Green purchase comparison: EcoCompare

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
zorglub26
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Sustainable Planet Fair

by zorglub26 » 12/02/10, 15:58

Hello,

For info we participate this year in the 3rd edition of the fair http://www.planete-durable.com from 25 to 28 March 2010, Porte de Versaille.

Come meet us!

http://www.ecocompare.com ecological transparency
0 x
Avibel
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Avibel » 17/06/10, 12:29

Are there plans for this comparator to focus on electric vehicles when there are enough on the market?
0 x
Evolve is surrender to fate
yoananda
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yoananda » 17/06/10, 13:37

Great this site.
This is exactly the kind of initiative that I like and that goes in the right direction.
Thank you internet for allowing this kind of collaboration
0 x
zorglub26
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by zorglub26 » 18/06/10, 18:18

To respond to avibel, as soon as we have reliable information from manufacturers for the manufacturing, use or end of life part of electric vehicles, we will be able to publish information sheets.

For information, we have also set up an Ecocompare terminal in an Ethical and Ecological clothing clearance store, the "comptoir à part" store located in Romans sur Isère.

The universe of ecological clothing has very, too many labels, suddenly consumers are lost and do not really have clear information concerning the source, transport, materials used for the products.

This terminal therefore makes it possible to scan the barcode of a label and display the product's environmental sheet for the aspects: manufacturing, use and end of life.

The consumer can also display the company's environmental approach and find the definitions of the main terms and labels encountered (PLA, BPA, GOTS label, ...).

This terminal was filmed during a report by FRANCE 2 in the program "C'est au program" by Sophie DAVANT, from June 17th.

More information on http://www.ecocompare.com/Borne-Ecocompare-en-magasin_a26.html
Don't hesitate to spread the word about ecocompare around you ...

See you soon
0 x
Avibel
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Avibel » 19/06/10, 00:07

zorglub26 wrote:To respond to avibel, as soon as we have reliable information from manufacturers for the manufacturing, use or end of life part of electric vehicles, we will be able to publish information sheets.

Thank you for the answer. Subsidiary question: on what criteria will these sheets be established and by whom? journalists like those of the magazine "Que To Choose" or "50 Million Conso"? can be users participating in forums specialized like this or "electric vehicles"?
0 x
Evolve is surrender to fate
zorglub26
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by zorglub26 » 20/06/10, 19:13

It is the manufacturers who provide the information, which must be justified. They must respect the conditions of use of the site, namely give us their contact details and undertake to provide reliable information.

We mark the products not on quantitative criteria (these will of course be displayed for information) but on quality: example: 14001 certified factory, use of recycled materials, ...
replacement of toxic material by another, ...

for electric vehicles, the end-of-life aspect of batteries is very interesting: recycling, if so, according to which process ...

In short, the vocation of the ecocompare site is to provide maximum transparency and to highlight manufacturers who have a real eco-design program. When in use, an electric vehicle does not emit CO2 during use, but what about manufacturing and recycling? it is above all on these points that we will be vigilant and transparent ...
0 x
zorglub26
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Latest News

by zorglub26 » 30/08/10, 19:42

I take up my pen on this forum to give you some news:

In September we are going to present the brand new iPhone app, which will allow consumers to be able to scan bar codes of products, display cards, compare product cards and participate in a mode eco-actor collaborative or consumers become active and vote via the barcode for products not yet referenced. Each month we will conduct a process of collecting information from the manufacturers whose products have been the most requested.

In October we are invited on 16 and 17 October by the Paris City Hall during the 3rd Paris climate plan, to present Ecocompare to visitors. Come and visit us, the event is located at the Maison de l'Air, Belleville Park in the 20th district in Paris ...
0 x
zorglub26
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Ecocompare now on Android!

by zorglub26 » 20/06/12, 17:12

The ecocompare smartphone application, already present on the iPhone, is now available on Android phones. Always free but with new features like Facebook connection.

If you want to know the real ecological qualities of the products, scan them and participate collectively in an innovative approach! you will be able to win tshirts "all ecoactors!" or vouchers on decodurable.com.

All the scans are registered and are the subject of a contact with the brands to encourage them to provide us with the information necessary for their rating.

The link for Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ecocompare
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"