Recycling or using small pieces of soap!

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Recycling or using small pieces of soap!

by Christophe » 03/07/12, 10:48

For those who use "harsh" soaps to wash, here's a little tip on what to do with those "unusable" little bits in the shower.

a) Soak them for a few hours in (cold) water
b) Once they are well softened, compress them by hand or using a mold (for "pros").
c) Let it dry for a few hours (in the sun it goes faster). Here you have a new soap :)
d) Use the decoction obtained to do the housework or a washing (it is quite sticky)

Alternative: you can rap them in small pieces and use them in the washing machine directly.

Pictures follow!

If you have other ideas ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/07/12, 10:59

after the candle tip economy the soap tip economy : Mrgreen:

but there is no small economy

I have always seen it done: when the remaining piece of soap is very small and slightly softened by water, you do not stick to a large new piece of soap ... and it will be used without loss
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/07/12, 11:12

Yes for the technique of bonding on new soap, I also tested but it does not always hold up well!

There are no small savings :D

I wash exclusively with hard soaps so ... in the end it saves roughly 1 in 10 ...
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Recycling or using small pieces of soap!

by hic » 03/07/12, 14:03

Christophe wrote:For those who use "harsh" soaps to wash, here's a little tip on what to do with those "unusable" little bits in the shower.
a) Soak them for a few hours in (cold) water
b) Once they are well softened, compress them by hand or using a mold (for "pros").
c) Let it dry for a few hours (in the sun it goes faster). Here you have a new soap :)
d) Use the decoction obtained to do the housework or a washing (it is quite sticky)
Alternative: you can rap them in small pieces and use them in the washing machine directly.
Pictures follow!
If you have other ideas ...

hi Christophe
It is much easier to:

Reduce the pieces of soap powder, glitter.
Use as is.
All purpose!

hence saving time in soaping

Goodbye
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 03/07/12, 15:41

I have been using the Chatelot method for moons and it works well!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Giul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Giul » 03/07/12, 17:10

Otherwise, place the small pieces of soap in a knotted fine mesh net such as those around the onions or lemons;
possibly in a piece of stockings or sticky.
0 x
culbuto
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by culbuto » 23/02/13, 20:09

I've been reading you for a long time, but there I could bring you things: redoing a soap with the little bits, it's easy, but it's still industrial soap (petroleum-based, without vegetable glycerine) also palm-based.
But you can make your soap without heating, with local oils. Soap is just an oil (or fat) soda reaction. There are precautions to be taken, it is necessary to dose, allow time for the soap to be done alone, but in the end you have a product:
no dirty stuff like EDTA, sodium laureth sulfate, glycerin from petroleum etc
palm oil free since you choose your oils
a 5% surgras allows you to have a hydrated skin that does not pull. this soap is a complete care in itself.
Personally, I dissolve the soda in milk (mare, local product, or goat) or sea water for mineral salts. If you are interested, I can give you my "tips".
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/02/13, 20:27

Is it a bit like making your Aleppo soap? No?

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savon_d%27Alep
0 x
culbuto
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by culbuto » 23/02/13, 20:40

Obamot wrote:Is it a bit like making your Aleppo soap? No?

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savon_d%27Alep

Yes and no
Aleppo soap is a controlled designation, with olive oil and bay laurel. the percentage of bay laurel (very expensive by the way) will determine the price. it goes from 15 to 70% sometimes. Manufacturing in hot tanks is different from cold saponification.
when cold, it is the exothermic liquid soda reaction that will give the energy. no need to heat. And when cold, the glycerin produced by the reaction remains in the soap. about 8%. This is what moisturizes the skin and is lacking in industrial soap: it "pulls" on the skin, it dries it.
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 23/02/13, 21:58

Hello ,

Culbuto, you don't want to make a subject about it with your method :) .
it will be simpler and easier to find ...
It's very interesting I think ...
I've been trying to get started for a while now, you're my help;) "saponifier" ...

:)
0 x