual proportions of the problem.

Experts from Lombard Odier, a Swiss bank, estimate the bulk of Greek bad debt at 875% of its GDP, which means that to meet its obligations the country would have to invest - without any foreseeable returns - an amount exceeding its GDP by a factor of 8.75. The situations in Poland and Slovenia are even more alarming - in their cases the debt to GDP ratio is 15 and 11 respectively. The corresponding average over the Eurozone is 4.34, and in the US - 5.

The plan imposed on Europe by elite financial circles implies countering the indebtedness problem with the help of new borrowings, which will exacerbate rather than remedy the budget problem. According to Eurostat data, in 2010 the Eurozone sovereign debt will grow from 77.7% to 83.6% of the GDP.
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Public debt: bankruptcy of Greece ... who's next?

by bamboo » 23/09/10, 11:52

Christophe wrote:Image

I thought I answered that, but obviously not.
So here it is:
The curve "debt without interest" does not correspond to a debt, but to a deficit (ie for the current year).
Just look at 2000: we did not have a deficit (or very little), BUT we still had debt (the one accumulated in previous years). So why is the curve at 0?
The curves would be much closer to each other if we had "cumulative debt with interest" and "cumulative debt without interest".
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/10, 12:10

It is at 0 as soon as a part of the deficit has been reimbursed. You would be right if the State was unable to repay its debt, or 40% of taxes go to debt ... so there is a capacity to repay the debt / reduce the deficit (in time 0 deficit and debt are identical ).

See this video of Seguin: https://www.econologie.com/philippe-segu ... -4146.html (rare politician to confess in public)

For me: green curve = deficit - debt / deficit repayment capacity. It is for that that from time it passes to 0 (balance of the budget) and that it makes "waves" according to the health of the economy (see after the crisis of 93 ... which is nothing compared to to the current one).

So it is indeed the "cumulative debt calculated without interest", cumulative has not been repeated in the title to prevent the heaviness, I think ... now interest-free debt and deficit are similar concepts ... and identical on only one year.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 23/09/10, 14:21

Another bird of near disaster:
all the banks on the brink of trillions of toxic deposits in the golbal banking system !!
The Global Banks at The Edge of The Precipice. Trillions of "Toxic Waste" in the Global Banking System
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... &aid=21099

Take your precautions !!
And you will accelerate the collapse !!
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 23/09/10, 14:32

Christophe wrote:It is at 0 as soon as a part of the deficit has been reimbursed. You would be right if the State was unable to repay its debt, or 40% of taxes go to debt ... so there is a capacity to repay the debt / reduce the deficit (in time 0 deficit and debt are identical ).

See this video of Seguin: https://www.econologie.com/philippe-segu ... -4146.html (rare politician to confess in public)

For me: green curve = deficit - debt / deficit repayment capacity. It is for that that from time it passes to 0 (balance of the budget) and that it makes "waves" according to the health of the economy (see after the crisis of 93 ... which is nothing compared to to the current one).

So it is indeed the "cumulative debt calculated without interest", cumulative has not been repeated in the title to prevent the heaviness, I think ... now interest-free debt and deficit are similar concepts ... and identical on only one year.

I don't see anything in what Seguin says that confirms what you are saying ("Econologie2 talks about listening to the 1st minute, I suppose it's you :D )

I maintain that the graph you are showing is misleading. The green curve gives only the current account deficit.
Do the reasoning at home: even if you borrow at 0%, from the moment when, each year, you spend more than you earn, you are forced to always borrow more and therefore your debt increases.
We know that we have spent decades beyond our means. The debt has therefore increased for decades.

For example, in 2005, wiki reports a deficit of $ 50 billion. Your green curve indicates the same thing.
If the green curve indicated the accumulated debt, the green curve would be much higher, since the debt would have been cumulated with previous years.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity