The industrial obsolescence, history of deception

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The industrial obsolescence, history of deception

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 28/01/19, 19:43

Christophe wrote:Regarding the battery: it's the same, the elements are now "included" on the motherboard, so it's still changeable but much more difficult!

Ah, but I totally agree ...

But how many of us made the criterion of CHOICE of his mobile phone for example the fact that we can change the battery in a few seconds ???

Obviously the same for the portable computer runs from source.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/19, 20:20

You're right but the problem is we have more choice on this criterion!

The vast majority of new mobile phones (I would say since 2016 also around?) ... are also "Apple Design" battery level ... not easily changeable, most are glued and that was previously reserved for medium and high phones range but it is no longer!

When I took a sony Z2 2015 I knew (it was a mid-range and I still use 3 years 1 / 2 later) ... but today it is even more precise in the data sheets!

Indeed, this "restricted" design even concerns entry and mid-range models (like the Samsung A3: a friend paid the price recently ...) ...

I guess they do this so that the phone does not open in case of a fall ... (for those who came in public it was really loose! : Cheesy: ) ... but better a hull that goes crazy and a battery that ripe a screen HS ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 28/01/19, 21:09

Exact but on occasion you still have good things to autonomy crazy (because of exchangeable batteries).

Finally, I'm rambling Image
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/09/21, 10:43

1 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 02/09/21, 18:32

As much for Windows 11, we cannot speak of planned obsolescence, as much for inaccessible batteries, it is indeed the case. I had the problem on an electric razor. I still managed to change it but the one who is not a handyman or equipped for electronics will not be able to do it, that's the goal.
This is where we see the inability of politicians to exercise their power, except against citizens. Standardizing battery formats, enforcing their respect for the right to sell, and making their removal compulsory, would be more useful than the health pass.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 04/03/22, 11:27

Cartridge ink empty, only 70% …
And new cartridge sold 300 times its cost.

0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 04/03/22, 14:45

It's not new the cost of ink cartridges, drums, etc...

Although where I work we take copiers with cost per page, we still have a few machines where we are responsible for consumables.

Some around 10 years old, for the drum, it tells you to change it, but no chip. You reset the counter to 0, and here we go again.

Others have a small kind of sim card, and there, without changing it, you can't...

But, on aliexpress, you find these chips ... between 5 and 10€ each.

On the other hand, even if the drum at 100 copies is "dead" when you change the chip, you make about 000 more, but after the quality is no longer there ....

On thunder it will depend on your impression. On a cartridge of 20-25 pages, with the use we have of it, we generally do not do much more...

You rent a copier for 3 or 5 years, and sometimes it's more worth it after a few years to leave it in a corner, because by taking a new machine, you have a much lower cost per copy, and it pays for itself faster. It's a bit crazy, but that's the way it is...

More than 10 years ago, a cost of 80€ for 1000 color pages was fine.
Now, you negotiate that for less than 30€, depending on the machine...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Did67

by Did67 » 04/03/22, 15:52

Writing a lot, therefore printing often (I don't see the "mistakes" on the screen so easily!), I had the luxury of an Epson EcoTank: less than €10 for a 70 ml bottle of ink for several thousands of pages (at least 5)...

But you have to pay the printer at its fair price: around 200 €.

Unfortunately, manufacturers know the weaknesses of consumers: a good "promo" with an "unbeatable" price and the consumer buys... Only nerds like me make an Excel table, with an "estimate of need", and therefore a cost "all inclusive after 10 years"! I can't stand being fucked.

So they end up with a printer for “only €59,90”. They don't think that the "demo" cartridge that comes with it will be dry after 300 pages. And that throughout their life, we will be able to milk them by selling the cartridges (locked) overpriced!!! They dropped their pants!
2 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 04/03/22, 21:38

We know that the manufacturers of cheap inkjet printers are catching up on the price of the consumable. Why not. But it goes way beyond that. At a glance in 3 or 4 sets of cartridges purchased by the customer, they have at least recovered the price of the printer. And then it could not be more juicy, there is no relationship between the cost of the consumable and the selling price.

Then in their dirty ways, the blocking of the cartridge at certain manufacturers. There is no measurement of the amount of ink remaining, it is only a calculation based on usage time. There are 2 advantages for the manufacturer: this amounts to making it unnecessary to refill them with possibly products from third-party companies since this will not reactivate the cartridge, and by doing the calculation as accurately as possible, they artificially increase sales since is obliged to discard non-empty cartridges. Not to mention the chips we pay for without needing them.

It's been a long time since I bought a printer, I don't know if these practices still exist, but it's not acceptable. Some will tell me, that's the consumer society and capitalism. No, that's not the consumer society and capitalism, or else completely misguided.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 07/03/22, 19:51

Did67 wrote:Writing a lot, therefore printing often (I don't see the "mistakes" on the screen so easily!), I had the luxury of an Epson EcoTank: less than €10 for a 70 ml bottle of ink for several thousands of pages (at least 5)...

There, I have a big doubt, apart from putting less than one percent of ink per page...

On one of the plotters, the cartridges are about 1L ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock: