Water-related eco-gestures (save it)

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
MivilleAndré
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Water-related eco-gestures (save it)

by MivilleAndré » 02/08/10, 15:55

WATER:

* Regularly check your water consumption, noting the number of the water meter, for example before going to sleep, then, before any use: the slightest difference reveals a leak. Leaks can waste several tens of liters per day;
* To locate a leak, check the consumption after closing the inlet taps one by one (under the sink, under the sink, flushing, etc.);
* When you want to draw hot water, recover the water which comes out still cold or lukewarm, for example to water the plants;
* Rather than throwing hot water, use it for weeding or cleaning;
* Rainwater can be used to water, wash the car or power the toilet. However, refrain from drinking it: the water thus collected generally does not meet the criteria for drinking, especially in urban areas.
* Do the dishes in a basin or in the closed sink and not by letting the water run;
* Use aerators (aerators) attached to the taps to save 35% water.
* equip yourself with a glass of water for brushing your teeth
* don't buy tons of useless clothes, a t-shirt is 50 euros but it's also 100 liters of water, think about it
* equip yourself with a 300 liter barrel for your garden and join them to the channels, to the migros, it only costs 20 euros
* if you are relatively strong in DIY, try to collect the water from the shower to replace that of the toilet, I remind you that when we flush the toilet, it is potable water that circulates
* if you have a garden between camouflaged quotes, do not hesitate to create a piss corner (man and woman : Lol: ), this avoids losing 30 liters of water
* Wash the dishes, wash your teeth or hands, shave but ... without leaving water running. The economy can reach 10 m³ per year per person; for any use of water, tell yourself that it is precious
* Use the dishwasher or washing machine only when it is full, because it will last longer because it is used less and it will save water
* Use a dual control flush (as needed, three or six liters may be sufficient) or dry toilets (pour one or two ladles of wood shavings / sawdust / ash after each pass so that the carbon ratio / nitrogen favorable to composting, neutralizes odors);
* Regularly check the flushing water by closing the tap after filling and then opening it before use: if the water starts to flow, the tank leaks (this can represent several tens of liters per day);
* Use a hand shower fitted with an interrupter handle (economizing shower heads), which cuts the flow if not pressed, in order to save 50% of water;
* Prefer the shower to the bath: this saves you 100 liters each time
* Partially close the tap on the sink and sink lines to limit the maximum flow;
* Close the taps well, but without forcing them because this crushes the joint: a tap which leaks drop by drop can cause a loss of up to 35 m³ / year;
* Use mixing valves, which save 10% of water by simultaneously regulating the temperature and the flow;
* Avoid using an osmosis unit without a permeat pump, otherwise it can reject up to 90% of water in the sewer;
* Water the garden in the evening, this prevents part of the water from evaporating if you water in the evening.

Ok, I think I said everything I wanted, but this is only the first version of the list, tell me if we can still complete it.
0 x
savings, deprivation, recovery and wisdom, that's my motto!
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 02/08/10, 23:42

* If you are a handyman, use the rainwater tank for flushing the toilets, as well as for the washing machine, or fill it with rainwater when the program requests it (ca need to know how it works and the washing program).
0 x
ecoco2
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ecoco2 » 06/07/12, 10:49

If you want to learn even more eco-gestures, I recommend this site: http://maville.estaucourant.com/ecoconcours/ecogestes

It is very well illustrated and explained!

Sincerely,

EcoCo2
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 06/07/12, 22:37

To make big savings in water, you have to eat a minimum of meat.

It takes 15.000 liters of water to make 1 kg of beef and 800 liters of water for 1 kg of wheat.

An ox provides 200 kg of meat, or 1.500 meals. The cereals he ate could have served 18.000 meals.

Source:
http://terresacree.org/mediter.htm
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 07/07/12, 00:09

An ox provides 200 kg of meat, or 1.500 meals. The cereals he ate could have served 18.000 meals.

A calf (and still a large one) can be but not a beef!
I breed 2 pigs per year and each provides +120 kg of meat each after 6 months.
They eat between them 2 - + 500 kg of grain.

I doubt the veracity of the figures given by this site. Even if he
is happy to pump them (copy / paste) from another site.
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 07/07/12, 11:43

Rabbit said:

I know that in the pig everything is good, but this figure still seems high to me.

As for beef, my figure must not be far from the real count.
On a 750 kg beef, only 269 kg are sold.

When we eat it, sometimes there is fat, sometimes bone that we do not eat: this further reduces the actually edible part.

New source (connoisseurs this time):
http://www.la-viande.fr/rendement-type
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 07/07/12, 12:56

Rabbit wrote:

A calf (and still a large one) can be but not a beef!
They eat between them 2 - + 500 kg of grain.

I doubt the veracity of the figures given by this site. Even if he
is happy to pump them (copy / paste) from another site.

I confirm the figures of jlt22

5 liters of water for one kilo of beef ...
Take the example of a steak. It takes 3 years for the beef to reach adulthood and produce around 200kg of fresh meat. During these three years, the beef will consume 1300 kg of grains (wheat, corn, soy, oats ...) and 7200 kg of grass. To cultivate these fields, it will take about 3 million liters of water. To this we add the 24 liters of water transported by the beef and the additional 000 liters for its maintenance. In short, to obtain 7 kg of beef, 000 liters of water were needed ...

http://www.linternaute.com/savoir/dossier/eau-virtuelle/produits.shtml

(it is necessary to use 500 l of water to make a kg of potatoes, but from 20.000 to 100.000 liters to make a kg of beef with cereals from irrigated crops),

http://www.manicore.com/documentation/serre/lutte_individuelle.html
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 07/07/12, 13:12

On a very official site, this gives 15000 liters of water to produce 1 kg of beef and again everything depends on its production system, the composition and the origin of its food.

There's also a water footprint calculator, and loads of water reports

For all this information:

http://www.waterfootprint.org/?page=files/home
0 x