Christmas gift concepts at low environmental cost

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
VillièrePrint
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Christmas without a gift would not be Christmas

by VillièrePrint » 06/12/11, 17:00

Last year I made an article (50 gift ideas for Christmas).

But this year, faced with the observation that the holidays are turning into a real fair (consume, consume, consume ...), I had the same questions as you.

I then questioned the fact of encouraging people to consume something while I keep a blog on ecology. And then I thought back to all these beautiful moments, when I was a kid. Moments that I want to experience every year, because someone has thought of me and wants to please me. And that Christmas is an exchange of pleasures.

We could very well make something as a gift to please someone (besides I think that next year I will post on it); but the book appeared to me as an alternative. A good that also makes things happen, consciences.

And if I had not read these books, I think I would not have been so far in my approach.
0 x
Discover the eco-blog and participate in the debates!
www.imprimerie-villiere.com
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/12/11, 17:07

It is true that there are books that can have a positive ecological impact, by applying some of their advice!

Like other gifts; I also edited the 1st message on this subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/concepts-d ... t4221.html

Let's save energy!

Completely agree on the exchange of pleasure, the problem is that currently, pleasure often rhymes with consumption!

I should rather say: consumption! The worst are the teenagers ... If they don't have their € 200 of technological geek gifts, they will be laughing ...

I have not read the book La Route but seen the film ... and frankly I am not sure that this is a "positive" image for humanity ... why advise him at Christmas? Personally, I only saw negative in this film ...
0 x
VillièrePrint
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by VillièrePrint » 07/12/11, 08:22

First I want to clarify that I am not attached to theories about the end of the world in 2012, and that I prefer never to know an apocalyptic situation ... even if it can happen.

I saw The Road on the big screen. For me, behind the apparent misery, the desolation and all the barbarity that the images send back to us, I find that this film transpires hope.

In your opinion, what is it that makes this man not give in to suicide with his son when everything wants him to do it?
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 07/12/11, 11:13

Wow he ended up going there all the same ... sorry oops for those who haven't seen him.

This film shows above all that during a post apocalyptic situation it is the worst feelings and behaviors of men that would rise to the surface.

Well, I'm not sure at all: if there is a positive point to a natural disaster, it is mutual aid and humanity that follows.

It is very distressing that feelings like solidarity and spontaneous mutual aid are limited to disasters ...

Example: your neighborhood is flooded, all the neighbors try within the limits of their respective means to help each other. Normally if one of these same neighbors loses his job, his income and becomes homeless, there is little chance that these same neighbors will help him.

It's a bit caricatural but that's the idea ..

Once the disaster has passed and repaired, curtain, move on there is nothing more to learn: we consume selfishly as before ... generally ...

In short: I think there is better as a message of cinematographic hope.

Do you know Mister Nobody? An unknown masterpiece: https://www.econologie.com/forums/mister-nob ... 10468.html
0 x
VillièrePrint
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by VillièrePrint » 07/12/11, 11:20

We do not share the same opinion Christophe, but we have the right after all ... it's a question of point of view.

I did not know Mr Nobody, it looks good: to discover ...
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 07/12/11, 11:26

Yes Fortunately.

But don't agree on the film "the road" or the psychology of catastrophes?

In another film in the genre, there is "The last fight" is the first feature film by Luc Besson ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/11, 18:49

0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 22/12/11, 10:40

A gift idea that I think is a good compromise (to be discussed):
: Arrow: Scratch or lottery tickets

Advantage 1: It does not consume a lot of raw materials (especially lotto. Perhaps more questionable for scratch tickets that are full of shiny inks)
Advantage 2: It is produced locally (low CO2, less unemployment)
Advantage 3: It replenishes the state coffers (games are taxed and you have reduced the number of unemployed)
Advantage 4: It makes your friends dream for a few minutes (or even all year long if they know that you will repeat the operation)
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/12/11, 10:43

Moué ... la Française des jeux was advertising Christmas bags a few years ago ... she does more it seems to me, that must have run out ...

I see 2 drawbacks:

a) if he loses, he has nothing as a gift (except a little adrenaline)
b) if he wins big: you have the balls! : Mrgreen:
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 22/12/11, 10:52

Christophe wrote:Moué ... la Française des jeux was advertising Christmas bags a few years ago ... she does more it seems to me, that must have run out ...

I see 2 drawbacks:

a) if he loses, he has nothing as a gift (except a little adrenaline)
b) if he wins big: you have the balls! : Mrgreen:

For (a), this is true with many gifts ... even with most material gifts which are worth nothing after 1 year ... There are of course some that last in those who have have been named in the thread (e.g. the plant). But hey, I leave my proposal in case ...
For (b) you can also be happy for him 8)
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"