Use ashes like laundry

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
camille42
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by camille42 » 28/07/09, 08:51

I was talking about proportions, I took a bottle of liquid laundry as a measuring cup and I put 1 / 2 bottle of ashes and 1 / 2 of water.

I let 24h decant but it only made me laundry for a machine.
I had to make a mistake somewhere, I put my potash in a bowl so that it decants but I have not covered!
Super result it even removed the limescale and traces of laundry from my machine, only flat I did not do enough.
Did you find my mistake, did not I put enough ash and water?

THANK YOU
0 x
tadammm
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Laundry detergent - quantities

by tadammm » 30/07/09, 11:50

No, you made no mistake and what you have recovered in quantity is normal.

So you have two solutions:
- either do your washing ashes liter per liter: 1 liter of ash for a liter of water. This is very possible if you have a chimney, because it is fast enough to do, but you have to start again often. I know people who do it this way.

- Take a large quantity of ash, filter them and then decant the same amount of water as the amount of ash filtered during 24 hours. The manipulations in this case seem quite long. Let's say that we can do it only if we have the necessary time ....

Covering or not does not change anything!

Since I do not have a fireplace, I pick up from my friends big buckets of ashes. Once filtered I get about 6 liters, so I add 6 liters of water and I get a little monster of three liters of laundry.

Sincerely.
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 30/07/09, 14:30

Our grandmothers used this process before the soap arrived .... and without the coffee filter !!!!!
Do not brag about your process, otherwise the laundry industry will fall on you.
0 x
camille42
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by camille42 » 30/07/09, 14:31

sorry tadammm I may be very silly but you still add water in the liquid that you got?
Because to make a liter of laundry it would take much more than a liter of ash and a liter of water, no?
Because half a can of each one made me a dose!
Can you tell me how you do it completely?

merci beaucoup
0 x
camille42
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by camille42 » 30/07/09, 14:35

excuse me I had not seen that you had told me at the end of the message. Well, I will resend with the ash box I have!
You let decant how long do you?
You put your mixture water and ash in a bucket and you let decant and after you filters? or you put in another container?
0 x
tadammm
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tadammm » 01/08/09, 16:01

jlt22 wrote:Our grandmothers used this process before the soap arrived .... and without the coffee filter !!!!!
Do not brag about your process, otherwise the laundry industry will fall on you.

: Cheesy: Oh yes, they would be able to!

And I would really love to meet one of these grandmothers, I would have so much to learn from them!

If there's one here, or one of those little kids, I'm asking. : Lol:
0 x
tadammm
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

manufacture of the laundry.

by tadammm » 01/08/09, 16:27

camille42 wrote:excuse me I had not seen that you had told me at the end of the message. Well, I will resend with the ash box I have!
You let decant how long do you?
You put your mixture water and ash in a bucket and you let decant and after you filters? or you put in another container?

I proceed as follows:
I get a bucket of ashes from my good friends.
I "sift" it because there are pieces of charred wood in it, etc ... And I only keep the fine ash.

I estimate the quantity of ash obtained according to the capacity of my container (number of liters).
I boil the same quantity of water that I pour into the bucket if the amount of ash obtained is less than or equal to half of my bucket, otherwise, as I do a large amount, in a larger container ( old washing machine of our grandmothers!)

Always because I make a large quantity and I pour water almost boiling I take enormous precautions so that children can not burn themselves, accidents always happen much faster than we can imagine.

I let 24 decant hours then I filter.
Filtering requires a lot of attention because the ash is so fine that it forms a kind of mud and it goes through everything.
So I do a first filtering using an old tights. (Finally in two old tights tied into each other)
Many people use fabric to do the same thing.

I do this: I suspend the full sticky to a hook and I let the laundry to drain for the time it takes (I do not take care of it, I just see when everything is gone) When it drips more, I tighten the sticky to get a max, (already we do not get a lot, so I press as much as I can).

Then I filter a second time with a coffee filter. It is very long, so, I fill the filter and I leave, I come to see from time to time and I add liquid as and until exhaustion. I fill a bottle or three bottles of glass 1 liter.
Then I let rest about ten days before using it. If your storage container is transparent, you will see, it forms a small deposit in the bottom of the container, and that I do not want in my laundry.
Some people say that their machine is covered with a whitish film? Not at my house. It may be limestone, but perhaps in the long run if the ash detergent is not sufficiently filtered what I leave at the bottom of my buffalo could it be on the drum of the machine.

If something does not seem clear to you, I remain at your disposal. : Cheesy:
0 x
camille42
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by camille42 » 03/08/09, 19:15

Not all is well, thank you very much for your very specific details, that's what I gays and I filter with a good towel bin it reassures me if the amount is small.
I'll start again ... thank you thank you thank you
0 x
éconologue I try to max ... she cries, she cries ... the planet!
kristoff
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kristoff » 25/09/09, 11:19

Hello all

it is now a year that I do and use my laundry, but I have a little doubt: I use ash coming from a baker (in addition to that from my fireplace) and therefore does not empty the ash once a week, and when I use this ash, I get a slightly gray liquid, unlike the ash that comes from my chimney and gives me a yellow liquid brown,
my question is this: is the "gray" detergent as effective as that coming from the chimney? at first glance I would say that it is also effective, but I still ask myself the question, especially why this grayish color?
Last edited by kristoff the 04 / 10 / 09, 12: 56, 1 edited once.
0 x
ytzmi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ytzmi » 03/10/09, 22:55

jonule wrote:Hi all,
I drop nut washing, ash etc:
I have just discovered the "washing ball" or "magic ball" or 'bio ball ": 40 € for 1000 to 1500 washes, the economical +, I am trying to test:
our neighboring countries have been using it for quite some time ... why not us?

Bio-bouboules are about as bio-friendly as depleted uranium, GMOs, or ballistic missiles.
They actually wash clothes, it's a fact. But by magic ??? You believe in it? Really? Your hand on fire?

These "organic" things which do not contain detergent, have a real washing power, incomparably superior to their possible beating effect. Whoever is satisfied with the magic explanation and who uses them, behaves like a primitive man to whom one offers the water of fire, and who drinks it, because he trusts in the magic of the one who offer it to him. He has confidence ...

The bio-ecological magic-without CO2 in question is called NANOPARTICLES. Billions and billions of nanoparticles, so small that in contact with the skin, they can directly cross, and join the blood through the capillaries. There has been little serious research on the health impacts that has been published (as with GMOs, what a coincidence ...) we are reduced to the most enlightened reasoning possible.

The size of these nanoparticles is smaller than that of the immune cells, and it is not necessary to be very subtle to understand that the immune system will not tolerate their presence in the body for a long time. He will send the lymphocytes for phagocytosis and then excrete them.
An immune system busy fighting against nanoparticles has fewer means to eliminate the new cancer cells that bud every day in everyone.

By the way, after your magic laundry, where is your magic water spent? Where are your billions of magical nanoparticles going? For how many years, (perhaps centuries, we do not know) will they play tricks of magic on the lymphocytes of your neighbors, your children?

Conclusions? Some savings can be very expensive. And not only to you. Fire water burns.
In the neo-liberal industrial era, trust is beautiful.
And Santa Claus is dead. Of a cancer.
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"