Air conditioning or open the drive?

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 04/05/06, 17:09

Hello everyone and thank you in advance to those who will be willing to consider the question that a newcomer asks you.

First of all, I hope I'm on the right forumif not, please excuse me (and possibly tell me on which forum to post).

So here it is, my question is the one summarized in the title. This is not to take into account the ecological footprint of adding an air conditioning to a car, I bought it from occaz and the air conditioning was already there (like almost all recent cars :frown: ). The subject is not there.

The question is, starting from this observation: I have an air conditioning in my car painted in anthracite gray (almost black) and I live in the southwest. is it better from an ecological point of view to drive with the windows half-open (and thus increase the CX therefore the fuel consumption) or put the air conditioning on a reasonable temperature (set at 24 ° C when it's 30 ° C outside).

I read everything and anything on the subject and wondered if in a forum who cares about ecology, I was finally going to be able to find an answer ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/05/06, 17:19

I think we can answer quite easily but it all depends on how much you drive ... and the influence on the Cx on the fact of opening the window (it will obviously depend on your car ... but this data is difficult to find )....

In town it is sure that opening the window is more interesting econologically ... at 160 I do not know.

But can't you use the car's "natural" air vents? (I have never used or even tested a car air conditioning ... so?)

In this case, the answer would obviously be obvious ...
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 04/05/06, 17:20

Dasn your research did you go on the sites a little serious: like 60 Mio of consumers, the auto mag ??
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/05/06, 17:44

freddau wrote:Dasn your research did you go on the sites a little serious: like 60 Mio of consumers, the auto mag ??

Uh ... does that mean we're serious steps here? : Cry:

Anyway there will never be the data of the Cx window open / closed in documents for the general public .... now do the manufacturers themselves determine the Cx window opened?
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 04/05/06, 18:01

Hello
The air conditioning eats more, but if you do not use it it sucks after a long time : Evil:
@
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 04/05/06, 18:03

Thank you for your answers.

For more details, I have a Picasso and my trip is 100% on departmentales on which I roll between 90 and 95KM / h
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Easter 85
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Easter 85 » 04/05/06, 19:46

Hello,
I saw a program on the satellite in which he was testing between 2 identical cars (2 new) at identical speed (80km / h) and on the circuit. The 2 cars had been drained of fuel by a dry breakdown and they had had the same amount afterwards. I no longer remember the adjustment of the air conditioning, but what is certain is that the test was clearly favorable to open windows ... This test was carried out under the supervision of a bailiff. Should this be considered the absolute truth ??? Everyone to see. cheerio
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 04/05/06, 23:00

hi, me on my bmw 84 I have turned all the air conditioning system that had to recharge etc ..., to gain weight in consumption; because even stopped, the belt takes effort. On my ford focus, it was series : Evil:(I would have preferred to pay less and without air conditioning) I use it at speed above 80 km / h and from time to time for "maintenance" (otherwise I open), it is 5 years old: never anything done, and it works! I regret that there is not a system like on my "deuch": an air shutter with a simple grid !! you can feel the wind in your face, you almost feel like you are on a motorbike! :D and no fan noise or turbulence !! .We regress on systems that were super simple, efficient, ecological and pleasant :| I am on the verge of making a hole in the focus, with a shutter ... the great class! : Cheesy:
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 05/05/06, 00:02

I'm more in Denis' opinion on this one.
An air conditioning is like an alternator, when you pull on it, you force on the engine, for the air conditioning you draw mechanical energy to transform it into cooling energy.
For the alternator, we draw mechanical energy, to make electrical energy.
It's white beanie and white beanie.
In both cases, we only follow successive stages of energy transformation.
This is where the manufacturers are not clever, they prefer to draw on petroleum energy to make cold, rather than draw on the heat energy lost in the exhaust.
Nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is transformed.
Except that in cars, there is a lot of heat energy loss.
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 05/05/06, 09:28

Econology wrote:
freddau wrote:In your research did you go on the sites a little serious: like 60 Mio of consumers, the auto mag ??

Uh ... does that mean we're serious steps here? : Cry:

Anyway there will never be the data of the Cx window open / closed in documents for the general public .... now do the manufacturers themselves determine the Cx window opened?

Taratata,

I really have a communication problem.
I wanted to say ..... serious sites, finally that I consider serious (on the net there is always everything and not imp) which make tests in real situation.

Econo is very serious
0 x