Guide to fight against food waste (UCM)

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 24/01/12, 22:33

Given everyone's freedom, products that do not kill quickly, are sold over the counter, alcohol, tobacco, sodas in cans, pure sugars, unalterable saturated fats, fries, fatty sausages, very fatty and sweet cakes, etc. It is very difficult to change the habits of most of us by prohibiting them by dictating their drugs, which are very often studied !!!

I see this in my family, for some, habits or tastes difficult to change, impossible for some to eat natural, after the taste distorted by industrial products, almost drugs for some.

However the authorities repeat that it is necessary to eat a balanced diet full of fruits and vegetables, to exercise, but freedom prevents banning dangerous products in the long term.

Yet I see an awareness, which must be accentuated with more education and certain progress, which means that France is much less affected than the USA and even Germany.

A big problem is the high price of good food compared: soda versus fresh fruit juice, etc ....
Also the poorest are the most affected.

For the physical exercise essential to eliminate toxins, balance food and reduce inflammation, it is very difficult to convince to make a regular, intense, essential effort.

I do not have the impression that I convinced Obamot to go running or intensive pedaling, 200m vertical drop every day, even in the beautiful Swiss mountains, on skis and sealskins, or mountain biking, an hour at rhythm of the 220-age heart.
Yet it is very effective.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/01/12, 22:45

I see that we are experiencing the same hassle in an attempt to encourage friendly relatives ...

... and that our respective entourage is mired in the same contradictions ... with regard to "the offer". So this is the offer that must be reviewed ... It will come, but by then, how many early deaths?

dedeleco wrote:Given everyone's freedom, products that do not kill quickly, are sold over the counter, alcohol, tobacco, sodas in cans, pure sugars, unalterable saturated fats, fries, fatty sausages, very fatty and sweet cakes, etc. It is very difficult to change the habits of most of us by prohibiting them by dictating their drugs, which are very often studied !!!

I see this in my family, for some, habits or tastes difficult to change, impossible for some to eat natural, after the taste distorted by industrial products, almost drugs for some.
However the authorities repeat that it is necessary to eat a balanced diet full of fruits and vegetables, to exercise, but freedom prevents banning dangerous products in the long term.

Yet I see an awareness, which must be accentuated with more education and certain progress, which means that France is much less affected than the USA and even Germany.

... and There you go !

dedeleco wrote:A big problem is the high price of good food compared: soda versus fresh fruit juice, etc ....

Eating less meat, sodas, cheeses and devitalized cookies will save you a lot of money. Which can be invested elsewhere. As for organic sunflower oil, it is not very expensive at Leclerc (for small budgets: Biovillage, and it is very good ...)

dedeleco wrote:For the physical exercise essential to eliminate toxins, balance food and reduce inflammation, it is very difficult to convince to make a regular, intense, essential effort.

I do not have the impression that I convinced Obamot to ride intensive or intensive pedaling, 200m elevation change every day, even in the beautiful Swiss mountains, on skis and sealskins, or mountain biking, one hour at heart rate 220-age.
Yet it is very effective.

However, I got into it gradually before “your awareness campaign”. :P And I admit that you encourage me to continue ...
0 x
Fakir
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Fakir » 24/01/12, 22:58

dedeleco wrote:soda for fresh fruit juice, etc ...

1.5 L of coca 1.4 €

3 kg to 4 € of orange juice gives 1.5 L of orange juice.

OK

In addition, it must be pressed but it is so good ...

As a Fakir, I can only advise the much more economical herbal teas!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/01/12, 23:12

We don't say it enough, but - without being dogmatic - if we regularly eat fruit. It is not necessary to buy oranges in large quantities (because => too acidic food bowl). Saw her. C in abundance in fruits and vegetables is more than enough to cover the needs when we have a balanced diet.

So yes: drink tea as much ... a little warm like the Chinese in winter, so as not to take cold / hot shots that send contradictory signals to the brain, amha.
0 x
Fakir
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Fakir » 24/01/12, 23:25

Obamot wrote:It is not necessary to buy oranges in large quantities (because => too acidic food bowl). Saw her. C in abundance in fruits and vegetables is more than enough to cover the needs when we have a balanced diet.

Yes but it's so good ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 25/01/12, 00:21

Mangoes and many other fruits have even more vitamin C, and above all it is not only useful vitamin C, but many other elements in fruits, to the point that real fruits are less harmful for diabetics, for the same amount of sugars absorbed, in total.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 25/01/12, 09:20

Dedelecroco hello
If we disagree on some points at least on this one we agree.
If all the people were like me, 80 to 90% of industrial food, in supermarket stores could be unsold, and the problem of junk food would be solved instantly !!

And if people were like me, 100% of this food would be unsold too. But we must be realistic, the consumer society conditioned by advertising and industry is not about to change food habits at low prices.
Same for 90% of drugs, all forms of paracetamol, aspirin, syrups, painkillers, sleeping pills, etc., in various forms, which would disappear !!

Same for 100% of the drugs. Mother nature (see, I'm not saying god!) Offers us plenty of things to provide for our little hassles of “illness” for millennia: Air, water, sun, plants, the main protective factors of which are offered by healthy food, clay and for beginners homeopathy.
So education and awareness is needed, but many do not act thoughtfully and scientifically.

We can be pleased that information is disseminated by the official services and by Internet on a better hygiene of life.
A big problem is the high price of good food compared: soda versus fresh fruit juice, etc ....

Obamot answered it well: Eating less meat, sodas, cheeses and devitalized cookies will save you a lot of money. Which can be invested elsewhere. As for organic sunflower oil, it is not very expensive at Leclerc (for small budgets: Biovillage, and it is very good ...)
It is easy, figures in hand, to demonstrate that even the very smallest budget can eat healthier, even organic, it is simply that you cannot have your cake and eat it too. Our modern society has succeeded in convincing the "poor" that meat was essential (because only the rich could afford it) corresponding to the representation of a certain standard of living frustrating people who cannot afford it.
Reduced consumption (and better not consumption at all) of animal products, reduces pollution, energy expenditure, improves health and decreases food expenditure which allows a transfer to better quality plant products and, in the long term , avoids suffering caused by so-called civilization diseases (cardiovascular diseases, cancers, diabetes, etc.)

Obamot hello
- reflect on the implications of societal choices without dogmatism, as Janic suggests. :-)
Because by improving the quality, we de facto reduce the quantity needed .... These would be effective anti-waste measures!
+1 as usual!
: Cheesy:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/01/12, 19:17

Deledeco said:

On TV, when they showed 40% of the fridge forgotten, going to the trash, I was amazed, stunned

This is what happens when you go shopping without a list and without having established the menus in advance!

But I think the big culprit anyway is commerce and "industry."

At home, our strategy is: list and freezer. (plus standardized purchases)

The meat is bought in batches, portioned and frozen and therefore thawed / used to measure.
Ready meals and Bolognese sauce are prepared in large quantities and the rest frozen. (essential: what do you want to do with a cabbage for 3?)
Fruits and vegetables (seasonal, of course!) Are bought on Sundays at the market in quantities that have always been known.
We know our standard quantities for the week.
The cold meats and cheeses are stored in the fridge in a box, arranged in order of date and these quantities are checked before going to the supermarket. The contents of the fridge are looked at to establish the menus
Certain vegetables or pdt products are bought frozen and eaten on demand: fries, green beans, fried vegetables ...
My wife has just set up the soup (same, surplus to the surge)
The fresh bread supports the freezer very well: we try to always have a bread in advance in the surge, to avoid urgent races.
We devote (well, my wife devotes) one hour and 10 km per week to shopping + 10-15 minutes to the market on Sunday morning (no km, it is 2 steps from the temple)
The hardest part is forgetting special things (spices, fresh cream), fortunately, GSM can save miles when you notice it in time.
The wall chart or note things that are missing or will start to miss is of great help

Of course, that doesn't prevent us from forgetting a camembert or a bunch of carrots, but I think that we do not throw little more than 0,5 to 1 kg per week for 3.

Budget: 75 to 100 euros / week for 3.

Additional strategies: broth vegetables are sold in assorted sachets (avoid buying celery to use a branch). Another tip: buy celery in November, cut it, blanch it, freeze it, take the necessary amount.
Possible with lots of other vegetables, even onions.
Disadvantage: tedious to manage.

My big regret, the salad. Those of our market gardener are huge, but how can we keep the rest of the salad (usually eaten on Sunday, fresh) for more than a day or two and above all, don't forget that there is an RdS in the fridge? No solution found yet.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/01/12, 23:29

To keep the salad in the fridge, you can moisten it delicately with a sprayer beforehand and place it in a plastic bag of the type used in the fruit & vegetable departments (but never celophane ones, because it burns / rots) ... then every day we take a few leaves (be careful not to leave loose leaves and remove the damaged parts by cutting off what is protruding and throwing it away) a blow of pschit-pschit, change the bag, and that can last a week ... : Lol: We can also try with the grandmother but it might make her cough : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/01/12, 23:35

Humidifying is what they do in supermarkets. I rather have the impression that it accelerates decay.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be