Fridge door magnet that no longer "sticks"

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 27/01/16, 09:03

one of the reasons why the magnets in the fridge seals do not stick anymore is when it is a fridge that is not used constantly (holiday home for example) and whose door is left open.
in this case, the magnets no longer being in contact with the metallic part, gradually lose their magnetization.
I found the solution by sticking strips of metal strip on the joints when I leave the door open.
The same problem occurs when part of the joint begins to no longer touch the frame of the fridge (because of a veiled door for example), the phenomenon is amplified because if the joint does not touch anymore, it loses its magnetization and affects the building less and less and the area in question is growing.
there too, a "pallet strapping" type metal strip gives them a little "vigor"
0 x
Click my signature
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/01/16, 10:23

Hello,
Did Fabio-gel not talk about a second home?

My fridge / freezer must be about the same age.
If the door is left to close on its own, sometimes it does not close completely in the corner on the handle side.
As the fridge handle is at the bottom, I have the impression that the door is deformed.

If the joint is not torn, there is the solution to add a magnetic latch in this corner.
0 x
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Principal residence

by fabio.gel » 27/01/16, 11:58

I never go on vacation.
The fridge stays on all the time.
I plan to invest in the universal joint mentioned above

http://www.jeremplace.com/froid/joint-de-porte/kit-joint-a-talon-pour-refrigerateur-et-congelateur-700x1300-avec-aimant-474001,p-238_0.html

30 € delivered
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"