Nutella: soon the farewell pot? (watch the greedy ones)

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Econosaurus
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Nutella: soon the farewell pot? (watch the greedy ones)

by Econosaurus » 29/06/10, 10:50

Hello everyone !

The European Parliament intends to tighten the rules on nutrition labeling. Soon a "Warning danger, promotes obesity" on the spreads?

Everyone knows the statistics. Nine out of ten people like chocolate. And the tenth lie. The same goes for Nutella. But although adored around the world - with more than a million fans on Facebook -, the famous spread of the Ferrero group is found in the crosshairs of the European Union.

The European Parliament has in fact adopted a text proposal aimed at tightening the rules on nutrition labeling. Objective: to strengthen the fight against obesity. If this text is adopted at the European Council, food brands will no longer be able to advertise their products exceeding 10g of sugar, 4g of fat and 2mg of salt (per 100g of food).

Suffice to say that Nutella, made up of more than 60% sugar and palm oil, is not quite in line with the nutritional profile of the foodstuffs that Brussels wishes to defend. This is why, if the law comes into force, Ferrero could be forced to display on its jars of Nutella: "Warning danger, promotes obesity".

An initiative which raises fears in Italy, where the minister in charge of European affairs denounced the risk of "nutritional fundamentalism". The resistance is already being organized, with the foundation of a committee "Don't touch my Nutella" by a member of the Northern League ... Pending the decision at the top, Ferrero, for his part, assured in a press release that Nutella "will continue to be one of the greatest Italian myths". We are reassured.

(Clara Bamberger – Nouvelobs.com)

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualite/societe/20100628.OBS6302/nutella-bientot-le-pot-d-adieu.html

After cigarettes, it's time for food! I find it not so bad in the end. Except that it might spoil the design of the labels a little.
And regarding the regulations to be able to advertise, it was necessary that we get there: Alcohol, cigarettes and now junk food. It's logic.

Mc DO will do the mash, as will many other fatteners.

What are your opinions :?:
0 x
"It's not once you shit in bed that you squeeze your butt ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/10, 10:53

Damn my favorite snack !!!

And the 5kg jars that go out at Christmas will be banned? : Mrgreen:

It is not sweets that make you obese: it is the abuse of snacking and junk food in general, there was still black and white proof of this yesterday during the last Conviction Pieces of the year: https://www.econologie.com/forums/assiette-t ... t9779.html

+2 kg in 12 days for the journalist fed to the industrialist
-2 kg in 12 days for the journalist fed with bio
0 x
Econosaurus
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Econosaurus » 29/06/10, 11:46

Certainly it is the abuse that betrays our body ... But at the same time, when we have a 5 kg jar of nutnut, it is difficult to resist going there with a tablespoon in the evening in front of the TV : Mrgreen:

We are currently changing our habits (savings, gestures for nature, econology, etc.). We also come to food, as we were made aware by the Grenelle of the environment. No doubt that all this is linked and will indirectly make us aware of paying attention to what we eat.

Regarding MCdo, it would be fun and very informative to eat for 7 days ONLY at Mcdo (after having planned a budget anyway),
Like in Morgan Spurlock's movie "Supersize me", but French version (because MCdo US and MCdo FR are far from similar).

Like that if we get bigger, we will impose the labels on the boxes of the famous Big Mac!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/10, 12:11

Econosaurus wrote:Like in Morgan Spurlock's movie "Supersize me", but French version (because MCdo US and MCdo FR are far from similar).

Even if there are some differences on macdo sandwiches, I do not think there is much nutritional difference ... what changes are the doses ingested between a French and an American!

For example the number of sandwiches and the portion of fries and soda (1L is the medium in the USA I think !!)

Econosaurus wrote:Like that if we get bigger, we will impose the labels on the boxes of the famous Big Mac!

Renaming Fat Mac would be a good option too : Mrgreen:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 29/06/10, 12:20

Well, it's funny, I was talking about it to my wife this weekend by reading the composition of a jar

It's around 70% vegetable oil (palm oil) a little chocolate, hazelnut, and lots of E-stuff

I found that, I don't really believe it ...
However Nutella® © is made with:
56% carbohydrates (11% pure glucose, glucose syrup, and other sugars)
31% fat (Polyunsaturated vegetable oil or partially hydrogenated vegetable fat from peanut butter and cocoa butter),
13% ground hazelnuts,
7.4% lean cocoa,
6.6% milk,
soy lecithin (common emulsifier), and artificial flavors.

to check

However, it's like everything, just do not abuse it :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/10, 12:21

When is the nutella thermal pad? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Econosaurus
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Econosaurus » 29/06/10, 12:22

Christophe wrote:Renaming Fat Mac would be a good option too : Mrgreen:

Hahahahaa : Lol:
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 29/06/10, 13:19

Econosaurus wrote:
Regarding MCdo, it would be fun and very informative to eat for 7 days ONLY at Mcdo (after having planned a budget anyway),

An American journalist made a test which was to last 1 month, he stopped before the end of the experiment because his blood tests and his general condition became catastrophic to the point of causing a lethal risk ... : Shock:
For me, macdo is to be used at a pinch, exceptionally in repair if there is nothing else to eat ... a good "French" sandwich is 10x healthier ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/10, 13:39

This is precisely the movie "Supersize me" bird:

Econosaurus wrote:Like in Morgan Spurlock's movie "Supersize me", but French version (because MCdo US and MCdo FR are far from similar).
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 29/06/10, 14:37

Christophe wrote:This is precisely the movie "Supersize me" bird:

As much for me... : Lol:
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"