Calendar of seasonal fruits and vegetables and local

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
francine59
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by francine59 » 18/01/16, 18:21

It is certainly better to consume according to the seasons, rather than buying South American cherries in the middle of winter.
I am a big defender of local productions, why go looking far (and expensive) for what we find nearby. there is always a producer near you who will prepare local products for you.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/01/16, 18:53

And for those who have a little soil, the shortest circuit is that which goes from the vegetable patch to the kitchen (and back for waste, peelings) ...

And for those who have a bit of land but don't have the time, I recommend the "Potager du Laesseux": https://www.econologie.com/forums/jardiner-p ... 13846.html
0 x
francine59
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by francine59 » 27/01/16, 17:48

If you are looking for good products without moving too much, I recommend the url site [http://terroirsmarket.com/fr/] you will find good things from all over France
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 27/01/16, 20:13

If you are looking for good products without moving too much, I recommend the url site [http://terroirsmarket.com/fr/] you will find good things from all over France

At 36 euros per liter of olive oil even organic ... another site of sores
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/01/16, 08:22

raymon hello
At 36 euros per liter of olive oil even organic ... another site of sores
the price of a liter and the price of 4 times 0.25 l is not the same. Then come the quality and rarity of the product used, then the method of extraction, filtration etc ... which can vary the final price; itself also dependent on the volume distributed. The BA of the economy.
Admittedly between a product extracted in an industrial way hot, refined, discolored, recolored, etc ... sold in mass distribution and this type of product, the price cannot be the same: nothing to do with any sores.
and if you visited so-called organic stores, you would be surprised at the few "sores" that are supplied there; the majority being made up of people with average and even low incomes (and yes, it is the lived experience that allows me to make such statements!)
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Did67

by Did67 » 28/01/16, 08:39

In Europe, all olive oils are cold extracted.

There are excellent organic olive oils at prices ranging from 7 to 10 euros per liter.

These are not the most expensive the best (Que Choisir tests or 60 million, I don't know ...).

However, it is true that there are "grands crus", as for wines ...

That being said, I don't think an honest man can defend "organic" at all costs. You have to be naive to think that there is no abuse here, as elsewhere ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/01/16, 09:57

To bounce back on your words, Didier, I would say that another of the economic principles evoked by Janic is also to sell what the customer is prepared to pay, if one manages to make him believe that the amount of the label participates in the "value" of the product. Many examples validate this psychological side.

The baron "Bic", usually better inspired, paid the price by launching a range of low-cost perfumes: it would be highly contradictory to offer a product at a discount to a woman to show her the importance of her. has in our eyes! : Lol:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 28/01/16, 10:05

Absolutely.

I often repeat, to those who are indignant, that selling bladders for lanterns is not fundamentally prohibited ... If there are fools to buy them ...

Always remember this definitive sentence of Coluche, about I do not know what more besides - well, a blackout: "When I think that it would be enough that people do not buy this bullshit so that it does not sell more! "

On the other hand, my personal ethics forbid me to "justify" these absurdities.

And rather command me to inform and suggest alternatives.

(for those who want to eat better AND improve their carbon footprint, provided that they have space, as you know, I suggest the "Potager du Laesseux" - I am more and more involved in ways that still allow to reduce scarce inputs - seeds / plants - because money is also time - that spent to earn it!).
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/01/16, 14:05

DID hello
In Europe, all olive oils are cold extracted.
Unfortunately this is only the case for small "old-fashioned" structures which are becoming increasingly rare.
We often confuse the terms of: virgin olive oil (extra, fine, semi-fine), olive oil (without other designation, deacidified by alkaline detergents), refined olive oil, pure refined olive oil, and pure olive oil (a mixture of virgin and refined) and table or frying oils which can be mixtures of oil seeds.
There are excellent organic olive oils at prices ranging from 7 to 10 euros per liter.
In terms of oil, the organic designation indicates its cultural origin, not its manufacturing process, unless specified, of course.
They can therefore have followed an industrial extraction process by press, but also by heating, by industrial solvents (trichlorethylene (before) petroleum 60/80), degumming, neutralization, discoloration, deodorization (between 220 and 300 ° of steam ), recoloration, synthetic antioxidants, etc.)
These are not the most expensive the best (Que Choisir tests or 60 million, I don't know ...).
A better distinction must be made in terms of quality (origin, variety, culture, processing, etc.) and taste quality, which also depends on the previous criteria, as well as industrial processes intended to make the product with a taste acceptable to the consumer. It all depends on what we are talking about.
However, it is true that there are "grands crus", as for wines ...
Indeed and fortunately elsewhere!
That being said, I don't think an honest man can defend "organic" at all costs. You have to be naive to think that there is no abuse here, as elsewhere ...
Precisely, this requires vigilance, information, follow-up and to stop considering that it is boo-boo, out of ignorance most of the time.

Ahmed hello
I would say that another of the economic principles evoked by Janic is also to sell what the customer is ready to pay, if one manages to make him believe that the amount of the label participates in the "value" of the product. Many examples validate this psychological side.
It is valid as for everything obviously; but (because there is a but) there are on the one hand the fashion effects where it is in the wind to consume organic without being informed of what type of organic it is, and the informed consumer who has chosen this mode as a means of reducing on the one hand its consumption of all these dangerous products which our society distributes widely everywhere and also, and even, above all, as an effective means of maintaining its biological functions in better condition and in fact reducing pathologies the most common ones that cause so much misfortune, suffering and damage that other toxic chemicals will have to be repaired in a hellish circle that ends in early death, most of the time.
Thus, for example, the effects of distilbene only appeared in the second generation and amplified in the third generation.
In the decades following the first prescriptions, a certain number of genital anomalies have been reported in children born to mothers who took DES during their pregnancy (“DISTILBENE children”): in girls, from puberty, have more or less typical genital defects, increased risks of vaginal and uterine cancer (clear cell adenocarcinoma), and numerous cases of infertility have been reported; effects are less visible in boys, but there have been reports of urethral stenosis, epididymal cysts, malformations of the urethra (hypospade), undescended testes (cryptorchidism), and testicular hypotrophy and a decrease in the quality of sperm (oligospermia).
In 1971, in the United States, the FDA prohibited the prescription of this drug in pregnant women. The drug was then banned, again for pregnant women, in 1975 by Belgium, in 1976 by Canada, in 1977 by France, Germany, Austria and the Netherlands, in 1978 by Australia , in 1981 by Italy and in 1983 by Hungary.
But the deleterious effects of the drug on the offspring were irreversible for the generation of children exposed to DES in utero born between 1940 and 1980. The reproductive age, for these children, is mainly between 1975 and 2015: the problems genital and infertility problems posed by these adult children represent a genuine public health problem5,6
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/01/16, 14:31

Janic, sorry, but I don't understand much about your answer to my remark which was intended to supplement that of Did and not to dispute the content of your message, which preceded his ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."