Tips to use less energy at home

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 16/02/10, 12:17

Hic wrote:
SixK wrote:
For TV screens, must see, the value I saw for the LCD, it is 55W to 180W depending on the size of the screen.
We stay very close to TV consumption. Sometimes even we are curiously above. :(
And LCD TVs are much more expensive than tube TVs ...
SixK

Hi sixk
Today it is LCD screens -> to "LED" <-
who consume the least !!
With a better image. (TV and computer)

OLEDs even less, but still too expensive to buy,
(they will be cheaper to manufacture than LCDs)

There you have to put things in perspective: my old Thomson 72cm 3/4 100hz high-end television consumed 158w / h, my new Sony 117cm 200hz LCD television consumes 166w / h (with a new low consumption tube backlight because the old 117 200hz consumed 240w. ..) is roughly the same consumption as the old CRT but with a 2x larger image!
Do not want butter and butter money and in addition the c .. of the farmer ...
LED backlight screens are still considerably more expensive, to stay in the same range as my screen, it's 500 € more for a not phenomenal difference in quality (my screen is already very good) and a conso barely less ... When at low cost LEDs their image quality is not better than mine and the backlighting made up of PERIPHERAL LEDs placed in the frame, the light being diffused by a mirror, the LEDs high range have the rear panel covered with LED it is not necessarily the same ...
Modern plasma also consumes an equal screen size 2x less than 2 years ago (Panasonic / Pioneer neo PDP 400hz plasma), i.e. 300-350x / h instead of 5-600w / h ...
OLEDs would be ideal, but the only one currently available on the market is very small, 11 inches, and costs a fortune ... a demo model with 3m diagonal was presented, but not marketed ...
0 x
candas1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by candas1 » 16/02/10, 15:13

I do not know if it has already been said but it is also possible to play with the TV settings to consume less.
By lowering the brightness and the contrast I had gained several tens of watts for example.
The factory settings on my TV were too high.
Well it is an lcd which is practically 4 years old, the recent lcd are perhaps better optimized.
0 x
A4 1.9 90 tdi CH - 300 000 km
Record conso - 4.15 L / 100
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 16/02/10, 15:41

candas1 wrote:I do not know if it has already been said but it is also possible to play with the TV settings to consume less.
By lowering the brightness and the contrast I had gained several tens of watts for example.
The factory settings on my TV were too high.
Well it is an lcd which is practically 4 years old, the recent lcd are perhaps better optimized.

I jump at the opportunity to specify that the consumptions given by the manufacturers are those measured with the "economic" mode: no filter, lower contrast and light ...

Ditto for household appliances. There is no point in buying an "A" category if it is not to use the "eco" mode ...
=> You have to buy "A" AND use the "eco" program.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 16/02/10, 16:15

candas 1 wrote:

I do not know if it has already been said but it is also possible to play with the TV settings to consume less.

candle tip savings! Learn to look less but better! (avoid Télé Bouygues-Sarko, for example!) :D :D :D and join Madame earlier under the duvet! :D (savings in heating and lighting!)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 18/02/10, 15:50

Hasardine wrote:yes, because the plants that you bought were not given, but for next year, keep some in your cellar they will serve you to have them again, moreover you never manage to get everything out, suddenly , you're going to have some that will come alone next year.

Hi Hasardine
it is expensive and worth nothing !!
There is a 'lo BY' of the seed that blocks the sale
of old products : Evil:
no way to find the right tomato of yesteryear :frown:
so where to find it?
goodbye Hic
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 19/02/10, 20:40

oiseautempete said;
There you have to put things in perspective: my old Thomson 72cm 3/4 100hz high-end television consumed 158w / h, my new Sony 117cm 200hz LCD television consumes 166w / h (with a new low consumption tube backlight because the old 117 200hz consumed 240w. ..) is roughly the same consumption as the old CRT but with a 2x larger image!
Do not want butter and butter money and in addition the c .. of the farmer ...
LED backlight screens are still considerably more expensive, to stay in the same range as my screen, it's 500 € more for a not phenomenal difference in quality (my screen is already very good) and a conso barely less ... When at low cost LEDs their image quality is not better than mine and the backlighting made up of PERIPHERAL LEDs placed in the frame, the light being diffused by a mirror, the LEDs high range have the rear panel covered with LED it is not necessarily the same ...
Modern plasma also consumes an equal screen size 2x less than 2 years ago (Panasonic / Pioneer neo PDP 400hz plasma), i.e. 300-350x / h instead of 5-600w / h ...
OLEDs would be ideal, but the only one currently available on the market is very small, 11 inches, and costs a fortune ... a demo model with 3m diagonal was presented, but not marketed ... [/ quote]

Hi oiseautempete
it's been almost 10 years that I have a screen consuming 22W (against 2VA of the previous one)
I've been saving 10W per hour of use for 420 years
a cathodic works on the principle
arc lamp or electric welding
just like fluorescence, so lots of UVs.
image is unstable due to scanning of the electron gun
for now there is only the LED which produces light, only in the visible spectrum

What to pay me for, a 300-euro LED LCD screen at 2 hours a day
economics
with the money of the butter : Mrgreen:
goodbye Hic
0 x
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 19/02/10, 21:44

my VMC recovers the heat from the chimney flue and the heat from the apartment to heat the air injected under overpressure in the appt and the DHW (frost free in winter)
it is used for inter season heating with solar heating and I make 150 l of domestic hot water
hot water saving + 67% added to that 150 l of hot water
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

water saving

by zorglub » 19/02/10, 21:49

my washing machine and the toilets are powered by spring water result my water consumption has dropped from 100 m3 to 39 m3
saving around € 398 in 4 years
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 19/02/10, 21:58

To prevent the PC from running for hours unnecessarily, because the restart is often too long.
With XP, there is an alternative to quickly restart the PC after shutdown.
It is to configure the PC in "hibernate". This is especially for saving laptop batteries, but it works with a desktop PC.
, you turn them off manually.
Later, you press the power button, and the PC turns on again in the minute.
At your service... : Cheesy:

Hi gegyx
there was an unlimited freezer on windows 3.11
which boot directly on the memory save on shutdown

I only used that !!
a freezer that takes 3 hours or a minute to freeze
it's a micro soft joke

goodbye Hic
Last edited by hic the 19 / 02 / 10, 22: 51, 1 edited once.
0 x
Torture for Dummies
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Your tips for consuming less

by hic » 19/02/10, 22:40

Rulian wrote:Hello !

Post in this topic your tips and the original means you use to limit your energy consumption at home.

This section is for everything that is not offered in the "Advice" section of KH.

Goods.

Hi all
recover WiFi energy
http://www.elektor.fr/nouvelles/y-a-de- ... 5560.lynkx

goodbye Hic
0 x
Torture for Dummies