Fast Food Bio at Quick

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/09/10, 20:07

So that is discussed Obamot, it is as if one said: it is good because it is natural! Error: there must be a few thousand deadly plants in the world ... : Cheesy:

I disagree: Quick doesn't cheat anyone because their hamburger is organic ... even if it is organic junk food ... does not prevent it is (a little) less junk food than non organic ...

If Quick had indicated "Bio Dietetic Hamburger" without changing the composition, there yes ... there would be a deception but it is not the case !!

Organic does not mean dietetic !! You can eat organic frying (potatoes + organic oil) every day ... you will not be too fit after a few months ... (weeks?)

Sorry but I still think that this initiative on the part of Quick is good because, somewhere, it allows democratize organic and this shows, to the general public, that organic is not just vegetables with forgotten names and sheep cheese ... : Cheesy:
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 25/09/10, 20:34

Organic or not organic, what is most shocking in fast foods is packaging and other disposable products
It is an aberration to put so much in the trash for a single meal.
Not to mention the customers (especially the macdo) who leaves their mac drive where they are after eating
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 25/09/10, 20:45

Developing organic is a good initiative, certainly, but it is only a marketing strategy to grab shares from competitors.
Quincke also launched (successfully) Hallal fast food.
Their goal is therefore not to promote virtuous products, but to attract more customers by expanding the range that's all ... (people who eat organic generally avoid fast food).
Positive point, competitors will be forced to follow.

Remember that organic should be the norm ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/09/10, 20:50

I'm not necessarily saying the opposite, except that you have to see that in this file - "bio" or not "bio" - what matters above all in terms of priority it is the "acid / base" imbalance... (which itself is part of a whole in which it is "contained") As such, encouraging / democratizing organic junk food involves the danger of making it above all a "cultural" problem (ie we will at McDonald's with friends ... and especially girlfriends!) who will become "de facto" nutritional ... then late a chronic public health problem! In this sense the health authorities are guilty and responsible for not following directives "by omission". Since the problem is known.

In addition, to achieve this goal with "fast food":

Christophe wrote:I disagree: Quick doesn't cheat anyone because their hamburger is organic ... even if it's organic junk food ... it is (a little) less junk food than non organic...

... still would it be necessary that:
- the "organic trans fatty acids" are less worse than "trans fatty acids " (it's not, it's kif-kif) ...
- the bread-meat association is no longer carried out (it is not) ...
- the product has fewer hypertensive effects (ingredients "bio" or not, if we do not change the amount of salt it will not change anything, it is the amount recognized as excessive which will produce the same bad effect) ...
- same for the effect of cola, fries with overheated fat, ketchup "bio" or not (it should, although being "bio" that they are not associated together in the organism, if at all, but it would not be called a "hamburgrer") ...
- the cooking mode changes so as not to always deliver as many toxins ...
- a less large acid imbalance = base is provided by an "organic" product (this cannot be the case) ...
- that there is above all what it lacks: that is to say the nutritional supplements which the hamburger lacks by nature.
and last but not least, to enlarge the feature: at the limit that they are no longer sold after 18 p.m. (because in principle you should not eat meat products in the evening ... "bio" or not...)

In other words: that "fast food" become of "low food". And for that, the authorities should have the courage to grasp the problem in order to issue rules "law food". It exists, but the huge financial interests of agribusiness make it all too shy.

The proper reasoning you hold had been commented on by Dr. Kousmine who said in his lectures, that "if we do not eat organic, it is not very important, since our body is largely equipped to compensate for products containing synthetic products". That was ... 30 years ago! In reality, given the number of new synthetic chemical substances in circulation each year (~ 4000 => 40'000 in just ten years ... and which have poorly known cross-effects), I would rather agree with you: expose ourselves as little as possible, so don't eat it! (As much as possible, but let's try to make it happen without feeling like we are "deprived", which does not achieve this goal is simple "food psychology"!).

But in this practical case, the fact that a product is "bio" or not plays only too minor a role for it to become significant, since cooking and the associated products release much more toxins than * organic virtues * could never eliminate ... Your "bio-balance" will therefore be negative anyway. and the real "attack" they are on our liver, heart and digestive system, further darkens the picture.

Finally about individual characteristics (ie depending on our own metabolic reactions, which change from one individual to another): it is junk food or it is not ... it can not to be "a little less bad". If there is bad ... it is junk food, if it is good, it is not. Bar point!

I'm not dogmatic, I try to explain myself with an association of ideas: it's not as if the body of a car is "a little less dirty" because we would have just cleaned it with distilled water ... This is the engine, even if you put 1l. drain oil "bio" to compensate for the oil level, you would have clogged your engine as much as with normal, synthetic or semi-synthetic oil (it will always remain drain oil ...). As such, it should be understood that the effect on the body is worse, because each centiliter of saturated fat (and / or "trans" fatty acid) requires as many polyunsaturated fatty acids (of "cis" form) to be eliminated from the body (it is a little as if the added oil had the property of making the piston adhere to the combustion chamber instead of playing a role of lubricant ... One of the main reasons for which those who consume these products become obese).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/10/10, 09:43

phil53 wrote:Organic or not organic, what is most shocking in fast foods is packaging and other disposable products
It is an aberration to put so much in the trash for a single meal.
Not to mention the customers (especially the macdo) who leaves their mac drive where they are after eating

a) Yes, but still sorry to defend them: it is much less worse than before because until around the year 2000 or so, the quick and macdo packaging was made of 2 or 3 mm polystyrene (just to keep the hot)...

Now it's cardboard ... whose impact (and the cost for them I bet) is still much lower. In volume it's impressive but in impact it's not huge.

The big pigs who leave their macdrive on the parking lot or on the road I don't even talk about it ... but it's not macdo's fault, hey they just have to make a system of instructions for their waste : Cheesy: : Idea:

b) Look at what waste you have in your trash after a meal "at home" bought in a supermarket, you will be surprised ... and there is not just cardboard! For example, it is almost impossible to find, except at the butcher or frozen, meat that is not in cellophane + polystyrene ...

In proportion I am convinced that you will have more plastic than in a fast food ...

c) After to do well, we should see the indirect costs but for that, we don't have the figures ...

Obamot wrote:... still would it be necessary that:

Yes you are right, the organic balance sheet of an even organic burger is not good but it remains organic and therefore I think that you are still confusing ORGANIC food and BALANCED and HEALTHY food ....

As said above: we can very well eat ORGANIC in a NON HEALTHY way... organic fries made in organic oil saturated and saturated with bad hydrogenated fats will not be good for health ... but it will remain organic!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/10/10, 15:18

No, I answered that:

Christophe wrote:real progress responding to a request from society?

Besides the name "Bio from Danone" had to be withdrawn for the same questions of abuse of language ... (Yet it was only yogurt) We will see how long they will take before someone points the finger ...

But to answer the initial question, one last time: so much the better if the organic corresponds to a demand, but no it is not a "advanced".

... and worse as long as the packaging is not organic, I don't buy it. N / A! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/10, 16:49

Intriguing, we knew that fat kept (except living things ...) but at this point ...

McDonald's Happy Meal does not rot, even after six months

A McDonald's Happy Meal menu was photographed daily for six months and showed no signs of decay. American artist Sally Davies left a burger and fries on a shelf in her apartment for six months for a project called The Happy Meal Project. None showed signs of mold or rot. (To see all the photos of this project, click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sallydavie ... 739645253/ )

Davies says: “I bought this menu on April 10 this year and left it at home with the intention of seeing what would happen. I chose McDonald's because it was the closest to at home but I could have had any other fast food in New York. "

"The first thing that struck me was that on the second day of the experiment it was no longer emitting any odor. My dogs were already no longer trying to see what was up there. The fries were a bit shriveled like the meat in the burger but the overall appearance of the whole thing has not changed over the weeks or over the months. Six months later the food looks like plastic to the touch and 'acrylic shine. "

The only real change according to Davies is that the food has "become rock hard". McDonald's spokesperson Danya Proud said the claims that their products were not biodegradable were "nothing more than a bizarre accusation ... and completely bogus"!

Of the.
19/10/10 14h25

http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/1518/Sante/a ... mois.dhtml

Reaction of the interested party:

What happens when a McDonald's menu is left outside for six months? Nothing, and that's the problem. The American firm explains.

After the shocking anti-McDonald's ad that we showed you in September, here is a new project that is likely to further upset the leaders of the fast-food chain. New York photographer Sally Davies has indeed taken on a Happy Meal Art Project. After buying a children's menu, she put it in her living room ... and waited to see what was going on, taking pictures of the food every day. Only problem: from month to month, fries, bread and meat barely shrivel up and do not mark the slightest sign of mold!

An experiment which unfortunately recalls that already led by Morgan Spurlock in the film Super Size Me, when the director of the documentary had placed several types of burgers and fries in jars and had waited in vain for the decomposition of McDo fries. So many shocking images that make industrial food from the fast-food chain more and more suspect. Because what the devil can it contain that makes it so immortal?

Update: Faced with the internet buzz generated by the photos of Sally Davies, McDonald's decided to counterattack in a statement on its site. "It is difficult to give a detailed explanation to these statements without knowing the exact conditions under which the menu was kept for six months" begins by advancing, cautiously, the American firm.

She nevertheless recalls in passing that her meat does not contain preservatives, then continues: "In the absence of sufficient humidity [...], bacteria, mold and decomposition become unlikely. [...] in fact, any food from a restaurant or supermarket or prepared at home that lacked moisture would dehydrate in the same way. " We will not try the experiment on our next pepper steak, but some doubts remain.

By Géraldine Dormoy, Lexpress.fr Styles

http://levifweekend.rnews.be/fr/style-d ... 462296.htm
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/10/10, 18:04

Like organic, has worms, small animals (checked on salads) and rots much faster than non-organic, it is not real organic !!!
It is organic irradiated or treated with bleach !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/10, 18:13

Uh there's a bug: we're not talking about the organic mac of quick there ...
It's a perfectly normal burger from Daube Mac

On the other hand the answer on the lack of humidity is correct. We even find natural mummies thanks to this phenomenon. So as long as the photographer's apartment was very healthy on the humidity side, it is quite possible that the (rapid) drying avoids rotting.

Doing the same thing in a humid cellar would probably not give the same result ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/10/10, 18:32

You just put your finger on the essential element of this junk food. It is a totally devitalized food. So even "organic", it will still not be "a step forward". :?
0 x