Baby care and nursery: Béb'écolos

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

Baby care and nursery: Béb'écolos

by Christophe » 27/08/09, 10:02

Babies have their green nursery

The first ecological day nursery on Reunion Island was inaugurated in Saint-André the day before yesterday. This is Béb'écolos, a structure that can accommodate 20 babies, aged 1 to 3, which was set up by Nadine Fontaine, director of the establishment.

It was in January 2008 that the idea of ​​an ecological nursery was born in the mind of Nadine Fontaine. She is then on parental leave. Drawing on her experience in the Early Childhood Department of Saint-André Town Hall, she decided to set up her project and seek funding, with the support of the Development Agency. Then a year and a half later, she achieved the culmination of this project and the opening of this first ecological day nursery in Reunion.

Many characteristics allow this structure to be qualified as ecological. First the cloth diapers. Until around 3 years old, a baby uses more than a ton of disposable, non-recyclable diapers. The use of cloth diapers requires the use of a washing machine and therefore energy, but these expenses are derisory compared to the waste created by disposable diapers.

The organic vegetable garden is another key element of the project. In the medium term, it will make it possible to produce vegetables for consumption in the nursery and to introduce the little ones to the virtues of organic gardening. Watering will be provided by a rainwater collector. The nursery is also equipped with a water filter to avoid the purchase of bottles.

Ecology is also selective sorting. Each room in the nursery is equipped with the number of bins required for sorting. Finally, on the maintenance side, green waste is composted and cleaning products are certified by an eco-label.

This nursery also has an educational role. It makes children aware of eco-friendly gestures, but also allows parents to learn and reproduce them at home. Nadine Fontaine, for her part, wants her establishment to be "imitated" in future crèche creation projects so that ecology has its place with the little ones.

Source: http://www.temoignages.re/les-bebes-ont ... 38479.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/08/09, 10:23

Here is a 2-page article from one of the last issue of Habitat Naturel:

0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 27/08/09, 11:09

like me, my youngest is in an HQE nursery ... especially cooling by air circulation (the air conditioning only intervenes in the event of a heat wave) ....
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/08/09, 13:24

Uh sorry Renaud but if the fact of not having to systematically use the air conditioning allows a house to be classified as HQE, then 100% of the accommodation is HQE ...

: Cheesy:

Without laughing: could you tell us more about the nursery in question?
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 27/08/09, 14:13

the air conditioning is obviously one of the points to respect, I need to find out more, there are also solar thermal panels for water, the use of construction materials including paints had to comply with HQE standards .
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.

(Alessandro Marandotti)
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/08/09, 09:55

Ah, then! :)

It's fashionable, it looks like the Back-to-School effect?

Brand new, all-organic babies

The organic phenomenon also affects childcare. Rue du pont St Pierre, opened in June the first Toulouse organic store, dedicated to maternity. Both mothers and young children can now enjoy the benefits of "organic" products. Emilie, the young mother who runs the Satine & co store in St Cyprien opened her business because of a personal lack, “the idea came to me because after the birth of my daughter I had to buy my products on the internet, ”she explains. The young woman therefore opened her ethical and ecological childcare store. Open recently, success is already there. Parents are increasingly seeking to protect their child, "we very often see reports on the harmful effects of certain chemicals, dyes, so we are returning to a more natural mothering" explains Emilie.

With her little girl in her arms, she presents the most popular items: small leather slippers, washable and biodegradable diapers, and especially amber necklaces for teething. There are also beauty and hygiene products for young mothers, and all-natural wooden toys. "A lot of people come here to give gifts" specifies the young woman. “Natural mothering” is very fashionable. Emilie says that some parents who already have one or two children and who did not particularly care about ecology, are now turning to organic for a new child. Marie, a young mother very sensitive to ecology, is intractable. “I don't see myself feeding my child with pesticides, nor even making him play with objects full of chemicals,” she insists.

Organic is a booming market and Emilie does not intend to stop there. Soon she will be leading workshops in her shop in St Cyprien, to help mothers interested in natural mothering. “We can learn the traditional portage in the scarves, the use of washable diapers. I would also like to expand my specialized bookstore ”. It is with enthusiasm that this environmentally conscious mother wishes to share her knowledge in this field.

The cloth diaper boom

A baby in conventional disposable diapers consumes 4,5 trees and 67 kg of crude oil. This calculation is made over a period of 2 and a half years between birth and cleanliness. That's 5 diapers and a ton of waste. This figure multiplied by the number of babies in France, that gives 000 million trees and 5,6 tonnes of crude oil per year. This alarming finding is pushing more and more parents to choose washable diapers. Several brands offer these fabric diapers, the prices of which vary from 47 to 000 euros. About fifteen reusable diapers are needed per child. “It's an investment, but it's worth it! »Assures the manager of the Satine & co store.

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2009/08 ... t-bio.html

N'empeche, it's really nice the "free advertisement", I would like to have such an article for our shop ... : Cheesy:

About kids (organic or not): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc6i9_ ... eveque_fun
0 x