Ecological wicker baskets from tunisia

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
energethic
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Ecological wicker baskets from tunisia

by energethic » 17/03/09, 21:21

Hello everybody

I see frequently in supermarkets in people doing their shopping in wicker baskets made in Tunisia (as it is usually written Djerba on the basket),
it's very pretty, green, traditional and more practical,

and as it's easier to ask questions about a forum to go ask them directly to people, I wanted to know if there are any who know where I could buy this type of basket, it's been a while since I look but to no avail

do not tell me that you have to travel to Tunisia to get it because it's not very profitable economically

Goods.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 17/03/09, 22:00

I do not know Tunisia.
But in Magreb, shopping baskets (baskets), were not wicker.
They were made with cultured alpha, or with wild palmetto (or doum).

Do not they look like that?
http://www.baboucheshop.com/paniers-en- ... at_14.html

Although here, in the basket range, there are some:
http://www.tazapanier.com/sac-en-doum.php
0 x
energethic
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by energethic » 17/03/09, 22:37

super nice of you gegyx, and besides that's exactly what i'm looking for ..

but did you try to buy from this site :?:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 17/03/09, 23:02

I was referring only to baskets that I knew.
The links of these sites come from an immediate Googol search, to show photos. But the sites are more of Moroccan export (are more traders? : Cheesy: ).

For the awards, it's up to you. In principle, at first, it's worth that slab.
So to do more of the fair, search as direct with the words "bassinet", "doum" ...
0 x
energethic
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by energethic » 18/03/09, 10:35

indeed, it is Moroccan export,
Well....
I think it would be more practical to ask a Moroccan friend to bring me Morocco, I know a lot who return home regularly ...

at the same time, if someone from forum he wants, he can ask me 8)
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 18/03/09, 13:21

Hello !

Otherwise, there are still weavers and osieries in France.
And we can find baskets on most of the country markets.

Even better: learn to braid your basket yourself. It's not rocket science and so satisfying!
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
energethic
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by energethic » 18/03/09, 14:02

not bad as an idea !!

I wish we had learned how to braid a wicker basket,
it would be super brown, and I could do a lot of things with: niche for the little kitten, basket for lingerie, bag on the rack of the bicycle, finally, everyone can work his imagination as he wants after,

and like that, we will be real actors in the preservation of the planet ...

but where to find the "one" who could teach us these things ...
Should it be possible to travel in a company?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/03/09, 20:54

energethic wrote:
and like that, we will be real actors in the preservation of the planet ...

I think it would be better to write "real actors of his own life", as for the planet, it must be understood that it has absolutely nothing to fear.
This ready-made formula seems to me intellectually dangerous because it defers the threats on an entity rather abstract by its immensity. From then on, “gestures for the planet” (another ready-made formula) appear rather as a way of giving ourselves a clear conscience when it is the survival of the human species that is at stake.

As for basketry, you should find doc in abundance on the web; there are also quite a few books on the subject.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
energethic
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by energethic » 19/03/09, 14:33

Thank you for your answer,

you are right when you say that man is in danger because of ecological problems,
but these problems have direct repercussions visible on the planet much more than on the man, at least until today,

so, to be more realistic and therefore convincing when it comes to these topics, it is better to focus more on the planet than on the man ....

and to come back to my wicker topic,
I did a little research on the internet, but all the courses of basketry that I find is carried out in companion, and it is a pity that I do not find one nearby here in Ile de France.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/03/09, 20:02

It's not only the internships, there are lots of books or others on the subject and it is not, after all, not that difficult: it's quite comparable to weaving.

Not at all agree with you on your strategy facing the ecological challenge.

1- evoking the worrying state of the planet is demobilizing because for the majority of your contemporaries, the planet is an abstract space, an indeterminate elsewhere which it would be well to take care of but which passes well after the daily occupations.

2 - Ecology is the knowledge of globality, both in space and time. I say "knowledge" and not science on purpose because science persists in dissecting reality and thus making its meaning obscure: ecology is not against science but it is profoundly different.

If we consider the gravity of the threats to our species, not today, but in the very short term, the action is necessary, not by mere moral duty, but by an imperative need that only a huge blindly and the belief in our invulnerability prevents us from feeling.

I would also like to react to your sentence:
thus, to be more realistic and therefore convincing when one addresses these subjects, it is better to put the focal point more on the planet than on the man ....

This is not to be convincing, ecology is not the latest fashionable product that it is "sell". To convince is to replace one belief with another, it is totally sterile.
We must go beyond the infantile stage of belief to access enlightened judgment. The only thing that is worth asking is to raise questions, to provide information, to pose the problems in such a way as to disassemble the dominant discourse to reveal the contradictions, the approximations and the omissions. In short, allow (or at least try) to give back an autonomy of thought.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."