Nutella: soon the farewell pot? (watch the greedy ones)

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/07/10, 07:43

sen-no-sen wrote:Obesity responds to three factors, which I call the "obesity triangle" (by analogy to the fire triangle):

1) Lack of physical activity.
2) Overconsumption of food.
3) Poor nutritional balance.

(4) Genetic factor, affecting only certain people.

Remove one of the three main factors and remove obesity from you.

No offense to some, you can eat "fast food" every day and be thin (of course I do not recommend this type of adulterated food), by exerting yourself physically.
There is an interesting "anti-supersize me" documentary to watch: it's Fat Head (not everything is good to take in the documentary, but it is still interesting).

No, obesity appears when someone "metabolizes badly" for their own reasons.

Indeed, because of the "personal components" and not necessarily genetic, there are people who cumulate the first three conditions that you cite and who remain sveletes. Their metabolism having managed to control the situation.

In addition, genetic predispositions should not be confused with degeneration linked to the weakening of the species by the repetition of bad practices spanning several generations in the same family.

The factors you describe are far too incomplete to constitute a possible “rule” to follow and it is even dangerous to do so lightly. There are risks of bracing your food bowl.

It remains to define what is meant by "balanced diet"
Among other means of prevention, there is the acid / base balance, the fixing of calcium in the body (and not only absorption) the deficiency in certain vitamins including especially those coming from polyunsaturated fatty acids, the very ones that allow us to eliminate saturated fatty acids (including trans acids) ... since the purpose of the fight against obesity is above all a story of correct elimination of ... fat!
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 02/07/10, 10:31

Obamot wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:Obesity responds to three factors, which I call the "obesity triangle" (by analogy to the fire triangle):

1) Lack of physical activity.
2) Overconsumption of food.
3) Poor nutritional balance.

(4) Genetic factor, affecting only certain people.

Remove one of the three main factors and remove obesity from you.

No, obesity appears when someone "metabolizes badly" for their own reasons.

In addition, genetic predispositions should not be confused with degeneration linked to the weakening of the species by the repetition of bad practices spanning several generations in the same family.

In reality those who metabolize badly are those who stay thin while eating like pigs ... Weight gain is linked to a physiological adaptation which made it possible to resist famines, it is moreover a general predisposition in the animal kingdom. ..
But there are of course cases of obesity linked to an exaggeration of this function of "survival" by reducing energy consumption (these people are naturally "soft" and apathetic) and by storing the slightest contribution, even a priori not excessive ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/07/10, 10:44

Yes, if you want, but that's not what I meant.

Everyone reacts differently and will not necessarily produce the same effects as another person suffering from the same skin. We are very unequal in the face of illness!

On the other hand there are constants: since it is certain that bad practices end up penalizing an entire group.

And therefore to put the maximum of chances on its side, it would be better to fix "effective priorities". For that you need common sense and to document yourself. Become proactive without dogmatism, trust his taste faculties ... Respect nature ... And also forge "a positive spirit" ...

There would definitely be a lot to say ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 02/07/10, 12:11

The 3 rules that I gave are generalist certainly, but would apply for approximately 90% of the population.

The big current problem is the lack of physical activity, as I mentioned above, we can eat "fast food" (I repeat, I do not endorse this kind of drift ...) and be thin and very in good shape (I have a former SP colleague from Paris who demonstrated it to me), of course getting older is another story!

At the base, the human being is a machine to spend himself ... originally our hunter-gatherer ancestors traveled tens of km a day to find their food, and sometimes they spent more energy looking for it than the meager pittance they found (because many were more "opportunistic recuperators" than real hunters!).
The Raramuri Indians are thus able to cross distances of more than 100km, alternating running and walking, and all that in ... mountains!

Today (in industrialized countries) there is plenty of food, but rarely the physical efforts that go with it (note the gigantic parking lots of several tens of thousands m2 around its "Temple of consumption "that are hypermarkets.

Also noticed that walking (the most basic means of transport) has become a "leisure".
We go to the countryside, to the mountains (by car of course : Evil:) to walk...
What is more, and it is a paradox like there are so many in our society, there has never been so many means to spend: running, cycling, climbing, rollerblading, swimming etc ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/07/10, 16:06

oiseautempete hasn't changed his opinion about the skinny !!
In reality, those who metabolize badly are those who stay thin while eating like pigs.

Whilethere is an essential psychiatric problem of instinctive adaptation of what we eat to our activity and our real needs !!

Thus I know thin little moving ones that don't eat like pigs, (my 95-year-old mother-in-law, who made others eat without eating much herself, always, clear example, that calorie restriction makes it possible to live older, compared to her brother, who died forty years younger !!)

In fact it is enough to have a small stomach naturally (hiatal hernia), to have little appetite and not to eat too much !!
it's so true, that it works for many hyper-obese to reduce their stomach !!

Also the skinny are not necessarily in the category of: "those who metabolize badly are those who remain thin by eating like pigs", but rather those who have a psychological control of their appetite not deranged for multiple reasons: education of parents , snacking, food imbalance, etc .. !!.

My wife is like her mother, easily satiated, therefore light, and even making her exercise with me, (200m of elevation to climb to the bottom, for me by running or by bike, every day), she has gained weight by developing muscles without eating unbalanced (running is very good for osteoporosis, better than calcium and other drugs, by the vibrations on the bones, my wife in falling does not break anything, like me) !!!

Her sister, victim with her husband of junk food (US stay, with Coca Cola and other easy cooking) had gained weight (liquids do not fill the stomach and therefore never satiated!) Formerly, until the day realizing the trap and its danger from junk food, it changed its diet, returning to that recommended everywhere vegetable, fruit, protein balanced, etc. .. to become even too lean by cons !!
Her husband, too greedy, did not follow and therefore did not lose enough weight and can not follow her in the ribs !!

So get out of the wrong idea like: "those who metabolize poorly are those who stay thin by eating like pigs .." which are only an excuse not to change habits and not to exercise tiring, believing that the skinny ones are abnormal patients !!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 02/07/10, 16:23

Each individual has their own metabolism.
Just as there are three main types of human morphology, namely ectomorphic: thin, mesomorphic: medium, endomorphic: "strong"(with of course intermediate groups), there is a more or less rapid metabolism depending on the individual, the latter are hereditary.
Still, an individual, even predisposed to easily gain "fat", can change their metabolism through sports and a healthy and varied diet.
There are very many methods to "sculpt" your body, with some physical effort, and especially psychic!

It would be interesting to create a subject "econology and sport" where everyone could suggest their training methods!
Like the method dedelco for example!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/07/10, 17:10

It would be interesting to create a subject "econology and sport" where everyone could suggest their training methods!
Like the dedelco method for example!

For this method, it is enough to gather in a subject, on econology all the remarks by dedelco on food and exercise, organic, fruit, vegetables, varied, cycling, jogging with 200m per day of elevation gain at 80% max by running or pedaling each day (without killing yourself, however) and swimming by the sea!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 02/07/10, 18:26

When will there be a book: my dedelco training method?

Otherwise, not everyone has the physical condition to do 200m of elevation gain at 80% of their AMV.
It all depends on age, physical condition, possible time to spend, etc.
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 02/07/10, 19:57

dedeleco wrote:oiseautempete hasn't changed his opinion about the skinny !!
Thus I know thin little moving ones that don't eat like pigs, (my 95-year-old mother-in-law, who made others eat without eating much herself, always, clear example, that calorie restriction makes it possible to live older, compared to her brother, who died forty years younger !!)

Also the skinny are not necessarily in the category of: "those who metabolize badly are those who remain thin by eating like pigs", but rather those who have a psychological control of their appetite not deranged for multiple reasons: education of parents , snacking, food imbalance, etc .. !!.

So get out of the wrong idea like: "those who metabolize poorly are those who stay thin by eating like pigs .." which are only an excuse not to change habits and not to exercise tiring, believing that the skinny ones are abnormal patients !!

Obviously you did not understand what I wrote ... I wrote nothing by that ALL the skinny metabolize badly ... this is YOUR interpretation ...
Personally, I tend to grow at the slightest difference and if I remain athletic at 50 at an age where most men have stomachs, it is because I impose myself a strict discipline on food and I walk a lot and do not never take an elevator and I tinker and garden with hand tools, but because of my polyarthritis, I have not been doing sport for 15 years, too destructive for weakened joints ... (to cut short, polyarthritis is due to a deregulation of the genetic immune system: I am NEVER sick (no sick leave in 30 years ...), but my immune system eats cartilage ...)
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/07/10, 07:20

To avoid falling into any dogmatism, in many cases the body finds its bearings on its own when it is given what it needs! Based on the well-known principle of natural management of "stress", the body always seeks to return to a point of balance.

It is just a matter of helping it with an "appropriate hierarchy" of measures.

It means a good balance between well-being et metabolic needs avoiding overly contradictory choices.
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"