The industrial obsolescence, history of deception

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
kistinie
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kistinie » 01/08/10, 23:18

The documentation and the know-how to repair is good, except that when the bearing cages are made of plastic and have melted or the parts are unavailable, the question of repair is definitively settled.

Boycotting mediocre products...more and more means boycotting the entire consumer offer, or even the top of the range, will be of little use. Moreover, since the beginning of this financial crisis, which has become systemic, this tendency towards controlled fragility seems to have accelerated.

The army itself seems to be a victim of this general decline in quality...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgim0DNw1EE

However, a law was being drafted in France in the 2004 waste prevention plan to, among other things, make it compulsory to display the potential lifespan of the product.

The project seems buried since.

Faced with the scale of the problem and the bad faith of the industry, I do not see how it will be possible to avoid legislative constraint on this issue of planned obsolescence.
0 x
----------------------------------------------

Think global act local ...
et
Do good, that is not emmerdée!

-----------------------------------------------
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/08/10, 01:08

Solution: keep stubbornly like me the old devices of 20 or 30 years!! and don't buy anything new
My old stove with a powerful resistor that burned out every 2 years works very well without this resistor and the cooking lasts just 5 minutes longer!!
0 x
kistinie
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kistinie » 02/08/10, 09:03

In fact, I also keep

Truck Merco 1972
Column drill Syderic 1960
Screwdriver, grinder: Feim 1970
Strawberry saw 1976

On the tool side, it is possible to get by with much heavier pro tools used but which are starting to become rare.

For everything else, it's the lottery, for 10 shits, a decent product?

The plastics seem more and more vulnerable to shocks and bending, which contrasts with the blue cans with black polyethylene lid, recovered in the 70s, and in the sun for 40 years, barely bleached, still just as solid, which prove to who would doubt that reliability is technically possible

This year, beach flip flops also seem to be under the curse.
After 10 days, first regluing with Sika for me and my neighbor while the origin and the brand are different ;-)
0 x
----------------------------------------------

Think global act local ...

et

Do good, that is not emmerdée!

-----------------------------------------------
yoananda
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yoananda » 02/08/10, 10:07

I don't want to be a killjoy, but today's society is BUILT to NOT EDUCATE!!!

You propose as a solution to educate. Yes that would definitely be good! But that's not the point of the story. The meaning of history is to drown us in a pile of cheap, useless, distracting information.
So don't dream, it won't come from above. Upstairs they are there to give gifts to friends, to make them do their business.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/08/10, 12:11

improving things isn't the point of the story?

it is quite possible that the meaning of history in our countries is decadence!

do you have to be sheep?

we no longer manufacture anything: the Chinese nons sell what they want to sell to us to earn money: there is nothing to blame them for: it is up to us to take things in hand... but that does not mean making new technical progress: we know ... or alas we have known ... whatever it takes

there are huge changes in society to be made! will we be able to do it, or will it be necessary for decadence to make our society disappear to make way for another

in any case I do not believe in the law and regulations to prohibit doing what did not please certain ecologists: in general prohibiting a thing obliges to do worse

kind of ban on filament lamps that pushes mercury vapor fluorescent lamps

ban on cfc aerosols so aerosol with butane propane well deodorized so that we are not even aware of the danger!

that's why I did not appreciate the criticism of universal motors which are well suited to certain uses

the real good way to obtain energy savings is to increase the price of all energy: which will really push everyone to choose the economic solution
0 x
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 02/08/10, 14:30

chatelot16 wrote:we do not manufacture anything: the Chinese nons sell what he wants to sell us to earn money: there is nothing to reproach them ...

On the contrary, there are many things to blame the Chinese and others. Mainly to employ people in conditions worthy of the Middle Ages resulting in the stew on our shelves and the loss of jobs and know-how in Europe.
0 x
To argue.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/08/10, 15:18

it's their business... if they want to work like crazy for miserable wages, we can't do anything about it: we who are unable to govern our country effectively have no lesson to give

between manufacturing in china in bad social condition and having good social condition in france for the few who still have a real job... where is the most absurd

criticizing the Chinese is useless: what is needed is to rebuild an efficient society in France before having forgotten all the technical know-how
0 x
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 02/08/10, 15:49

chatelot16 wrote:it's their business... if they want to work like crazy for miserable wages, we can't do anything about it: we who are unable to govern our country effectively have no lesson to give

Products that last are a priori more expensive products than those of Chinese origin. The deplorable societal conditions in some countries drag the quality down because no European industry can fight.
Europe should think about introducing taxes on products of Chinese origin (and others) to reverse the trend and allow a new boom in industry and the planet would also gain a lot in terms of transport savings.
The current system cannot last indefinitely: on the one hand people who lose their skills, their jobs, their know-how and quality products and on the other hand people who hardly progress from a point of social view.
Yes we can do something about this situation. We have to stop saying that we can't do anything about it. The causes of this situation are essentially differences in production costs.
0 x
To argue.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/08/10, 16:06

the Chinese know very well how to make quality

the generator that gives me electricity at the moment comes from them: since they make very good imitations of Honda engines, it's much more reliable than anything I've tried before

which manufacturer of small engine in France? there was bernerd engine. I used a few in a generator, but it was with those that I spent the most time repairing

I have no illusions the Chinese make good quality when they want ... as long as they make good generators I buy a few, but it will do like the rest the prices will drop even more and that will be m.... for European handyman and he will keep the best for them

there too it is urgent to start manufacturing again at home

when the industry restarts with us, we will have to copy Chinese products to do good
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/08/10, 16:14

Aumicron wrote:
chatelot16 wrote:The current system cannot last indefinitely: on the one hand people who lose their skills, their jobs, their know-how and quality products and on the other hand people who hardly progress from a point of social view.

if precisely they are progressing: it is not only seen on television: I know someone who went to work for a year in China: the standard of living is certainly lower than in France but as it is progressing it gives optimism to everyone

it's a disaster for us...

I'm not saying that we can't do anything, I rather feel like I'm the only one trying, everyone tells me that it's useless to want to remake the world: only those who are happy with the current world remains in their m....

if I can't redo the world I can at least redo small pieces of it that will soon be used
0 x