Air conditioning or open the drive?

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
bebeours
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bebeours » 05/05/06, 10:11

I saw a program above "mythbuster" they tested this thing and we found that at low speed, open windows consumes less and above 75km / h, it is the air conditioning which becomes less greedy in resource.
0 x
Christophe

Re: Air conditioning or open the window by car?

by Christophe » 05/05/06, 10:16

denis wrote:I regret that there is not a system like on my "deuch": an air shutter with a simple grid !! you can feel the wind in your face, you almost feel like you are on a motorbike!

Uh I will seem stupid but don't tell me that there is more air flap when you have air conditioning ???? If it is the case it is really stupid and the race for overconsumption !!

A new job is on the horizon: air conditioning dismantler :D

Otherwise, little V of a biker;)

bebeours wrote:I saw a program above "mythbuster" they tested this thing and we found that at low speed, open windows consumes less and above 75km / h, it is the air conditioning which becomes less greedy in resource.

This is what I thought ... but the 75 km / h must depend on the car if we want to be precise ... Conclusion: cut your air conditioning in town !! (but we already knew ...)

Too bad the manufacturers did not have the idea of ​​putting air conditioning by absorption (without mechanical energy or maintenance) ...

freddau wrote:Econo is very serious

Phew ... I was scared ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 05/05/06, 23:29

Besides that above a certain speed, we will not keep the window fully open and we will close it 3/4. So you would have to do a balance sheet with the window partially closed.
Last edited by Former Oceano the 06 / 05 / 06, 00: 42, 1 edited once.
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 06/05/06, 00:35

former oceanic wrote:Besides that above a certain speed, we will not keep the window fully open and we will close it 3/4. So you would have to redo a balance sheet with the window partially closed.

Another relevant remark, well seen!

Same fight same fight concerning "low consumption" household appliances
We say that devices consume less, but we do not take into account the life of the device and the energy cost to manufacture it.
It is good to consume half as much, but if it is to consume twice as much energy by making them ...
So, same for air conditioning, also take into account the energy cost to make them, especially if they are made to last, in the name of the sacrosanct profit!
0 x
Chuwee
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chuwee » 06/05/06, 01:09

First of all, hello everyone.

Small presentation but I already know that you will hate me : Cry: .
Chuwee, 23, lives in Metz, works in a nuclear power plant and drives a jeep wrangler ... : Cheesy:

Paldeolien wrote:This is where the manufacturers are not clever, they prefer to draw on petroleum energy to make cold, rather than draw on the heat energy lost in the exhaust.
Nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is transformed.
Except that in cars, there is a lot of heat energy loss.

Indeed, there is a lot of heat loss, being optimistic, 75%. To return to clims, there is a purely technical problem. The only usable energy without a huge extra weight would be the pressure created at the exhaust (like a turbo) and not the calories it gives off. Inconvenient, slowing the exhaust gas decreases the efficiency of the engine therefore overconsumption (which does not exist in the case of the turbo because it contributes to increase the efficiency of the latter). To use the analogy with the turbo, there are compressors which are therefore driven by belt, obviously, there is a loss due to friction and to the mechanical action of the compressor. In the field, we can see that losses, whether from the turbo or the compressor, mean that one system is no better than another.

There is no mystery, it is necessary to use a source of energy external to the vehicle ...

Another way to reduce the energy expenditure necessary for the operation of an engine would be to introduce a pseudo 5th cycle on our good old 4-stroke engine so that the pressure in the combustion chamber at PMB is very low.

Finally, it is not enough to ask manufacturers to create clean vehicles because ultimately the cumulative energy that costs the development, manufacture, use, deconstruction and recycling of such a vehicle is quite impressive. We must not delude ourselves, these vehicles correspond to a market demand and the manufacturers do not look more than that on the case of our planet otherwise I think we would see pantone reactors bloom everywhere (although ultimately the reserves of are not inexhaustible either).

Small example: http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/new ... 59574&pg=1

My jeep: $ 0.604 / mile
toyota prius: $ 3.249 / mile

Obviously, we are only at the beginning of hybrid vehicles ...

And there I will say my big bullshit, why not nuclear vehicles, very clean energy compared to the rest.
A 1300MW reactor consumes 23T of fuel per year.
A 500MW coal-fired power plant consumes 300T of fuel day .

With 2g we should be able to make kilometers ...

I stop it otherwise I left for the night : Cheesy:
Good night all...
Last edited by Chuwee the 08 / 05 / 06, 22: 45, 1 edited once.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 06/05/06, 04:35

Hello Messin

As for air conditioning in cars, most cars in North America have a system (bilevel) a ventilation with an additional air conditioning, the air conditioning is interesting precisely when you are caught in traffic in town and that you do not roll therefore for the use of kinetic energies of gases ...

In terms of better use of the exhaust gas exhaust, our grandfather understood that it is just that looking at the Citroen traction pistons were 75 mm and the stroke 100mm therefore a good relaxation dimension taken over the DS19, but which was abandoned in favor of a square and super-square engine, the manufacturers mainly make cars to sell them, not so that it is efficient and good ...
The air conditioning, the cruse control, the electric heated seats, electric window, remote starter, heating of the washer water ect .. it is a selling point, there is a clientele for these gadgets, when the auto aged all these accessories are lacking.

For your Jeep the published cost $ 0,604 / per mile, takes into account many things, and the tax reasons are different depending on the country, Here we pay annually for our cars the (plate) for you sticker, it works by vehicle weight , you are the fiscal CVs.
I made a trip between Montreal and Quebec back and forth in a Warranger, I found it tiring and painful, to baraud in town and in the woods paths it is perfect, there was an electric winch in front when we stay stuck ..
Consumption is easy to walk at 14 liters per 100km and in the wood it rises much more than that. When you ride on (beef)

Small question since you work in a nuclear power station, the cooling tubes of the reactor exchanger are supposed to be in inconel 600 or more recently in 702?
It is this material that I am testing for the reactor rod.

Andre
0 x
Chuwee
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chuwee » 06/05/06, 07:24

It is precisely because it is of rustic design, without plastics everywhere, without option, etc. that the jeep is profitable on the energy balance. Inconvenient, it is true that it is uncomfortable especially if like mine it is still a blade vehicle but good, even by doing 80 km per day, it is bearable : Lol: .

For the GV, I inquire and I keep you informed ...
It seems to me that it is 600 except a few sites in 690.
It also seems to me that the new GVs are of a different Inconel alloy.
0 x
Knut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Knut » 06/05/06, 12:33

On VOLVO 850 in 2.5L20V, the air conditioning is automatic ... we leave it all the time although we can deactivate it ... not recommended by the manufacturer.

One, because otherwise it will break down or rot.

Two, because the engine is powerful enough and the injection well managed, so that the air conditioning hardly consumes.
When accelerating, the LH jétronic 3.1 & 4.2 or the motronic, cut the compressor, to put it in full force when descending or braking.

Three, Having traveled 1.5 million kilometers in 25 years of career, I affirm that the air conditioning, during acanicles as strong precipitations, is an absolutely incredible element of security.

Four, I'm one of the people who can stand the cold very well, live in short-sleeved shirts down to -20 ° C, but melt in the heat ... an increasingly painful handicap.

More ...

the air conditioning, if it is an insensitive gain for a big road on long journeys (I consume less with the air conditioning than without, probably because open windows I rush to make myself air), I am convinced that for a small displacement , it must be a big factor of overconsumption, comm the DA, the BVA ....

What to do window shopping in air-conditioned twingo in Paris is crazy! In addition, angina provided by thermal contrast.

The pantone can still offer an interesting solution ... since the reactor is icing.

There's just !
0 x
zac

by zac » 06/05/06, 16:58

Knut wrote:The pantone can still offer an interesting solution ... since the reactor is icing.

Hello

If you come across a "frosted" reactor, : Idea: give me a sign; because I climbed a few dozen and I rather burned myself : Evil:
can be in québec, in winter, when the vehicle has been stopped since the day before?
@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 06/05/06, 18:47

zac wrote:
Knut wrote:The pantone can still offer an interesting solution ... since the reactor is icing.

Hello

If you come across a "frosted" reactor, : Idea: give me a sign; because I climbed a few dozen and I rather burned myself : Evil:
can be in québec, in winter, when the vehicle has been stopped since the day before?
@+

Exact Zac, because as far as I know, to make a gas frost, it has to be under pressure, it has to relax, and again, not just anyway, because the shape of the wall on which relaxes the gas, allows or not icing. And there are other factors involved as well.
This is the Joule-Thomson effect.
0 x