Tips: reduce consumption at home

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 08/02/12, 16:10

lejustemilieu wrote:
Matt113 wrote:A bit annoying to unplug his battery every night. not the fact of doing it but the maladjustment of ODBs, coded stations, keys associated with the car.

+1 : Cheesy: I had not thought about it, not yet had such a modern car.

Yes, it seems easier to complete the load with a small solar panel (especially for those who make small trips).
Of course he will not charge the night, but he will keep it busy all the time.
(and then, if you really felt the need to remove the battery, it's certainly because the car is sleeping outside => there may be street lights that can light up the solar panel 8) )
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/02/12, 08:58

indy49 wrote:
lejustemilieu wrote:
Matt113 wrote:A little annoying to unplug his battery every night ...

+1 : Cheesy: I had not thought about it, not yet had such a modern car.

Yes, it seems easier to complete the load with a small solar panel (especially for those who make small trips).
Of course he will not charge the night, but he will keep it busy all the time.
For those who do not park the car in the street but at home, an on-board charger is a good solution, there are also insulating battery protections, I had it on a volvo. And there are also heating films that can be used in addition.
Currently, I'm thinking about electric coolant heaters that plug into the 220V. This preheats the mechanics and the cabin.
8)
Of course I reiterate the wisdom advice on battery maintenance and cold weather starting.
I just bought a minivan 1997, and the battery does not exceed 11.8V, but I redid the electrolyte levels. It starts well (for now) while it does not roll often, but I disengaged before turning the key.
0 x
poiz12
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Tips: Reduce your consumption at home

by poiz12 » 01/03/18, 09:25

Already we must start by reducing its electricity consumption and frankly it is not complicated. I read everywhere on the forum that some put leds bulbs, necessarily it is not enough. There are a lot of things to do (https://www.leguideargent.com/baisser-facture-electricite/)

But tell yourself that electricity is still expensive and that there will always be minimal expenses.

Also look at the consoglobe tips: https://www.consoglobe.com/15-astuces-reduire-facture-electricite-3524-cg

Me it's more gas savings that interest me.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Tips: Reduce your consumption at home

by moinsdewatt » 06/07/18, 23:12

Phones kill the planet even faster than expected

Spotted by Nina Pareja - 5 July 2018

Do you compulsively buy all the latest iPhones? There is nothing to be proud of ...

Every year, you change your phone. You have just purchased a connected speaker to go with your connected watch. But when you charge your phone at the station, you pedal-that's fine. In reality, not that much. Study confirms that buying a new smartphone consumes more energy than using the same phone for ten years.

This work by two researchers from McMaster University in the United States was published in the Journal of Cleaner Production. They analyzed the carbon footprint of the information and communications technology (ICT) industry and made predictions for 2040. Their work includes laptops, screens, smartphones and servers.

Researchers first point out that small appliances today do not consume necessarily less energy than older models, type big computer tower. On the contrary, the environmental impact of ICTs is constantly increasing. While this industry accounted for only 1% of the carbon footprint in 2007, this figure has already tripled and is expected to exceed 14% by 2040. This represents half of the transportation industry - aircraft, trains, buses, cars, etc.

The devil smartphone

Smartphones have become more or less disposable, with a life expectancy of two years on average. The problem is that building a new phone, especially because of the rare metals that make it up, represents 85% at 95% of its CO2 emissions. Buying a new phone represents the same energy expense as recharging and using it for ten years.

There is better, however, in our uses. While in 2013, people changed phones every twenty months, they would change today rather every twenty-nine months. But, in an attempt to make up for lost profits, companies are building larger, more equipped phones. The very ones whose production consumes more energy. An iPhone 6s uses 57% more CO2 than an iPhone 4s. These devices are few to be recycled, 1% according to the study.

Keeping your phone three years instead of two already has a big impact on your carbon footprint. It's a bit the same principle as buying a used car, explains the Co.Design reporter.

In addition to manufacturing smartphones, data centers and servers are burning energy: 45% of emissions from the ICT industry by 2020, according to scientists. Every search, every unnecessary tweet, every article is put on the cloud using energy.

For Lotfi Belkhir, one of the two researchers responsible for the survey, governments are best able to provide solutions by imposing taxes. Google, Facebook and Apple have all promised to switch to 100% renewable systems, Apple will soon achieve this goal, but it is not enough. "It's encouraging, but I do not think it's moving the crux of the problem," says the scientist.

The multiplication of connected devices may not make things better. "If this trend increases, one can only wonder the impact of these new tools on data centers, in addition to the energy consumption to make them," reads the study. "Unless all structures go to 100% Renewable, it could well increase CO2 emissions well above our predictions."

http://www.slate.fr/story/164204/teleph ... ironnement
0 x