The industrial obsolescence, history of deception

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The industrial obsolescence, history of deception

by Ahmed » 25/11/17, 11:33

At a much more down to earth level, I just replaced the guide (Jonsered) of my chainsaw and I see that the end of the guide is now devoid of the lubrication holes of the front caster *, which can only be limit the service life since the roller bearing will not be sufficiently lubricated by chain oil (due to centrifugation ** at the end of the guide).
Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to remedy this, because the hole to be made must imperatively open at the level of the rollers, which it is only conceivable to do before mounting the caster.

* There are two systems for designing guide noses:
- the stellated nose, which is an added edge made of a very hard alloy, constitutes a very robust assembly (perfect for mortise cutting), but which is rather reserved for slaughtering machines, because it is a rather expensive solution and the Operating friction greater than the "pinion" type assembly excludes it from small displacement.
- the star pinion, which is mentioned above, more and more widespread, even on professional machines for reasons of cost and despite its greater intrinsic fragility (moving parts of very limited thickness).
** It is because of this centrifugation that the lubrication was ensured by grease, less fluid than oil).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/11/17, 15:56

Ahmed wrote: I just replaced the guide (Jonsered) of my chainsaw and I see that the end of the guide is now devoid of the lubrication holes of the front caster *, which can only limit the service life since the bearing at rollers will not be sufficiently lubricated by chain oil (due to centrifugation ** at the end of the guide).
The chain also drives the oil into the bottom of the guide groove. Of course oil is ejected by centrifugal force, but that does not prevent the one that follows the back of the throat from lubricating this toothed wheel :!: :?:

I never noticed the hole you're talking about : Wink:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/11/17, 19:00

If the manufacturers took the trouble to integrate these lubrication holes in the manufacture of the guides, it is because the chain oil which is entrained in the bottom of the guide groove does not allow correct lubrication, not teeth of the caster, but indeed of the axial bearing. Once the drilling of these two holes included in the machining process, their cost is almost zero and I therefore conclude that this change is to accelerate the renewal of this wearing part.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/12/17, 13:50

Apple has just been caught in the act of planned obsolescence ... finally on confession: https://lexpansion.lexpress.fr/high-tec ... 72107.html

So who thought above that this was all a myth?

A French association has filed a complaint against Apple for the "planned obsolescence" of its iPhones, after the American giant recently admitted to deliberately slowing down its old smartphone models, according to a statement released Wednesday.

The case of iPhones voluntarily restrained by Apple is gaining thickness in France. An association has filed a complaint against the American giant.

This complaint was filed Wednesday with the public prosecutor in Paris, by the association Halte à obsolescence programmed (Hop). It targets Apple and the "planned obsolescence" of its iPhones, after the American giant recently admitted to deliberately slowing down its old models of smartphones.

In his complaint transmitted to the press, Hop, who also evokes the chief of "deceptions", estimates that Apple, through the updates of iPhones, voluntarily reduces the performances and the lifespan, in order to accelerate. replacing. "Apple has implemented a global strategy of planned obsolescence to increase sales," said the association in a statement.

It therefore considers that Apple is likely to be prosecuted for all iPhones sold in France since the promulgation of the law of August 17, 2015, which introduced the offense of obsolescence programmed into French law.

A group action in the United States

(...)

Finally getting blown up by Apple, it's not really new ... there are only those lobotomized by Appel who can't see it ... : Cheesy:
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 28/12/17, 15:48

Christophe wrote:only those lobotomized by Appel who can't see it ... : Cheesy:

I have nothing against Apple in particular but I hate not having the CHOICE which goes hand in hand with a certain form of freedom

And on this side it is true that Apple is strong

Already Apple or Tartempion being trapped in a battery that cannot be changed is, for me, unacceptable.

After technically Apple justifies that it is technically obliged (admitting that this is technically true what remains to be proven) to slow down its iphones to increase their lifespan (which would be in this case the OPPOSITE of planned obsolescence) part of a good feeling.

What is unacceptable is to hide it from consumers.

In addition one can also think that it is obsolescence programmed by "omission" ....: my iphone reams SO I change it for a new one ....

In all cases for the moment nothing found better than my old mega 6.3 (Samsung): large screen, large autonomy, battery replaceable in 30 seconds (which allows to have 2 backup in my case), price correct occase and nickel operation.

What more?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/12/17, 16:12

We agree but I think that in the age of the web, we can get a minimum of information before going to the act of purchase ... But many AppelMen (AppleWomen) do not think: it is the "fashion" (or the show off) that they or they want ... ok it's their choice :)

Otherwise Epson is also in the crosshairs: http://www.lemonde.fr/entreprises/artic ... 56994.html

But I think that all this makes them smile more than cry ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 28/12/17, 23:44

Christophe wrote:We agree but I think that in the age of the web, we can get a minimum of information before going to the act of purchase ... But many AppelMen (AppleWomen) do not think: it is the "fashion" (or the show off) that they or they want ... ok it's their choice :)

Otherwise Epson is also in the crosshairs: http://www.lemonde.fr/entreprises/artic ... 56994.html

But I think that all this makes them smile more than cry ...

Yep, I'm hardly optimistic about the level of technical knowledge of most ..... and even worse of the slightest interest in these considerations ....
Most people don't care

Some buy for the "show off" which is no longer what it was given the prices charged.
Fewer and fewer people can afford a 1000 € tel

I think many still buy for simplicity (real or fantasy of IOS

Which doesn't mean that Android is complicated but just that iOS is not or that people believe it is not ....

That said, Apple is like the Titanic, even if the water starts to rush in, we don't yet realize that it is flowing.
The war chest is still too important.
To be continued in 5 years ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/12/17, 00:09

nico239 wrote:Most people don't care

It's not wrong (although I know friends, very good technicians, who swear by Apple ...) but then when we do not care, do not complain too much about being fucked : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

nico239 wrote:To be continued in 5 years ...

The possible end of Apple (or at least its predominance) would not mean the end of the techno-marketing hoopla ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 29/12/17, 10:00

but more generally, all these smartphones at X00 € are scams. In my opinion it comes out at € 50 in cost price of Chinese factories. : roll:

and as in computing, the operating systems and / or the available power become obsolete after a few years, either by software incompatibility, or because the new applications consume excessively material resources (RAM + processor calculation).
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 29/12/17, 12:39

Talking about scam is a big word to describe the laws of the world market of supply / demand balance.
If some are able to put a fortune in the latest phone, the smallest also benefit from technological development, it is a matter of time.

Today we find smartphones under 100 E, completely honest in performance and without a subscription contract with an operator. Strangely if you want smaller than 5 inches, or a camera worthy of the name, you have to break the piggy bank. http://www.frandroid.com/guide-dachat/s ... -100-euros.
I have waited this year to pay for one and I am not disappointed. For the price of a GPS navigator, I installed an offline GPS app and I am amazed at its speed. I kept my subscription to 1 E, only go on the internet with a wifi connection.
0 x