Make leavened bread

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Make leavened bread

by GuyGadebois » 04/11/19, 21:59

izentrop wrote:Holy Merry PPN Image

Hehehe! One more crash. I certainly do not share the same values ​​as Joyeux (you know, I talked about it here), but for all that honesty takes precedence, dear Izy, even and especially when you declare yourself an opponent (must respect your opponent). Otherwise, we cheat, we lie, we screw, we gondola, we wiggle. Flagrant offense, Izy. : Mrgreen:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 05/11/19, 00:38

Well, I agree that the spelled has a good little nutty taste, but at the price where they sell the grain in 25 kg https://www.petitepeautre.com/les-produ ... -de-vente/, I buy milling wheat 14 times cheaper and if I add a few nuts from my tree, I get just as good a taste.

I prefer grain because I have a mill and the milled stone milled flour, since the germ is exploded, does not keep as much as the expiration date allows.

It is not the few percentages of gluten less that will change much in the diet, especially since suddenly it is the carbohydrate level that increases .... Although in fact they announce a rate protein of 12,9 g, which is higher than the usual flour level.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 05/11/19, 12:30

izentrop wrote:Well, I agree that the spelled has a good little nutty taste, but at the price where they sell the grain in 25 kg https://www.petitepeautre.com/les-produ ... -de-vente/, I buy milling wheat 14 times cheaper and if I add a few nuts from my tree, I get just as good a taste.

I prefer grain because I have a mill and the milled stone milled flour, since the germ is exploded, does not keep as much as the expiration date allows.

It is not the few percentages of gluten less that will change much in the diet, especially since suddenly it is the carbohydrate level that increases .... Although in fact they announce a rate protein of 12,9 g, which is higher than the usual flour level.

Already, the price is "including postage" (so that doesn't mean anything) and then I pay the organic small spelled flour - 20 euros for 5 kilos.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 06/11/19, 09:14

YOU have MENS knowingly misinformed several times. It is a despicable process.
he is there for that!
his values, as far as he has, are the systematic opposite of what ecology, in general, defends! : Cry:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
perseus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perseus » 06/11/19, 09:38

Hello,

Couldn't you set up an IRL meeting and get on your feet once and for all? : Lol:
In addition it would save internet bandwidth, which would be environmentally friendly, a good thing.

Otherwise, as an attempt to maintain the subject. my other trials of low seeding, long fermentation gave results quite similar to the previous ones (see above in the thread). Several remarks:
- tests with the same flour but tightening more during shaping have not really changed the strength of the dough when baking which still sags a little too much in my opinion, but the taste is quite satisfactory.
- 4 tests with 2 other old wheat T80 flour. One of which (I have to find the name of the producer) quite aromatic and of a really dark color I really liked, and gave a bread with more hold and a taste a little more "wholemeal" and expressive. The other flour gave a loaf more sagging and coalescence in the alveoli. Maybe over-fermentation but I'm not experienced enough to identify it with certainty.
- These tests confirm what I have read elsewhere, that is to say that the low sowing and the long fermentation leads to a slow but exponential development of the yeast flora from the sourdough. Consequently, it is necessary to be rather attentive on the final stages (primer and setting with cooking) because the border between under-fermentation and over-fermentation can be crossed more quickly than one thinks it.
- The sourdough management is really simplified, and that is really pleasant, and less risk of waste too.
- The breads are really good, keep well and support freezing well even if the crust will lose its crispness obviously.

@+
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 06/11/19, 10:48

Well, mold baking, when there is under-fermentation, I am told: "it's good your bread" and even that the dough has been in the mold for several hours (programming the oven), the bread is rounded, while fermentation eventually , it is all flat.

In long fermentation it's like this I had a refresh, even if the last one has 2 days ... So it's fine, but I'm not yet ready to prepare it 20 hours before ... Let's go : Wink:
0 x
perseus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perseus » 06/11/19, 11:14

For now, I make the breads on weekends. Fresh sourdough, I make a refreshment on Tuesday or Wednesday. Then I take out the leaven on Friday morning, a little refreshment for launch on Friday evening, second launch of bread on Saturday morning, baking on Saturday afternoon for the one launched on Friday, and Sunday for the one launched on Saturday.
Good it is also in the context of test. Afterwards, it will make more sense to bake a single 1kg loaf of flour directly than to run the oven twice.

With around 20 hours of fermentation, you just have to manage a bit of time so that the cooking does not fall at a time when you need the oven or things to do.

@+

izentrop wrote:Well, mold baking, when there is under-fermentation, I am told: "it's good your bread" and even that the dough has been in the mold for several hours (programming the oven), the bread is rounded, while fermentation eventually , it is all flat.

In long fermentation it's like this I had a refresh, even if the last one has 2 days ... So it's fine, but I'm not yet ready to prepare it 20 hours before ... Let's go : Wink:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/11/19, 11:18

Extract from a conference by Marc André Selosse on microbes where he talks about natural leaven and its beneficial effect to counter phytates
to 45: 13
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/01/20, 13:29

Homemade sourdough "casserole" bread:
BreadCocotte.jpeg
PainCocotte.jpeg (103.03 KB) Viewed 3922 times
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 17/01/20, 20:22

We did almost the same thing by adding small spelled flour (to flour t110), it is absolutely delicious and there is a gingerbread scent in addition. Personally, I love it for breakfast, well grilled with butter and chili salt.
0 x