Burn paper or cardboard in your stove = eco or cata?

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 28/08/08, 17:48

What is often a problem is the mixing of different materials on the same package.
I am thinking, for example, of envelopes with transparent windows.
Plastic with paper, it's silly ...
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 28/08/08, 17:48

To come back to the original question, I think it is more ecological to burn it in your stove than to have it recycled ... in China (which has become the biggest recycler of paper in the world).

The ecological cost of a sheet of paper that made the round trip Europe-China leaves me doubtful ...
More details : http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualit ... cycle.html
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/08/08, 17:51

In China??? What is this joke??? : Shock: : Shock:

If this is the case for us, I would never bring paper / cardboard back to the recycling center except the plasticized stuff!
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 28/08/08, 17:52

Targol wrote:To come back to the original question, I think it is more ecological to burn it in your stove than to have it recycled ... in China (which has become the biggest recycler of paper in the world).

The ecological cost of a sheet of paper that made the round trip Europe-China leaves me doubtful ...
More details : http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualit ... cycle.html

Damn, that, I was not aware (photovoltaic of course).

There is plenty of aberation like this! Like apples picked in France that leave for Poland to be packaged and return to the French or Belgian markets ... : Evil:
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 28/08/08, 18:15

Christophe wrote:In China??? What is this joke??? : Shock: : Shock:

If this is the case for us, I would never bring paper / cardboard back to the recycling center except the plasticized stuff!

Yes, yes, I saw that in a report on China and their port infrastructures (Thalassa?)
As we export our computer waste to India so that miserable people sort it out : Evil:

We will not change anything my Pôvre!

Courrage we'll get there :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 28/08/08, 18:18

Dear friends, let's unite to recycle ourselves ...
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 28/08/08, 21:00

I confirm for China and the boxes / papers, we have a company not far away that does that, it collects the boxes and papers that the local communal services actually pick up cubes and everything is sent to be recycled in China. And I can tell you that it's the parade of trucks from morning to night.

And it's the same for metals (copper, iron, etc ...) a huge amount goes directly to China.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/08/08, 11:53

it's desperate: we exhausted our metal mines there is a century but we could turn in a closed circuit with recycling: alas we send everything to China: in a while we will find ourselves in the m .... when the Chinese will raise the prices and that we won't be able to do anything anymore
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 29/08/08, 12:16

chatelot16 wrote:it is desperate: we exhausted our metal mines a century ago but we could turn in a closed circuit with recycling: alas we send everything to China: in a while we will find ourselves in the m .... when the Chinese will increase the prices and that we will be able to do nothing more

Absolutely, but that should not despair us, we can say it; to say that we must think and above all act differently ... We are on econology. : Arrowl:

From this point of view, we all generally agree, it appears that the idea of ​​burning your own non-toxic combustible waste for combustion is more ecological than having it recycled through official circuits. Circuits that cost us dearly on our taxes, whether it be our taxes on household waste or other taxes through the subsidies that recycling companies claim ... : Evil:

So if you have the time, the space, and the right heating system ... : Mrgreen:
Last edited by I Citro the 29 / 08 / 08, 12: 16, 1 edited once.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/08/08, 12:16

bad paper contains a lot of mineral matter: it burns badly in an ordinary fireplace

in addition it is bulky to store: if it is not stored dry in summer it is good for nothing wet in winter

I think of another solution for very bad paper: anaerobic digestion: it accepts any dirt: bacteria eat what is eaten and leave what is worth nothing: no risk of pollution with bad plastics which burn badly
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"