Brico discount stores have become scams?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

Brico discount stores have become scams?

by Christophe » 13/06/09, 21:50

It seems to me that the price of brico discount (at least Brico Depot) have become great anything ...

I am lucky to be able to compare with Belgium: example with the con, door pudding, same model, same dimensions: 5.50 at Bricot Dépot in France, 2.90 at Hubo in Belgium.

The small B&D sander displayed at BD at 90 €, we paid 50 € in Belgium in 2007! It is currently displayed in the same store, excluding promotions, at 60-65 €.

So during your shopping in these "pseudo" discount brico, be careful before filling your cart and compare the prices with the classic brico because, as for the non food at Lidl, some quality / price ratio really stinks ... really. ..

There is really fucking in France everyday ... I think the presence of the current tenant of the Elysee is not for nothing ...

The price of materials is not for nothing because Belgium pays the same prices ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/06/09, 22:02

I must have explained many months ago that the mentality was different: the major French distribution groups are there (in the bosses, of course) to make money. the rest does not matter, neither the well-being of the staff nor the interest of the client.

In Belgium, much smaller, with very strong competitive pressure, the approach is different, although Carrefour, taking over GB-Inno -BM did not show the example:

Small example: in the days of GB Inno BM, Bulgarian cabernet sauvignon from Assenovgrad was available all the time and in quantity (it had what is called "breadth" on the shelf) From the moment Carrefour arrived, finished: 4 bottles wide, no restocking, to OBLIGATE the customer to buy something else. And there are many examples.

On the personal side, the same thing: the cashiers are "obliged" to come with their own equipment to clean the conveyor belts at the checkout, because the management no longer wants to provide them with what is necessary. While in the days of GB-Inno-BM "we were good" (I started my career in the group: I even chose to remain a salesperson at GB when I was offered a position as department manager at Cora; at 52 H / week!)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 13/06/09, 22:03

Well in France I already noticed for food abortions.

Lidl's products were more expensive than the first prizes of Intermarché or Champion. I had raised on drinks, chips, laundry among others.

Since some days Carrefour market (former champion at home) offers its brand be called Discount ........ Ben again it is necessary to read the prices because the first prices (those who are at the bottom of the well hidden range) are cheaper than Carrefour Discount prices advertised as the cheapest.

In short, the only way to be sure is to look at the price per kilo or liter.
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/06/09, 22:36

Now, we must remain realistic.

Of course, we can choose to "live cheaper" by sacrificing quality. Now, a price compensates for a better price on another product in another brand. Who will choose to do all the shopping. We chose a shop, a range of prices ... how much would it cost to do all the chapels.

That said, there are real scandals: the other day, I go urgently to (censored). I paid for a box of peeled tomatoes, cut into cubes 400 gr of Elvea: 1,50 euros. Normally in first price, a box of peeled tomatoes 800 gr is trading 0,75 euros. Report from 1 to 4!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/06/09, 22:46

Uh my "gueulante" concerned the non food, pear and elephant, with the food there are so many manufacturers, suppliers and distributors that the objective comparison is really difficult, the prices are also (in theory) to be seasonal therefore vary more than the inedible.

But with a black sander and decker coming out (a priori) of the same factory is that is sold almost 2 times more expensive in a brico so called DISCOUNT French compared to a brico non discount Belgian ... Frankly ...

Pfff ... I do not know where France leads the French but they go head down!

Look rather on the side of conventional brico ... apparently currently it is more advantageous!
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"