Average annual energy consumption of a household?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
vertdeterre
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Average annual energy consumption of a household?

by vertdeterre » 04/06/09, 08:43

As part of a study on small wind turbines, I am trying to find out the average energy consumption of a French household (composed of two adults and two children) for a year. We will assume that the fireplace operates on all electric electric.

Is there official information given by the ministries?

Thank you in advance for your answers...

PS: if the subject is not in the right place, I let the admins and mods move it to a more appropriate part.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/06/09, 09:28

In Belgium, when we dimension PV installations, we FIND (we ask customers for their invoices) 3500 to 8000 KW hours per year. You have to consider that the 3500 is for people who don't have an electric boiler, no big freezer and who cook with gas. For this household size, an electric boiler consumes around 3650 KWh / year.
Heating is not included.
Heating (gas) represents 40.000 to 120.000 Kwh per year. It is of course very variable a sports family absent during the day in a well insulated house consumes less than a couple of chilly pensioners in a poorly insulated house
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/06/09, 10:01

To speak on average concerning electric heating I think is not significant taking into account the climatic varieties in France.

You should at least "regionalize" your request.

Heating with electricity from a wind turbine is, in any case, utopian ... but supplying a heat pump with it is already less!

You will find figures and statistics on electricity production and consumption in France EDF / RTE in this document: 2007 RTE statistics

Otherwise also look at the "vivrelec" offers.
0 x
vertdeterre
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by vertdeterre » 04/06/09, 11:58

Hmm, the region is the center.

I found on the DGEC website that the energy consumption for the old fleet of buildings is 240 kWh / m² / year. Does this include heating and DHW?

If we assumed that the heating and the DHW did not torunent to the electric, it would be necessary to aim for an electric consumption of how much in your opinion for uen a typical hearth (2 adults, 2 children)?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/06/09, 12:31

Your 240 kWh / m².year includes heating (it is also only heating) but is it with or without the Primary Energy correction?

Because the standard requires talking in Primary Energy, so all kWh electric must be corrected in France with a coefficient of 2.58 (1 kWh electric does not give a consumption 1 but 2.58 kWh EP /m².year)

In electric heating we can therefore "easily the 400 kWh / m².an" ...

Take a house heated "reasonably but poorly insulated": you are at 150 kWh / m².year with the correction that gives 387 kWh / m².year.

In fact 240 is even a very good value in EP since it is less than 100 kWh / m².year

Anyway, you can't start with such a "vague" number ...
0 x
vertdeterre
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by vertdeterre » 05/06/09, 13:49

I believe that the "240 kWh / m².year" is in final energy because it cited at the same time as the objective of 50 kWh / m².year for new housing ...
I have to check but it seems to me that it is ...

Mmm if we exclude heating and DHW, the consumption of electricity (lighting, electrical appliance and others) would be worth how much for a typical household?
It is this kind of consumption that the wind turbine (more or less important according to the consumption and the investment) would support ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 05/06/09, 17:48

Well !

Elephant wrote:

In Belgium, when we dimension PV installations, we FIND (we ask customers for their invoices) 3500 to 8000 KW hours per year. You have to consider that the 3500 is for people who don't have an electric boiler, no big freezer and who cook with gas. For this household size, an electric boiler consumes around 3650 KWh / year.
Heating is not included.
Heating (gas) represents 40.000 to 120.000 Kwh per year. It is of course very variable a sports family absent during the day in a well insulated house consumes less than a couple of chilly pensioners in a poorly insulated house

and I think he is right! :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be