Barbecue: consume less charcoal

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Flytox

by Flytox » 14/06/09, 22:24

Hello Citro

citro wrote:Not even provocative ... You just taught me. : Shock:
By the way, when we say tinned, it is with pure tin or an alloy or a generic term like chromium or nickel which are not always so with chromium or nickel but which resemble it ... :?:

Is there a ban on these tinned products. :?:
Tin, it is everywhere in the welds of our pipes ... :|

Normally tinned is for something covered with tin. Those of ordinary skill in the art will usually use the term appropriate to the coating applied. It's more complicated when there are several layers of different deposits stacked on top of each other : Mrgreen: .

http://www.tade.fr/cuivre.htm

Because it diffuses heat perfectly, the red copper, formerly called "bronze of Cyprus", remains unmatched
for large kitchen. A diaper food tin, applied hot and dried after use, will remain indefinitely. This tinning whitens the copper but, above all, protects from its acid taste. Tinned copper is maintained in the same way as silver metal.

In any case the lobbies are capable of dressing harmful or even toxic products with the "Food" label .....

http://www.etainpassion.com/metal.asp

Its value lies in the fact that it does not oxidize easily and that it does not form, on contact with food, toxic compounds unlike other metals such as copper or lead.

It reminds me of an anecdote lived with my dentist. Thirty years ago. I learn that amalgams to plug cavities are made, among other things, with mercury. I take offense and ask him for explanations, why a product recognized as toxic will land in our fillings in the mouth in addition !?

He replied (implying that I am a little idiot who understood nothing) that it is a very good product that poses no problems. I resume this conversation some 5 years ago with this same dentist who tells me that these mercury fillings are responsible for many chronic diseases and even heart problems and that it was necessary to remove them from very many patients .... who healed very quickly afterwards.

Moral of this story, a toxic product whatever its "food" form has no place in the food circuit!
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 20/06/09, 10:03

Hi barbecue champions

Lietseu you talked about the Weber ball barbecue which looks great like everything. That said, there are several models:
Type Gold with ashtray
Silver type ... without
What about the difference in user comfort?

What about the models of other brands like Invicta Grenada ( http://www.rueducommerce.fr/m/ps/mpid:MP-0AE73M116118#moid:MO-0AE73M225987 ?

Good after some research, I came across the brand COBB ( http://www.cuisine-cobb.com/saveurs/ ). Does somebody know ? Uses? Is it big enough for 4 including at least one "good" eater : Cheesy:

On the other hand, do you know if it is possible to use a rocket stove instead of barbecue? What would be the disadvantages if there are any?

Questions day gone hop!

Thank you in advance.
0 x
Frederic
the boulle
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by the boulle » 20/06/09, 10:56

to use less charcoal : Lol:

a gas barbecue : Shock: :D : Lol: :P :| :x

loooooooooooooooool good week to you ..................... : Cheesy:
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 23/09/09, 10:42

Hello little wolves,

Bearded bearded season ends (well, for some because for me, it's all year round) and like every year, I realize one thing, that nothing beats barbecue at the wild.

So, for a good barbecue, choose beautiful large stones. Do not take especially stones like shales which tend to roll or even burst.
Large stones have the advantage, when they are well chosen, of placing the meat at the ideal distance and of giving a refractory effect which makes it possible to maintain an ideal temperature and thus save charcoal.

Another nice little tool is the special stainless steel BBQ pan which distributes the heat well and also cooks small pieces without seeing them disappear in the embers' hell.

A sprig
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/09, 10:55

Hey back greg! Are you coming out of summer hibernation? :)

Pfff "wild" using charcoal from delhaize ??? Image

Who are you kidding, Greg? Hihihihi!

A real wild bbq is with wood frankly picked up (not cut green of course, picked up) and with a grid of old supermarket caddy cut out, the rest of the caddy can be used to bring kro packs :)

Good without laughing and to revive this subject a little in another way of research: and if we studied the possibility of having a bbq with household biogas?

Indeed: if the biogas from the compostable waste of a household is largely insufficient for the heating needs, it can largely be for cooking and therefore for bbq ...
0 x
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 23/09/09, 11:06

and for what not to use the cow dung of the neighbor?

Personally cook with m ..... it does not give me too hungry!
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 23/09/09, 11:16

Christophe wrote:A real wild bbq is with wood frankly picked up (not cut green of course, picked up) and with a grid of old supermarket caddy cut out, the rest of the caddy can be used to bring kro packs :)

Where I was, there was no wood since I was in a gravel pit and I was certainly not going to take the risk of doing that near a wood with the drought that we know today!

Kro ??? You want to kill me???Image

In China, they already use domestic bio gas to cook, I saw a report not too long ago!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/09, 13:03

Hasardine wrote:and for what not to use the cow dung of the neighbor?

Personally cook with m ..... it does not give me too hungry!

Well it is possible but must be dried! : Cheesy:

Well, the Tuareg cook with dried camel droppings ... there isn't necessarily too much wood in the desert ...

ps: I am serious with this biogas project. Yes greg in China and in some regions of Africa (cf: biogas Africa ) ... but with us nothing ... hence the idea of ​​making at least a bbq ...

I'm sure we could compact the thing strongly! That's the idea: you have a device, you put your kitchen waste and you have biogas ... it's a loop :) Good after that it's easier said than done ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 23/09/09, 13:06

We could do a lot of things with biogas. If only to fuel the pilot of some gas boilers or water heaters.
You can also cook too.
There are irons running on gas in Africa, and even a steam generator could be heated with biogas.
But as always, you have to be able to dig a place to be able to put a methanizer and feed it with biodegradable organic matter. Not easy in town ... :|
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/09, 13:12

former oceanic wrote:But as always, you have to be able to dig a place to be able to put a methanizer and feed it with biodegradable organic matter. Not easy in town ... :|

Precisely just for the bbq the needs would be limited: we can very well consider a digester of a few tens of liters whose size would fit in the chassis of gas bbqs that we see everywhere ... The delicate point is the regulation (T °, ph ...) and gas storage (a bag could be enough ...) ...

In short it is to meditate seriously and I think it would be a beautiful project for the association ...
0 x