internet sustainable fashion web, too sour websites

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

internet sustainable fashion web, too sour websites

by Christophe » 28/04/09, 14:43

We were waiting for the explosion of web 2.0 ("participatory web" where site administrators have almost nothing to do in terms of content because it is made by members: example par excellence Fessbook or "the" Youtube ...) but it did not really take place (except for the example cited above) but a new fashion is coming: the fashion for "Green" or "green" websites ... the environment is probably the subject that is at the origin more creation of new sites currently!

So what should we think, we "old" webmasters who do something other than "surf green"? The answer is: not that good!

a) first of all these new sites are competitive with ours, and, if the visual quality is often "top", the content and the interest are often "flop" ...

b) indeed; their content is often very windy: no relevant analysis, at best they copy / paste arguments from ADEME or other sources ...

c) Most of these sites have a very professional look and design, proof that they were made by "business men" ... but the bottom remains ridiculously empty ... the same blah that we see everywhere! On the other hand: Econologie.com is very ugly, don't you think? : Cheesy:

d) Some nevertheless propose "new concepts" some of which are more than doubtful.

An example that I find "green pipo": make your website energetically "green"!

How? 'Or' What ? By paying US a monthly fee based on the number of YOUR visitors (for saving it would be 100 € per month, huge !!) and we commit to reverse (a small)% of this money in green energies ... Ah Business Green when you hold us ... There are a lot of pigeons who are fooled from what I have seen ... they would do better to take a green electricity contract at home: it would be more efficient and their would cost much less!

In short all this to tell you (as the other would say): beware of counterfeits especially when it's too green! (Zavé noticed that there is no green on Econologie.com or even on the store, do you think this is a coincidence!)

ps: I didn't talk about "green cybershop" because it bothers me less, better to sell green than "gray" as long as there is no "green overcharging" ... (far from always be!)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/04/09, 14:51

Keep a subject to complete this one: https://www.econologie.com/forums/greenwashi ... t6112.html

In particular this part, I allow myself to self-quote:

Christophe wrote:Here are some ways to detect eco-opportunistic sales sites on the Internet:

a) make a whois on the domain name: www.whois.ws this will give the date of creation of the site: the more recent it is, the more chance it is of ecoloportunism! Especially if it is ONLY a shop with nothing else on the site!

b) look at who really manages these sites with the page "who are we" (or "contact us" or equivalent): often it comes from a business school or worse I have already seen former financiers or bankers .. . : Shock:

c) last but not least: compare the prices! but that I trust you, there are so many tools on the net to do it!

And beware if:

a) the more green there is on the screen, the more likely it is green propaganda to sell yourself better: count the% of area of ​​green colors on the screen!

b) they assure you, by putting it well forward, that they donate a% of their profits to environmental protection associations ... because even if it is true: it is a stupid trap and a commercial argument which I consider as an "incentive to the forced sale"!

ps: for other sites (not 100% boutique) and from a certain size: beware when there are no ads, this probably means that an interest group is behind ...
0 x
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 28/04/09, 15:45

Personally, I don't really know what to say, this theme has been bothering me for some time!

I have a site under management (abandoned!) but the forum is nice ! at the beginning it dealt with my job, and took funny ecological turns !!!!

no big deal, there are more and more childminders made aware of ecology and that's good!

otherwise, no advertising, no moralizing speeches, everyone does as they want!

but it is becoming more and more difficult to nab objective information on the net without being polluted by commercial sites! shame.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 28/04/09, 15:58

: Idea: Recently, I thought about my participation in econo:
The more you answer, the more you learn (sometimes you slap : Cheesy: )
So, for a subject as important as ecology, you have to hang on, it always ends up paying off in the right direction.
I am not talking about money, but an interior change that is happening very slowly.
Because there is a lot to change in our mentalities of "haves"
Regarding economy, we must also take the time to read posts that we do not "like" too much, because sometimes they open our eyes to interesting realities. :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 28/04/09, 16:15

ok for the analysis, either you answer or you learn.

But there are still a lot of sites where you don't learn anything! worse, where one tries (widely used commercial process) to create some confusion in the minds of people, sometimes a certain phobia, for a single commercial purpose.

There, I do not find it desirable.

in this case, you don't learn anything and there is not much to answer.
0 x