More purchasing power = more power to pollute?

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

More purchasing power = more power to pollute?

by Christophe » 27/01/08, 14:59

It's all in the title ... more purchasing power, more consumption, more industrial production, in short, more plunder and depletion of planetary resources and therefore also, of course pollution...

So environmental talk and increased purchasing power are hardly compatible in our current system...a little consistency in the speeches does not hurt GENTLEMEN the politicians ...

In addition, learning to consume better and consume less (rubbish) also means increasing your purchasing power! A short chronicle on this subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/changer-de ... t4724.html

ps: I feel that this subject may quickly leave in a lollipop ...
Last edited by Christophe the 27 / 01 / 08, 16: 55, 1 edited once.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: More purchasing power = more power to pollute ...

by bham » 27/01/08, 15:19

Christophe wrote:In addition, learning to consume better and consume less (rubbish) also means increasing your purchasing power!...

You are describing a vicious circle there because if we increase our purchasing power what can we do with it if it is no longer consumption and pollution?
Consuming better, consuming differently is undoubtedly necessary, the imminent fall of a certain financial system may well help us.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/01/08, 15:29

Yes it can become paradoxical ... but not necessarily it all depends on what savings are invested ...

Some investments are ecologically POSITIVE ... others obviously not ...

It is exactly this problematic which had been touched in a subject (of jean63 I think?) Created some time ago and which wondered what would happen to the financial savings linked to the energy savings of your house (for example) because if it is to end up in a Caribbean cruise or an overpowered 4x4, the global interest is nil or even largely negative ...

In short all this is not simple ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/01/08, 16:37

Yes ... purchasing power is not about to increase, and even if it did, we would consume products that would have been manufactured and sold elsewhere anyway, using polluting processes (coal / oil )

Until we have thoroughly converted our power plants to renewable energies (capable of covering much more than all our current needs), we will not succeed. :|
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 27/01/08, 18:16

Like while strolling this am in the Auvergnate countryside on the plateau of Cézallier I fell in the middle of pastures surrounded by barbed wire on 2 panels of permits to build wind turbines on the heights facing the mountains of Sancy.

There were 4 + 1: height 80 meters; building permit dated May 2007 and still nothing has come out of the ground ..... weird, there must have been a dispute! Good to say that with these 5 wind turbines we will not splurge. They are placed in places quite far from small villages headed in the mountains.

The permit is granted in the name of the owner of the land, so I think it is the farmer who collects the money in this case; maybe the others in the village are jealous (because the guy's meadow is well located?) .......

This is not quite the subject but it joins the production and consumption of electricity, therefore energy, therefore purchasing power to buy household appliances or electric convectors !!.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 27/01/08, 18:18

totally agree, there I can say : Cheesy: , but sometimes it depends or it says, it's true that it farts !!! :!:

and work makes it possible to have purchasing power to make work of other person, it is without end, one creates needs which pollute, people stress to have more money to spend while spending it is it necessary? there it is something else, it becomes phisolophy (survival ??)
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/01/08, 18:22

Yes Jean, except that a wind turbine is pipo to supply industrial electricity ... moreover it is not in France that we lack electricity and the 2 or 3 wind turbines planted here and there will not prevent construction new nuclear power plants ... Finally, do we need to remember that wind turbines are only viable in France thanks to nuclear power and advantageous buyout?

Biomass has a much greater potential than wind power to replace thermal power plants ...

But we still want to centralize everything in France so that an elite keeps control of everything: this is precisely what we do with the MEGA wind turbine you are talking about ....besides the suppression of the departments which hangs in our face is a complete bullshit which confirms this fact... If it had been necessary to remove red tape in France there were other levels to remove to remove I think ...

Personally I would have greatly reduced the administrative weight (not cultural obviously) of the REGIONS to increase that of the departments ... starting from the fact that the closer we are to a problem the more we are able to solve it.
Last edited by Christophe the 27 / 01 / 08, 18: 52, 1 edited once.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 27/01/08, 18:47

HS
jean63 wrote: They are placed in places quite far from small villages headed in the mountains.

Hi Jean63
Palms and no heads ... no
It surprises me from you :D
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/01/08, 18:48

Hiihihihih he avenged me for the attic !!
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 27/01/08, 19:08

A "purchasing yield" should be created alongside "purchasing power".

Because with 10000 € I can consume 10 times more than with 1000 €.
With 1000 € or 10000 €, I can consume 10 times BETTER than ...

One thing is certain, low purchasing power does not give econology as a priority, and favors a race for instant savings at the expense of the medium / long term (and often econology).
0 x