The industrial obsolescence, history of deception

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The industrial obsolescence, history of deception

by izentrop » 07/03/22, 20:29

Did67 wrote:So they end up with a printer for “only €59,90”. They don't think that the "demo" cartridge that comes with it will be dry after 300 pages. And that throughout their life, we will be able to milk them by selling the cartridges (locked) overpriced!!! They dropped their pants!
I use it very little.
The last one I bought on sale about 3 years ago, a canon wifi equipped with standard cartridges at the price of cartridges (I had checked in the cartridge department). Today cartridges are often sold separately.
For a long time, I have been refilling the cartridges with a syringe. I remembered to indicate their weight when they were new and since then I have reloaded them several times. The lights indicate that the cartridges are empty, but no obsolescence noted, they continue to work and at the first sign of printing defect, I know that they must be recharged.
The 3-color cartridge is less obvious but I print almost everything in black
Exnihiloest wrote:Not to mention the chips we pay for without needing them.
I prefer cartridges with chips because they also have the print head incorporated... An HS print head does not require the replacement of the printer, only the defective cartridge. : Wink:
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The industrial obsolescence, history of deception

by Exnihiloest » 10/03/22, 21:19

izentrop wrote:...I prefer the cartridges with chips because they also have the print head incorporated... An HS print head does not require the replacement of the printer, only the defective cartridge. : Wink:

Of course, it was also my case when I had an HP.
These 2 points are to be dissociated. The built-in print head does not in fact imply that the cartridge is blocked when the manufacturer has decided that its time is up even if there is some ink left, which is what specialized chips do.
0 x