Washing machine and water consumption

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
wistiti68 @
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by wistiti68 @ » 24/12/07, 10:38

Mouai, none of the Miele machines that I saw went below 7.8 liters per kilo of laundry, while among the competition there are several that arrive at 7.
In addition if the Haier Wash2o type machines and the hypothetical Daewoo Midas develop and optimize their water consumption too, I would not necessarily be reluctant to change my machine in 6 or 7 years.
Besides, I don't have the budget for a Miele anyway.

Thank you for your jessle link. At least a priori we can trust the advertised features.

I think when I'm going to take a big capacity machine anyway. They have a better water yield and it is better to plan for the future.
And then if the anti-bleeding wipes are really effective I could perhaps mix white and color and arrive at a complete machine per week so it would be worth it.
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 24/12/07, 13:47

wistiti68 @ wrote:Mouai, none of the Miele machines that I saw went below 7.8 liters per kilo of laundry, while among the competition there are several that arrive at 7.

I think when I'm going to take a big capacity machine anyway. They have a better water yield and it is better to plan for the future.
And then if the anti-bleeding wipes are really effective I could perhaps mix white and color and arrive at a complete machine per week so it would be worth it.

Also see the effectiveness of washing / rinsing ... and there is no miracle ... : Mrgreen:
The lifespan of a machine depends a lot on its use: for example by washing twice a day, overloaded, at 2 °, spinning thoroughly, with aggressive detergent and water, it is sure that it will hold much shorter than for "normal" use, but I know 95 people who have had Miele for ages, and in both cases there was no repair for at least 2 years ... My neighbors who have 2 children , die a low-end washing machine in 15-6 years, because the machine runs every day at least 2x ...

absorbent wipes work well, but personally I only use them when I wash a new garment whose behavior I don't know: it's been 25 years since I mixed white * and colorfast colors and it's very rare to have bad surprises ...

* the only white I have are tshirts and tea towels inherited from my grandmother in Egyptian cotton with incredible strength and 80 years old !!! or the curtains that I wash anyway except ... white shirts? I do not have any ... or "suit" for that matter : Cheesy:
0 x
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 30/12/07, 09:48

good yesterday i was in germany
for washing machines it's about the same price + or - 50 euro difference as in France.
However, they are all very efficient.
On fifteen models exposed they were all a / a / a or b
Only one consumed 1.14 kw and 52l for all the models.
On the other hand, none of these models are sold in France, I suppose, because I haven't found them on the net.

Anyone know the EBD brand
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 30/12/07, 09:58

[Url] http://www.ebd.de/

Apparently only sold in Germany and German-speaking countries

Note that although living 25km from the Rhine, I never buy anything in Germany ... although the Michelin tires are apparently much cheaper there ...
Last edited by Chatham the 30 / 12 / 07, 10: 03, 1 edited once.
0 x
wistiti68 @
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by wistiti68 @ » 30/12/07, 10:02

Ah because there are still category B or C machines sold in France ??
In the stores I can't say, I never look. But on French websites on the internet I have never had the opportunity to find one that is not in A or A + in energy and A in washing. just there are some which are in C in spinning but it is rather rare.
0 x
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 30/12/07, 10:33

The consumptions displayed were lower between the supermarket near my house where there is only one machine which consumes 1.02kw with 52 l and in Germany where they were practically all less than 1kw and less than 50l there is a small difference.

I found two 5kg models which consume 0.85kw / 45l / 1200tr
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 30/12/07, 11:41

it remains to be seen which washing program is taken as a reference for the measurements: are the measurement standards identical in Germany (TUV) and in France (UTAC)? that could explain certain differences ... should compare a given model available on the 2 markets (Bosch, Miele, Siemens, etc ...)
0 x
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 30/12/07, 12:28

cotton program 60 degrees the problem is that the models sold in germany i can't find them in france.
by cons no honey.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 02/01/08, 21:46

For longevity I prefer loading from above because there are 2 grooves to hold the drum against a single bearing for front loading.

I also tried to look for a low-consumption machine with 2 water inlets a few years ago and finally I opted for a machine that weighs laundry to optimize the amount of water.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Flytox

by Flytox » 03/01/08, 00:36

Hello ex-océano
former oceanic wrote:For longevity I prefer loading from above because there are 2 grooves to hold the drum against a single bearing for front loading.

The Miele which dropped me 2 times in 12 years had 2 bearings (top loading) and did not last longer for that. It is rather a story of lip seals that works in good conditions. No lime / detergent deposit on the shaft which feeds the seal and / or the shaft, allows water to enter ... and kills the bearing. :frown:

After why is there a deposit on the tree ??? Abnormal water height in the tank, favorable temperature for deposit ???

Why is it eaten so "fast" ???
concentricity circularity of the joint and the shaft, hardness of the shaft facing the joint, stack effect between the various materials ??? etc ...

The "record" of longevity, for a Lincoln washing machine from 40 years ago belonging to my aunt, huge (a cube of 1m side), with nothing automatic .... but 25 years without failure before may lightning destroy it. : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132