I burnt my 1ere CFL!

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

I burnt my 1ere CFL!

by Christophe » 11/04/07, 12:17

We have just lost our first compact fluorescent: it went hot during one last evening.

This is the very first compact fluorescent that we "burn" so it really bothered me ... But after disassembly as if by chance it was a model bought € 1 each from a Hardiscounter (for tests performed on compact fluorescents ) ... It was the Ectron of the test series and it had hardly worked (except during the tests).

Like what there is no miracle: the 1st price fluorescent bulbs is sea **. In this case the environmental and econological impact is largely negative... (gray energy, recycling, transport ...) : Evil:
0 x
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: I burnt my first compact fluorescent!

by goodeco » 11/04/07, 13:15

Christophe wrote:).

Like what there is no miracle: the 1st price fluorescent bulbs is sea **. In this case the environmental and econological impact is largely negative... (gray energy, recycling, transport ...) : Evil:

by experience all the bulbs that I bought in 1st price or brand of large area do not last long as for auto parts ect
0 x
In eternal learning
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/04/07, 13:23

What do you mean by not long?

Large surface brand we do not have (except 2 from Ikea ... not top in terms of light output so we do not use them ...) but we have Massive at 6 € each (therefore probably the quality of large area).

These are the ones we use the most (living room, kitchen, pc ...) and they seem to hold up well (despite the many ON / OFF) and have good light output.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 11/04/07, 16:51

"Large surface" I have one which has been used for nearly 12000 hours while it was given for 6000 (replaced recently because it has lost brightness), it has buried a lot of its congeners whatever their provenances.

Without doubt the exception which confirms the rule ...? : Cheesy:
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/04/07, 17:07

Yes delnoram, my parents bought a Leroy Merl ** of 15W which lights up very strongly upon ignition, almost no heating time so good first impression.

By cons I do not know if this is beneficial for the life (the short heating time) ... answer in a few years :D
0 x
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 11/04/07, 21:27

Christophe wrote: What do you mean by not long?

I have 3 lamps of 60w to light up my living room, controlled by a dimmer.
I put 2 bulbs of one brand and 1 of another
Bulbs of large surface do not last 3 months I speak of that sold under the name of large surface.
I put a Philips bulb and it has been more than 2 years since it
Works.
I light up 3 hours on average per day with different variation that makes 270h for that of large area.
So for me there is no picture I prefer to put 1 to 2 euros more, it is a little more for my wallet and one less in the trash every 3 months.
0 x
In eternal learning
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/04/07, 22:08

Uh goodeco I have a doubt there ... we are talking about compact fluorescent bulb there right?
0 x
kmala
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by kmala » 12/04/07, 16:05

A priori the compact fluorescent does not like too much the vagaries of tension, with me it burns quite quickly probably because of the power station which fluctuates sometimes in tension
0 x
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 13/04/07, 09:18

Christophe wrote:Uh goodeco I have a doubt there ... we are talking about compact fluorescent bulb there right?

Oops… I just wanted to rebound on the fact that the 1st prizes are not necessarily profitable,
and I didn't specify it.

To return to the subject I bought a few years ago 1 compact fluorescent to see if it was valid, but it did not hold.
So I'm very interested in your tests. : Arrow: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
In my case, if I look at the characteristics that are given in the shop on this type:
economic and LED bulbs

This is what I am going to buy, the price stops me a little. But investing in your candles or candles : Cheesy:

Kmala wrote:A Priori the compact fluorescent does not like too much the vagaries of tension, with me it burns quite quickly surely because of the power station which fluctuates sometimes in tension.

I advise you to call EDF to complain, in my housing there was a problem of over voltage, as several neighbors did the same step at the same time, they brought in a technician who installed a device to measure the peaks of tension and I guess they did the right thing because since then it's been arranged.
0 x
In eternal learning
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/04/07, 09:20

kmala wrote:A priori the compact fluorescent does not like too much the vagaries of tension, with me it burns quite quickly probably because of the power station which fluctuates sometimes in tension

Have you tried Megaman Ingeneium bulbs? They are precisely designed to (better) resist fluctuations (hence their slightly higher price) ... Because a fluorescent bulb that burns quickly is uneconomic ...
0 x