The dilemma of soap nuts ...

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

The dilemma of soap nuts ...

by bob_isat » 27/06/06, 18:17

Hi everybody,

soapnuts are a product I've heard about for a while but I haven't taken the plunge yet. Indeed, I ask myself the following question:

is it better to use a conventional detergent, with nitrates, or products that have traveled 4000 km by plane?

What do you think?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/06, 18:20

Econologically correct question!

First answer they do not come by plane but by boat (the most economical kg transport in the world and from far away!) ...

I close the subject because we are already discussing it here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/noix-de-la ... t1550.html
and the answer arrives very soon on the site!

ps: it's not 4000 but almost 10 ...
Last edited by Christophe the 07 / 09 / 09, 14: 04, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 27/06/06, 18:32

Extract from an article that we wrote to answer this type of questioning:

"2. Transport from India or Nepal poses the problem of fuel and is not as ecological as that.
From this point of view, the ideal solution would be that we all have a soap tree in our garden: this is not the case. We must then compare with the situation as it is if we stick to conventional detergents. Take the example of a couple without children:
-with soapnuts: its consumption is on average 100g for three months, or more than 2 years with 1 kg.
-with conventional laundry, it will consume for the same time about 8 5 kg packages: or 40 kg of laundry / 40 kg to transport factory-store-home / 8 large packages.

In view of this comparison, the problem of transport becomes a false problem. "

Full article: https://www.econologie.com/impact-ecolog ... avage.html
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"