Ecology and Vegetarianism: food, climate and CO2

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Ecology and vegetarianism: food, climate and CO2

by GuyGadebois » 11/11/19, 19:59

sicetaitsimple wrote:I dare not count in number of lines .....

Ah, the cock lines (from forum) ... : Cheesy:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/11/19, 08:07

If the topics have been seen and reviewed we do not really see why you raise them.
I'm just following the news, since the stimulus comes from the investigation of Elise Lucet, widely followed by viewers. After that it is your right not to interest you and in this case, not to participate.
What I do or not it looks at me, sorry not to have the time to digest the immensity of your prose before daring to allow me a comment.
Again, as in all forums the comments are mixed and in fact you are not interested in the other speakers either, it is always your choice and your right. But then why are you intervening?
So allow yourself a comment on the Lucet inquiry and why not questions where I would not intervene.
If you are the only VGL creating "VGL only" threads specifying it in the title, at least you won't be upset. Well, on this thread I counted, for less than 90 interventions (we are on page 9, 10 posts per page), there are 45 from you ... I dare not count in number of lines .....
:?: by janic »07 / 11 / 19, 14: 00

tonight on France 2 sent special on the meat is in ^ 6 page what brings to 40 comments which 20 of my spring, it is so hard that that?
So, having not read what other speakers say (45 on 90 then 20 on 40) is that the subject really does not interest you.
For the VGL, in non bogus consumers, this represents only a tiny minority (rising with the veganism more and more claimed) among the VGR and really only interested those who have passed the first stage and who s' There may be definitively, by philosophical, ethical and / or ECOLOGICAL choice, the latter point being investigated by LUCET.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 01/12/19, 15:41

Contrary to what some believe to be a kind of imposed regime, the VG is multiplying in all layers of the population and particularly here in the media.

https://www.vegetarisme.fr/pourquoi-etr ... tariennes/
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/19, 15:51

Yes yes, the VG is fashionable * ... so inevitably it attracts some people who are looking (even more) to talk about them ... logical their ME is their business!

Real beliefs are probably secondary for most stars who call themselves VG ...

In the same vein: everyone is green in theory ... but in practice it's slightly different! Have you ever heard a politician ** who said he wanted to pollute?

So there is what we think we are and what we really are ...

* rare are the stars who display their hunting trophies (I'm obviously talking about animals ... women are there to be displayed in this environment : Cheesy: )

** except trump and bush : Cheesy:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 01/12/19, 17:55

Yes yes, the VG is fashionable * ... so inevitably it attracts some people who are looking (even more) to talk about them ... logical their ME is their business!
I do not think that people like Einstein or Gandhi, as well as very high level sportsmen did it to be in fashion!
Real beliefs are probably secondary for most stars who call themselves VG ...
It's not just stars! When BB gives up everything to protect animals (who do not see in it a sex symbol or a star) it does not launch a fashion ... which has a few millennia of existence.
So there is what we think we are and what we really are ...
precisely, if you read the VG personalities, they are not typically counterfeiters in this area and in their environment, it was and it remains rather frowned upon.

Here is the list of vegetarian or vegan personalities.
• Albert Einstein
• Albert Schweitzer
• Aldous Huxley
• Apollonius of Tyana
• Azouz Begag (French Minister)
• Benjamin Franklin
•Buddha
• Charles Darwin
• Charlotte Brontë
• Cuvier
• Emanuel Swedenborg
• Empedocles
• Epicure
• François d'Assise
• George Bernard Shaw
• Henry Salt
• Isaac Bashevis-Singer
• Isaac Newton
• Israel Gelfand (great mathematician)
• Jane Goodall (primatologist)
• Jiddu Krishnamurti
• Lamartine
• Lanza del Vasto
• Leo Tolstoy
•Leonardo DeVinci
• Mahatma Gandhi
• Marguerite Yourcenar
•Martin Luther
• Matthieu Ricard (French translator of the Dalai Lama)
• Montaigne
• Nikola Tesla
• Percy Bysshe Shelley
• Philippe Starck
•Plato
• Plotinus
• Plutarch
•Porphyry
• Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan
• Pythagoras
• Rajendra Pachauri (President of the IPCC, and Nobel Peace Prize 2008)
• Queen Sophie of Spain
• Matthieu Ricard (Buddhist monk, French translator of the Dalai Lama)
• Steve Paul Jobs (Co-founder of Apple)
• Théodore Monod
• Thomas Edison
• Voltaire
• Yann Artus Bertrand (photographer)
•Zoroaster
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 01/12/19, 18:11

Janic wrote:Here is the list of vegetarian or vegan personalities.

It's really impressive this list! Uh, how many are alive (without wanting to make a parallel between their diet and the fact that they are still alive)?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 01/12/19, 18:25

It's really impressive this list! Uh, how many are alive (without wanting to make a parallel between their diet and the fact that they are still alive)?
all those who are mentioned and who lived decades or centuries ago are actually dead! : Cry:

otherwise Quotes from great thinkers and philosophers

BENTHAM Jeremy born February 15, 1748 in London and died in the same city on June 6, 1832 was a British philosopher, jurisconsult and reformer.

"The French have already discovered that the darkness of the skin does not constitute a reason justifying that a human being is abandoned without possible recourse to the whims of someone who torments him. A day may come when we will recognize that the number of legs, the villousness of the skin or the termination of the sacral bone are also insufficient reasons for abandoning a being sensitive to the same fate. (...) A dog or an adult horse, is, beyond all possible comparison, a more rational being, and also more apt for conversation, than a newborn of a day, a week or even a month. But, even supposing it were otherwise, what would ensue? The question is not: "can they reason? "Or" can they speak? »But:« can they suffer? »»
- Jeremy Bentham, An Introduction to the Principles of Morals and Legislation (1780 ed.) 124

BOSSUET Jacques Bénigne Bossuet - 1627-1704: French speaker and writer, theologian, Bishop of Meaux.

- "As a last consequence of the murder of animals, human blood, stupefied, can no longer rise to intellectual things."

CLAUDEL PauL is a French dramatist, poet, essayist and diplomat, born on August 6, 1868 in Villeneuve-sur-Fère in l'Aisne and died on February 23, 1955 in Paris

“In my youth, the streets were full of horses and birds. They disappeared. The inhabitants of big cities no longer see animals except in their aspect of dead flesh which is sold to him at the butcher's. Mechanics replaced everything. And soon it will be the same in the countryside. (...) Now, a cow is a living laboratory (...), the pig is a selected product which provides a quantity of bacon in accordance with the standard. The wandering and adventurous hen is incarcerated. Are these still animals, creatures of God, brothers and sisters of man, signifiers of divine wisdom, which should be treated with respect? What have we done with these poor servants? The man cruelly fired them. There are no longer any links between them and us. "
- Paul Claudel, Spiritual Bestiary, Mermod (1949), pp.127-128.

- "Comparative anatomy teaches us that in everything, man looks like fruit-eating animals and nothing like carnivores." - "It is only by disguising the dead flesh made more tender by culinary preparations that it is likely to be chewed and digested by humans in whom, in this way, the sight of raw and rare meats, does not excite horror and disgust. "

- "The natural human food, with regard to its structure, should consist of fruits, roots and vegetables."
- "The human appears organized to feed on fruits, roots, and succulent parts of vegetables. His short jaws, of medium strength, his canines of the same length as his other teeth, and his tuberous molars do not allow him to chew grass or devouring meat without preparing these foods by cooking them. Its organs are formed according to the arrangement of its teeth. Its stomach is simple and its intestinal canal is of medium length and very well anchored to its large intestine.".

- "It is obvious that the normal food of man is vegetable ..."

- "Love for all living creatures is the noblest attribute of man."

- "The classification of forms, organic functions and diets has clearly shown that normal human food is vegetable like that of anthropoids and apes, that our canines are less developed than theirs, and that we are not meant to compete with wild beasts or carnivorous animals. "

- "We have seen that the senses and intuitions, the different emotions and faculties, such as love and memory, attention and curiosity, imitation, reason, etc., which humans boast of, can be found in a nascent state or even fully developed, in lower animals, animals, of whom we have made our slaves and whom we do not want to regard as our equals.

Derrida jacques - 1930-2004:
French philosopher
"In whatever way it is interpreted, whatever practical, technical, scientific, legal, ethical, or political consequence that one draws from it, nobody today can deny this event, namely the unprecedented proportions of this subjugation of the animal. (...) No one can seriously and for a long time deny that men are doing everything they can to conceal or to conceal this cruelty, to organize worldwide the oblivion or ignorance of this violence that some could compare to the worst genocides (there are also animal genocides: the number of endangered species caused by man is breathtaking). The genocide figure should not be abused or discharged too quickly. Because it is complicated here: the annihilation of the species, certainly, would be at work, but it would pass by the organization and the exploitation of an artificial, infernal, virtually interminable survival, under conditions that men of the past would have judged monstrous, out of all the supposed norms of life proper to the animals thus exterminated in their survival or in their very overcrowding. As if, for example, instead of throwing a people in crematoriums and in gas chambers, doctors or geneticists (for example Nazis) had decided to organize by artificial insemination the overproduction and the breed of Jews, Gypsies and homosexuals who, ever more numerous and more nourished, would have been destined, in ever increasing number, to the same hell, that of imposed genetic experimentation, of extermination by gas and by fire. In the same slaughterhouses. (...) If they are "pathetic", these images are also because they pathetically open up the immense question of the pathos and the pathological, precisely, of suffering, pity and compassion. Because what has happened for two centuries is a new test of this compassion. "
- Jacques Derrida, The Animal that I am.

EDISON Thomas Edison - 1847-1931:
American engineer, inventor of the electric bulb and cinema.
- "I am vegetarian and anti-alcoholic: so I can make better use of my brain."

- "Nothing can be more beneficial to human health or increase the chances of survival of life on Earth, than a move towards a vegetarian diet."
- "The physical effect that a vegetarian lifestyle would have on the human temperament would have an extremely positive influence on humanity."

- "I think that the transformations and the purifying effects of a vegetarian diet on humans are very beneficial to the human species. Therefore, by choosing vegetarianism, one will be both happy and peaceful.

FARRACHI Armand is a French writer born in Paris on March 22, 1949:

"No civilization has ever inflicted as much suffering on animals as ours, in the name of rational production" at the lowest cost ". (...) Let us not be afraid of words: France is covered with concentration camps and torture chambers. (...) For these millions, for these billions of animals, the simple fact of living, from birth to death, is a torture of every second (...). "
- Armand Farrachi, pity for the animal condition138.

GAUTAMA Buddha. Indian sage 600 years BC

“Mahamati, those of my disciples who eat meat make laugh the laymen who murmur: who are these renouncers who practice purity by not feeding like the gods and hermits but rather like ferocious beasts while roaming the people to fill their stomachs? They only frighten others by spoiling the purity of their path so much so that one wonders if Buddhism is really a method of self-control. ("Soûtra de l'Entrée à Lankâ, lankâvatâra", translation by Patrick Carré, Fayard)

GANDHI Mahatma Gandhi [Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi] - 1869-1948:
One of the founding fathers of modern India and defender of non-violence as a revolutionary means.

- "The greatness of a nation and its moral advancement can be appreciated by the way it treats animals."

- "I believe that spiritual progress requires us to stop killing other living beings for our bodily needs."

"I would never consent to sacrifice the life of a lamb to the human body. I believe that the less a creature can defend itself, the more it has the right to the protection of man against human cruelty. "

von HUMBOLDT Alexander von Humboldt - 1769-1859: German naturalist and geographer, explorer and geographer. Considered to be the founder of Climatology and Biogeography of the planet and the oceans.

- "Feeding on animals is not far from anthropophagy and cannibalism."

- "Cruelty to animals cannot be reconciled with a true educated humanity, or with a true erudition. It is one of the most characteristic vices of a vile and brutal people. Today, practically everyone people are more or less barbaric towards animals.It is false and grotesque to underline on every occasion their apparent high degree of civilization, while each day they tolerate with indifference the most infamous cruelties perpetrated against millions of defenseless victims. "

- "The same area of ​​land used to graze and feed cattle to produce meat to feed 1 person, could feed 10 people with plants; if we also cultivated it with lentils, beans or peas, it could feed a hundred people ... "

HUXLEY Thomas
Henry Huxley:

"Man came before ax and fire, so he couldn't be omnivorous." "The only animal that exists with an omnivorous morphology is the bear, which has a few sharp teeth and the others flat."

KAFKA Franz Kafka - 1883-1924:
Czech writer of German expression.

- "Now I can observe you in peace: I will not eat you any more."
(watching fish in an aquarium).

KRISHNA The Mahābhārata is a Sanskrit epic from Hindu mythology comprising ninety thousand stanzas divided into eighteen books. It is considered to be the greatest poem ever composed. It contains no less than 250 verses - fifteen times more than the Iliad -

"Needless to say, these innocent, healthy creatures are made for the love of life, when they are wanted to be killed by miserable sinners living in butcher shops?" For this reason, O monarch, O Yudhishthir, know that the refusal of meat is the greatest refuge of religion, of heaven, and of happiness. Refraining from hurting is the greatest of principles. There again, it is the greatest of penances. It is also the greatest of truths among all the proofs of affection. Meat cannot be removed from grass or wood or stone. Unless a living creature is killed, this cannot be done. So, you are at fault in eating flesh. (...) This man, who abstains from meat, is never put in awe, O king, by any creature. All creatures ask for his protection. He never causes worry for others, and he never has to become anxious. If no one eats flesh, then there is no one left to kill living things. The man who kills living things kills them for the good of the person who eats flesh. If the flesh is considered inedible, there is no longer any slaughter of living things. It is in the interest of the meat eater that the massacre of living beings is carried out in the world. Since then, oh you of great splendor, the lifespan has been shortened for the people who slaughter living creatures or are the causes of their slaughter; it is clear that the person who wishes his good must give up the consumption of meat entirely. (...) The buyer of the flesh realizes the himsâ [violence] by its richness: the one who eats the flesh does it by appreciating its flavor, the killer realizes the himsâ by tying and killing the animal. Thus, there are three forms of killing. Whoever brings the flesh or brings it for itself, who cuts the limbs of an animal, and whoever buys it, sells it, or cooks the meat and whoever eats it - all of these are to consider as meat eaters. "
- Mahâbhârata 13,115187.

KUNDERA Milan is a writer of Czech and French languages

"There is no merit in behaving well with one's fellow men ... We can never determine with certainty to what extent our relationships with others are the result of our feelings, of our benevolence or hatred, and in how far they are in advance conditioned by the power relations between individuals. The true goodness of man can be manifested in all purity and in freedom only with regard to those who represent no force. The real moral test of humanity (the most radical, which is at a level so deep that it escapes our eyes), it is the relationships with those who are at its mercy: animals. And it is here that the fundamental bankruptcy of man occurred, so fundamental that all the others result from it. "
the unbearable lightness of being (p.420-421):

by LAMARTINE Alphonse de Lamartine -1790-1869: French poet and politician.

- "My mother was convinced, and I kept her convictions in this regard, that killing animals to feed on their flesh and blood is one of the most deplorable and shameful infirmities of the human condition; it is one of those curses cast upon man. She believed, and I believe like her, that these habits of hardening the heart towards the sweetest animals, these immolations, these appetites for blood, this sight palpitating flesh, impels the instincts of the heart to cruelty and ferocity. "

- "My mother believed, and I believe it too, that this [meat] food, more succulent and more energetic in appearance, contains in itself irritating and putrid principles which agitate the blood and shorten the days of man ... She never let me eat meat until the age when I was thrown into the jumble of college life. ... So, until the age of twelve, I lived only on bread, dairy products, vegetables, and so on. of fruit. My health was no less strong, my development no less rapid [...] "

LESTEL dominique French philosopher and ethologist, lecturer in the cognitive studies department of the École normale supérieure and member of a research team in eco-anthropology and ethnology at the National Museum of Natural History.

"If the animal is hardly conceivable as a machine, it can be (...) transformed into a machine. The XNUMXth century did not invent the concept of animal-machine, but it made the idea concrete through intensive farming and the manipulation of laboratory animals. (...) The XNUMXth century invented (...), among other horrors of which it was lavished, the hidden animal, the one of which man is ashamed (...). The modern animal is not obscene because it reminds us that we are species of animals, but because it highlights our undoubtedly unique capacity to be able to degrade the other living creatures, until making them lose which made them animals. "
- Dominique Lestel, from animal-machines to animal machines

MAETERLINCK Maurice born August 29, 1862 in Ghent (Belgium) and died May 5, 1949 in Nice (France), is a Belgian French-speaking writer. He received the Nobel Prize for Literature in

"I do not intend to go deeper into the question of vegetarianism here or to meet the objections that can be made to it, but it must be recognized that very few of these objections stand up to loyal and attentive examination, and the '' it can be said that all those who submitted to this regime felt their strengths increase, their health recovered or strengthened, their minds became lighter and purified as if coming out of a secular prison, nauseating and miserable […] If some day there became generalized the certainty that man can do without the flesh of animals, there would not only be a great economic revolution, - because an ox, to produce a pound of meat, consumes more than a hundred pounds of fodder, - there would still be a moral improvement probably as important and certainly more sincere and more lasting than if the Envoy of the Father returned a second time to visit our earth to repair the errors and the oversights of his first pilgrim age. "

MICHELET Jules Michelet - 1798-1874:
Historian and French philosopher.

- "Animal life, dark mystery. All nature protests against the barbarity of man who does not understand, who humiliates and tortures his inferior brothers."

- "The vegetarian diet contributes little to the purity of the soul."

- "A strange spectacle to see a mother give to her daughter, whom she was still breastfeeding yesterday, this coarse diet of bloody meats."

- "Our travels of scholars who do so much honor to the moderns, the contact of civilizing Europe which goes everywhere, have they benefited the savages? I do not see it. (...) The conquerors, the missionaries, the merchants massacred, exhausted, stupid and robbed the populations, they produced the desert. (...) We can judge that if the man treated thus the man, he was not more lenient nor better for the animals. Of the sweetest species, he made horrible carnage, saved them and barbarized them forever. "(...) Because all the accounts of travelers agree: there was a time when manatees, seals, penguins, penguins, whales loved the company of man ..."

MONOD Théodore André, born April 9, 1902 in Rouen and died November 22, 2000 in Versailles, is a French naturalist, explorer, scholar and humanist scientist.

“What we can criticize is this exclusive pre-eminence given to man, because it involves everything else. If man were more modest and more convinced of the unity of things and beings, of his responsibility and of his solidarity with other living beings, things would be very different. ”Théodore Monod

OVIDE Richard Owen - 1804-1892: in Latin Publius Ovidius Naso, born March 20, 43 BC. BC in Sulmona, in central Italy and died in 17 AD. AD, in exile to Tomis (present-day Constanţa in Romania), is a Latin poet who lived during the period which saw the birth of the Roman Empire

“How he has horrible tastes, how he is preparing to shed human blood one day, the one who cold-bloodedly slaughters a lamb, and which listens to its plaintive bleating; the one who can mercilessly kill the young kid and hear him roar like a child; he who can eat the bird he has fed with his hand! How far is it from this crime to the last of crimes, homicide? Does it not open the way? Let the beef plow, and die only of old age; let the sheep provide us with Borée's freezing breath, and the goats present their full breasts to the hand that presses them. No more beasts and lakes, no more treacherous inventions; no longer attract the bird to the gooey, no longer push the terrified deer into your webs, no longer hide, under a deceptive bait, the point of the hook. "
- Ovid, The Metamorphoses, book XV122.

OWEN Richard Owen - 1804-1892:
English naturalist. Studied with the French Georges Cuvier Anatomy and Comparative Physiology. Author of: "Cours d'Anatomie Comparée" and "Palaeontology and Physiology of Vertebrates".

- "Anthropoids and all quadrumans derive their food from fruits, seeds and other succulent plant substances; and the strict analogy between the structure of these animals and that of humans clearly demonstrates their natural frugivorism.".
- "Monkeys whose dentition is roughly equal to that of humans live mainly on fruits, nuts and other similar varieties of tasty texture and nutritional value developed by the plant kingdom.
The profound similarity between the dentition of quadrumanes and those of humans demonstrates that humans were originally adapted to eat the fruits of trees. "

- "I could not kill neither an ox nor a hen and especially not a lamb; if I myself cannot do these things without hurting my good feelings, I also refuse to make them do by other people , thus hurting their feelings. That is enough to induce me to accept a meat-deprived diet. "

PLATON Plato - 427-348 / 347 (?) BC:
Disciple of Socrates.
- In his book "The Republic", Plato quotes Socrates who recommends vegetarianism: "This diet would allow a nation to use its agricultural resources intelligently."

PLUTARQUE born in Chéronée in Boeotia around 46 AD. AD, died around 125, is a historian and major thinker of ancient Rome from Greece, who was influenced by the philosophical current of Middle Platonism.

"For a little flesh, we take away their life, the sun, the light and the course of a life prefixed by nature: and we think that the cries they throw out of fear are not articulated, that they mean nothing, where it is only prayers, supplications and justifications of each of these poor beasts who groan. (...) Do we regard as indifferent the loss of a soul? I want it not to be, as Empedocles believes, that of a father, a mother, a son or a friend; it is always that of a being who feels, who sees and who hears, who has imagination and intelligence, faculties that each animal has received from nature to obtain what suits it and avoid what can harm him. "
- Plutarch, If it is permissible to eat flesh120,121.

PYTHAGORE
Pythagoras - 570-480 (?) Before JC:
Greek mathematician and philosopher of antiquity.

- "As long as men slaughter animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of murder and suffering cannot reap joy and love."

- "The earth gives abundant riches and peaceful food. It offers us meals which are not stained neither with blood nor with murder.

RAYHABER
John Ray - 1628-1704
English botanist, one of the most eminent naturalists of his time:

- "In no way does man have the constitution of a carnivore. Hunting and voracity are not natural to him. Man has neither the sharp teeth nor the claws to kill and tear his prey to pieces. On the contrary. , his hands are made for picking fruits, berries and vegetables, and his teeth are suitable for chewing them.
- "Everything we need to eat, eat and feast is abundantly provided in the inexhaustible store of Nature. What a pleasant, pleasant and innocent vision that a table frugally served, and what a difference from a meal composed of smoldering and slaughtered animal flesh In short, our orchards offer all the delicacies imaginable, while the slaughterhouses and butchers are full of coagulated blood, and an abominable stench.

ROBBINS John Robbins - 1947 -....:
American writer, author of "The Food Revolution" and of the bestseller "Diet for a New America" ​​(translated into French under the title: "Se nourrir sans faire suffer")

- "I harvested cabbages and picked carrots and I also visited slaughterhouses: these experiences cannot be compared".
- "There is no need to deprive yourself: it is only a matter of better understanding how to eat in the healthiest, most pleasant, most nutritious way on the one hand, and the most economical, the most generous, the least polluting of on the other hand. ... Life as a whole would benefit: you, mankind, animals, forests, rivers, soil, oceans, and earth's atmosphere. "

SAND George Sand - 1804–1876:
French writer.

- "It will be a great step forward in the evolution of the human race when we eat fruit and carnivores disappear from Earth. Everything will be doable on this Earth from the moment we cope with meat meals and wars. "

SCHWEITZER Albert Schweitzer - 1875-1965: Missionary doctor, Alsatian philosopher and theologian. Nobel Peace Prize 1953.

- "To give honor to Life means to feel the reproach for the fact of killing."

- “Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living creatures, man himself will not find peace.” “In the old days, believing that colored men were really men and had to be treated humanely sounded like madness. Today it is considered exaggerated to claim that one of the duties imposed by rational ethics is to respect what lives, even in its lower forms. But one day, we will be astonished that it has taken so long for humanity to admit that reckless depredations caused to what lives are incompatible with ethics. "

SHAW George Bernard Shaw - 1856-1950:
Irish Playwright, Nobel Prize in Literature 1925.

- "I was a cannibal. It was Shelley who first opened my eyes to the savagery of my diet."

- "As long as we ourselves are the living tombs of murdered animals, how can we hope for ideal living conditions on this Earth?"

- "Animals are my friends and I don't eat my friends"

- "The life expectancy of a meat eater is 63 years. I'm getting closer to 85 and I'm still working as hard as before. I've lived long enough and I'm trying to die, but I'm not there. It just doesn't happen. A single slice of beef would kill me, but I can't convince myself to swallow one. I'm horrified to live forever. That's the only downside to a vegetarian diet.

SHELLEY percy: Percy Bysshe Shelley is a British poet, born near Horsham (Sussex) on August 4, 1792 and died at sea off the Spezia1 on July 8, 1822.

"Let the supporters of meat eating verify the validity of such a diet, that they tear a lamb still alive with their teeth [...] and plunge their head into its vital organs, quench their thirst in the smoking blood [ …] So will they be in agreement with their convictions. In a letter of March 14, 1812, his wife wrote to a friend: "We gave up meat to adopt Pythagorean thought". Shelley describes, in his poem The Queen Mab, a utopian world where human beings do not kill animals for food. "From now on, he will no longer kill the lamb looking at him, Will no longer devour his flesh. Because, as if to avenge the violated law of Nature, It poisoned, poisoned the body that engulfs it, awakened fatal passions, vain beliefs, Hatred, despair and disgust for everything, The seeds of misery , crime, disease, death. "

SINGER Isaac Bashevis Singer - 1904-1991:
Polish writer, naturalized American, Nobel Prize for Literature 1978.

- "It is often said that men have always eaten meat, as if it was a justification to continue to do so. By the same logic, we should not seek to prevent a man from killing another given as it always has been. "

- "We are all creatures of God; it is not reconcilable to invoke divine Grace and Justice and to continue to eat the flesh of animals which have been slaughtered by our fault." give her daughter, who she was still breastfeeding yesterday, this coarse diet of bloody meats. "

- All this verbiage about dignity, compassion, culture or morality seems ridiculous when it comes out of the very mouth of those who kill innocent creatures, chase foxes that their dogs have exhausted, or even encourage the existence of bullfights and slaughterhouses. All these explanations, according to which nature is cruel and therefore we are entitled to be cruel, are hypocrites. Nothing proves that man is more important than a butterfly or a cow. I consider becoming a vegetarian the greatest achievement of my life. I do not claim to save many animals from the slaughterhouse, but my refusal to eat meat is a protest against cruelty ... Personally, I do not believe there can be peace in this world as long as the animals will be treated as they are today.

SOCRATE Socrates - 470-399 BC:
Greek philosopher of antiquity.

- Socrates was a vegetarian and never wore leather or animal fur. Like Pythagoras, he argued that the habit of eating animal flesh drove humans to violence and war.

STAUSS Claude - Levy: born November 28, 1908 in Brussels1 and died October 30, 2009 in Paris is a French anthropologist and ethnologist who exerted a decisive influence on the human sciences in the second half of the twentieth century, being in particular one of the founding figures of structuralist thought.

"It is now (...) that by exposing the flaws of a humanism decidedly incapable of founding in humans the exercise of virtue, Rousseau's thought can help us to reject the illusion of which we are, alas! able to observe in ourselves and on ourselves the fatal effects. For is it not the myth of the exclusive dignity of human nature which caused nature itself to undergo a first mutilation, from which other mutilations should inevitably follow? We began by cutting man off from nature, and by constituting him into a sovereign kingdom; one thus believed to erase its most indisputable character, namely that it is first of all a living being. And by remaining blind to this common property, we have given free rein to all abuses. Never better than at the end of the last four centuries of its history, Western man could he understand that by assuming the right to radically separate humanity from animality, by granting to the one all that 'he refused to the other, he opened a cursed circle, and that the same border, constantly moved back, would serve to separate men from other men, and to claim for the benefit of ever smaller minorities the privilege of a corrupt humanism immediately born for having borrowed from self-love its principle and its notion. "
Claude Lévi-Strauss, structural anthropology (1973).

THOREAU
Henry David Thoreau - 1817-1862:
American writer.

- "There is no doubt for me that it enters the destiny of humanity, because it is gradually improving itself, to one day stop eating animals."

TOLSTOÏ Léon Tolstoï - 1828-1910:
Russian humanist and poet.

- "If someone aspires to a virtuous life, his first act must be to refrain from harming animals".

- "From killing animals to killing people there is only one step, just like making animals suffer to make people suffer."
- "As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will also be battlefields."
- "Man can live and stay healthy without needing to kill animals for food. Therefore, eating meat makes co-responsible for the killing of animals perpetrated just to satisfy our palate. Take action. this way is immoral. It is such a simple fact that it is probably not possible to disagree. "

- "If man seriously and honestly seeks the path of morality, the first thing he must give up is the consumption of meat."

- "Vegetarianism is valid as the basic criterion with which we can recognize whether man seriously aspires to moral perfection. Meat food is a primitive residue; switching to a vegetarian diet is the first manifestation of education."

of VINCI - da VINCI
Leonardo da Vinci - 1452-1519:
Painter, sculptor, engineer and architect, Italian artist whose genius is universally recognized.

- "I rejected meat since very early in my childhood and the time will come when men, like me, will watch the killing of animals as they now watch the murder of their fellow human beings."

- "You defined man as the King of Animals; I on the other hand, I would say that man is the king of ferocious beasts among which you are the greatest. Did you not actually kill and eat the animals to satisfy the pleasures of your palate, turning yourself into a grave for all these animals? Does not nature produce enough vegetable food to satisfy you? "

VOLTAIRE François Marie Arouet, known as "Voltaire" - 1694-1778:

French philosopher and writer.

- "It is certain that this terrible bloodbath continuously perpetrated in our slaughterhouses and in our kitchens no longer appears to us as a crime; on the contrary, we consider these abominations, which are often accompanied by a pestilential odor, as a blessing of the Lord and in our prayers we thank him for the creatures we have killed. "

- "But is there anything more abominable than to continually feed on the meat of corpses?"

YOURCENAR Marguerite Yourcenar - 1903-1987: Writer, woman of letters, French and American nationalities. First woman elected to the French Academy in 1980.

"Like Zeno, I dislike" digesting agonies. "

Let's be subversive. Let us revolt against ignorance, indifference, cruelty, which, moreover, is not exercised so often against man because they have made their hands on animals. Let us remember, if we must always bring everything back to ourselves, that there would be fewer child martyrs if there were fewer tortured animals, fewer leaded wagons bringing to death the victims of any dictatorships , if we had not gotten into the habit of vans where the animals are dying without food and water while waiting for the slaughterhouse
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 01/12/19, 18:47

Janic wrote:[all those who are mentioned and who lived decades or centuries ago are actually dead! : Cry:

Certainly ... But hey, that's not enough living who, to use your starting point, " Contrary to what some believe to be a kind of imposed regime, the VG is multiplying in all layers of the population and particularly here in the media."

"Multiplies" is not a "past" form of conjugation, it seems to me?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 01/12/19, 21:20

this is what you want! : Cheesy:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 01/12/19, 21:26

Janic wrote:
this is what you want! : Cheesy:

Well no, "multiplies" is normally in French something that is happening roughly at the moment, possibly with a little flashback.
0 x