Make leavened bread

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Make leavened bread

by to be chafoin » 18/10/19, 23:27

Perseus wrote:My first test on slow fermentation + low seeding was tricky. Indeed I inherited a hydration of the dough significantly too important after 14h 20 ° C.
I retried this weekend by reducing the initial water intake.
How much leaven?
0 x
perseus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perseus » 19/10/19, 14:43

Hello,

to be chafoin wrote:
Perseus wrote:My first test on slow fermentation + low seeding was tricky. Indeed I inherited a hydration of the dough significantly too important after 14h 20 ° C.
I retried this weekend by reducing the initial water intake.
How much leaven?

1%
A new test in progress.
I'll keep you informed, I'm in the primer phase.

@+
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 19/10/19, 20:39

1% = 1g for 1 kg flour of a freshly chilled leaven. Like mine at 2 at 3 fridge days I prefer to put a little more.

I was given some spelled. I did not know that the grains were dressed ( see page 11). It takes, normally a special mill that separates the ball before grinding.
I tried several methods and to finish the simplest was to grind to the finest. The ball comes out in small slices that can be separated with a sieve of 1 mm squared.
You have to help the grain that does not come down easily. I recovered in a bowl the 4 / 5ème of the volume in ball and 500 gr of flour.
From the blows I crushed a dough with 10 g sourdough, 500 gr of water, 60 g of fresh walnuts from the garden.
Cooking tomorrow morning.

Small video for illustrate.
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 20/10/19, 00:34

Wow! It's great your little mill, it comes from where! And that way you have fresh flour!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 20/10/19, 09:38

to be chafoin wrote:Wow! It's great your little mill, it comes from where! And that way you have fresh flour!

A stone grist mill that I had been offered about ten years ago. Expensive but indestructible, I never had to dismount.

The bread that came out this morning after 17's fermentation was perfect. There is still some residue of the ball, but good for the transit :P
Gout no better than wheat bread in my opinion.
0 x
perseus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perseus » 20/10/19, 16:40

Hello,

Indeed, nice the mill. Image

Results of the day, without filters:

1 bread:
Yeast 5g (refreshed 24 h before)
500g T80 old wheat
7.5g salt
Water 340g
1min crushing
30 min autolysis
Kneading 2 minutes by hand
Paste temperature 25 ° C
1 round after 15h
Primer after 18h.
Cooking after 2h

2 bread:
5g sourdough refreshed 6h before
500g T80 old wheat
7.5g salt
Water 330g
1 min shaving
30min autolysis
1min kneader machine
1min hand kneading
Pastry temperature 21 ° C
1 round after 1H
Priming after 18h
Cooking after 3h

Good in both cases, we see that the dough was a little sagged when I took out the banneton. It looks a bit like a rye pie.
But to taste the result is satisfactory, I find more complexity and a better taste of yeast compared to a more traditional bread.
The ideal would be to be able to measure the pH, especially as I know to be rather insensitive to the acidity.
The next shot I would do with 63% water.

@+
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 20/10/19, 16:44

Magnificent!
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 21/10/19, 01:36

Congratulations!
2 breads are almost identical and are well honeycombed, we can see that the coolness of the refreshed is of little importance.

Autolysis is without ferment, I suppose the leaven was added after?

I do not bake bread, some cook on stone preheated oven maximum, allowing better development before the dough spreads. The baker has hearth furnaces.
In casserole it would not be bad either. She makes a mixture of white flour and integral, roughly equivalent to T80.
0 x
perseus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perseus » 24/10/19, 11:42

Hello,

Yes I add the leaven after the autolysis.
I had already seen cooking casseroles, in a way it allows to replace the sole but also to promote cooking with the steam released by the bread in the closed casserole (first part of cooking), and this is close to the principle of falling heat cooking.
I believe that sooner or later I would hack a steel sole.
Next tests this weekend. The period is propitious because my back kitchen is naturally 19-20 degree, in winter or full summer it will be more complicated to manage temperatures. I will try to tighten the dough more during the shaping.

@+
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 24/10/19, 12:24

Perseus wrote:I had already seen cooking casseroles, in a way it allows to replace the sole but also to promote cooking with the steam released by the bread in the closed casserole (first part of cooking), and this is close to the principle of falling heat cooking.
I believe that sooner or later I would hack a steel sole.
Bravo, the crumb of these loaves has a good head! Not easy to get this honeycomb ...
For cooking, how did you go about the temperature on the fries plate?
0 x