seeking bulbs

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

seeking bulbs

by jean63 » 14/02/07, 18:43

Christophe ==>

I'm looking for bulbs that could replace the 150w halogen "elongated" shape with a contact at each end.

..and those that look like bulbs low voltage halogen spots 12 volts, but bigger and running on 220 v in 150w.

I have 4 1er type: 1 tempo outdoor presence detection (works little), 1 wall-mounted living room (not used because I have spots Hal BT 12 volts in the center), 1 in kitchen but other lighting by fluorescent on sink used 90% of the time, 1 in utility room / boiler room (here it is at my wife's place and the aesthetics of the lamp please him ... good for one we are not going to make a fuss ...).

2 of the 2nd type: 1 in the ground floor corridor - passage- (I make sure it does not stay on for nothing,) 1 in the staircase to the first floor / children's rooms + mezzanine / (I make sure it is personal) ...)
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

Re: looking for bulbs

by Christophe » 14/02/07, 19:53

jean63 wrote:I'm looking for bulbs that could replace the 150w halogen "elongated" shape with a contact at each end.

In eco that does not exist ... and I think that it would not exist in the next time ... It is necessary to change the luminaire if you want to pass in fluocompacte or hack an existing ... (otherwise one has a projector E27 compatible so any fluo on the shop with wall mount ...)

https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoules-led-c-90

jean63 wrote:..and those that look like bulbs low voltage halogen spots 12 volts, but bigger and running on 220 v in 150w.

Uh? GU10? Does that look like the pellet you're talking about?

If yes they are GU10 and to my knowledge the most powerful are 75W (in hallogene).
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 04 / 15, 14: 09, 2 edited once.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 14/02/07, 21:10

In eco that does not exist ... and I think that it would not exist in the next time ... It is necessary to change the luminaire if you want to pass in fluocompacte or hack an existing ... (otherwise one has a projector E27 compatible so any fluo on the shop with wall mount ...)

Easy to say: the lights were chosen with my wife 15 years ago on their aesthetics and were expensive. Difficult to change when we think about the price and we are very faithful to our choices, so we will still do with (on the one of the stay I can put a variator, what I had to do at first .. !! do we really save when we lower the intensity?).

GU10 is not going well, the pins (2) on the base are very thin like a big sewing needle. What would have interested me is leds everywhere ... but there's a way to go. For the moment I'm watching the grain and I turn off when it is lit for nothing. if I could, I would do it on the street, but it will come ..... zac method or similar. : Lol:

For the exterior projector, I saw .. I just installed it 3-4 years ago so I don't really want to replace it !! Dilemne: it is necessary to calculate the cost (ratio cost / economy of conso: for the moment it is still uncritère of choice).
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/02/07, 23:56

jean63 wrote:GU10 is not going well, the pins (2) on the base are very thin like a big sewing needle.

Uh I don't see at all what it could be like format ... you could search a little on the net and show us what it looks like? It intrigues me ...

Ok for the rest ...
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 15/02/07, 01:35

Hello
on the one of the stay I can put a variator, what I had to do at first .. !! do we really save when we lower the intensity
? ).

I think that we do not save much with a dimmer and a powerful lamp, I would be led to believe that it is better a smaller wattage lamps without dimmer,
if we consider the light output and the heat loss, the drive is not a good solution, everything goes in heat ..
Unless the house is heated all electric, lights do not change anything to consomation, heat with lights or a heater ..
As proof, an incandescent lamp powering at a higher voltage increases its luminosity efficiency, but its life decreases.

For your halogen lamp it looks like a pencil with contact at each end? there is a lot of model but here it is in 115 volts in 220volts it is 250w and 500watts.
How long are these tubes? (100mm) (do not touch them with your fingers)

Andre
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/02/07, 08:32

I regularly equip automatic outdoor spots with long bulbs as you describe from 100 watts only. You have to do with electrical wholesalers, not with supermarkets.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 15/02/07, 08:41

elephant =>

I regularly equip automatic outdoor spots with long bulbs as you describe from 100 watts only. You have to do with electrical wholesalers, not with supermarkets.

I'm going to go see there. Thank you.

Hi André,

Unless the house is heated all electric, the lights do not change anything to the consumption, heat with the lights or a calorifere
No no electric heating ....

For your halogen lamp it looks like a pencil with contact at each end? there is a lot of model but here it is in 115 volts in 220volts it is 250w and 500watts.

yes that's it: shape of a pencil with contact at each extr ..; with us there are 150 W (length 8 cm), 300 W: 12 cm long, but not below 150 w .... I have not found.

(do not touch them with your fingers)

exactly.

Well, I think I'll leave it as it is, it would change all the luminaies and wall fixing of the living room.

There are 3 that are like car halogen with 2 pins as a base. I will disassemble (with a cloth !!) to see their power.

In any case, it is not the job that consumes the most; we should rather see the side of household appliances (machines to bathe laundry, dishes, fridge, oven, vacuum cleaner (central 1500 W) hobs -I wanted natural gas burners, but my wife prefers electric plates-) . When my electr. will give up the ghost I would put induction hobs .... but I don't like replacing the devices when it's still in working order !! : Mrgreen:
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 15/02/07, 13:09

jean63 wrote:
yes that's it: shape of a pencil with contact at each extr ..; with us there are 150 W (length 8 cm), 300 W: 12 cm long, but not below 150 w .... I have not found.

Hi Jean, take a look here
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 15/02/07, 14:19

delnoram wrote:
jean63 wrote:

Hi Jean, take a look here

Thank you: there is indeed a lower intensity ==> 60 W. At the next replacement, I will reduce the light. : Idea:
0 x