Auchan launches its own organic brand

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Auchan launches its own organic brand

by saveplanet » 10/11/06, 21:31

I received today a letter presenting the launch of organic products, from the Auchan brand.

Doesn't he try to redeem himself because he is one of the dunces in the CCFD ranking of supermarkets which show the least value (and only offer a little) organic products and which present very little fair trade ?!
Finally, redeeming yourself ... it's still a way to restore your image while earning the maximum amount of money, but what do you think of this explosive couple: mass distribution and organic products? would that make you buy? what do you think are the purchase prices from farmers, producers, conditions?
If someone knows a little more than me who only received a letter with little explanation (apart from "the effort" and the price of certain attractive products, because of everyday life, such as orange juice, jam)...
0 x
Together we can change the
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 10/11/06, 23:17

This chain is powerful, and is only established to make money for money. All members of the family of the owner clan, residing at the border, in the neighboring country, to save less French taxes…
They also do low-end shelves, to imitate the poor person's supermarket. What interests them is the turnover. By cons on the shelves, it's often anything ...
I report to a department manager that a batch of socks displayed at 8 €, goes to 10 €, on the scanner; then at the cash desk, I get a 2 € discount; but on the previous days and… the next 2 days, the poster was always at 10 €!
I recently bought 4 very cheap measuring devices, at 5 € and another at 10 € (Yes I know it's Chinese, but I endow my laboratory with high-performance instruments, without subsidy from the regional council : Cheesy: ...). I open a package, and the 9v battery was not there, even though I had taken care to read the back of the package: battery included. (minimum € 1,10 in addition x 5 devices). What to do ! The Don Quixote for wind?
: Evil: -----
Recently I saw this "fair trade" part in the store (Alter Eco). I lingered there. Bottled fruit juice, rice, couscous, olive oil, spices tea, coffee, chocolate products, honey, sugar-cane jam ("life, real", can now send me a sample, ...) ! not very tempted by the products, I took a small jar of imbu jam, which I did not know. Over € 3. Not appreciated at home, I finished the pot by myself, and I will not take it again.
-----
: Arrow: To add insult to injury, it is not enough to have geographically a store close to my home, it will have to undergo it from now on in my interior!
In fact, the large distribution channels will now be able to advertise on television! Hello clubbing! And maybe also, the divestment in the written press…
0 x
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Auchan launches its own organic brand

by lio74 » 11/11/06, 15:08

saveplanet wrote:I received today a letter presenting the launch of organic products, from the Auchan brand.

it is still a way to improve your image while earning a maximum of money, but what do you think of this explosive couple: mass distribution and organic products? would that make you buy? what do you think are the purchase prices from farmers, producers, conditions?

Hello,
I already have a spit on the back of organic products from large retailers on the forum...
I maintain my opinion => it's mass distribution, so M ... e en Boite for me ... : Lol: (I'm provoking, it's done on purpose)
NAN but frankly it is on organic products that supermarkets make the most of money! : Evil:
now I boycott the AB label, because it wants to be the food of the bourgeois who takes care of his health ...
these products respond to a logic of mass distribution and do not have much more natural for me ... there I speak of stuff like jams, spreads, chocolates, ..... where we can see on the label composition: E250 and others ...
and yes it is to qualify in color, texture, taste !!!!
after for fresh products they are forced to call on local producers because they rot more quickly ...
nothing beats a chain as short as possible ... you know where it comes from and you know what you eat !!!
long live the AMAP and the cooperatives :!: :!: :!:
even if they don't have the AB label they have more organic products than auchan and TOC :P : Cheesy:

@+
0 x
"To do something is expensive, to do nothing will cost much more." Koffie Annan
next species endangered: Man ... and it will be good for him !!!
MAN IS A VERY DANGEROUS POLLUTION NATURAL!
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 11/11/06, 15:12

saveplanet wrote:I received today a letter presenting the launch of organic products, from the Auchan brand ....

Ben me, I see an interest: it is that the more there are organic products sold, the more these kind of distributors will buy organic. The growing demand, non organic products, ie with pesticides, GMOs, will end up not being bought as much by mass retailers.
Our individual action therefore goes through the purchase of organic products, from bread made from organic flour (without pesticides or other) to ready meals, why not. Thus we can hope to undermine the sales of pesticide manufacturers, among others.
And so while making money, as much as these large distributors make on the back of Monsanto and Cie, by helping us indirectly to defend our environment and our food, without everything being rosy for organic producers, we questioned.
Basically, they need our money and we need their power as big decision-making distributors so influential.

Little anecdote: I sent an email to the company Harry's which manufactures sliced ​​white bread. Appreciating their wholemeal bread and having heard that it was in wholemeal flour that there were the most pesticides (normal since the seed coat, present in this type of flour, is more exposed to pesticides than the heart of the seed), so I asked them what about the flours they use, organic or not, presence of pesticides or not, if so, what rates. It's weird, I still have no answer !!!!!
I therefore cordially invite you to make the same kind of request to this company and others, why not. When they see that there is a demand, they will make organic bread, which will cause a demand for organic flour, and therefore an increased production ...... etc.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 11/11/06, 15:36

bham wrote:Ben me, I see an interest: it is that the more there are organic products sold, the more these kind of distributors will buy organic. The growing demand, non organic products, ie with pesticides, GMOs, will end up not being bought as much by mass retailers.
When they see that there is a demand, they will make organic bread, which will cause a demand for organic flour, and therefore an increased production ...... etc.

+1
0 x
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by lio74 » 11/11/06, 16:14

bham wrote:..........................
Our individual action therefore goes through the purchase of organic products, from bread made from organic flour (without pesticides or other) to ready meals, why not. Thus we can hope to undermine the sales of pesticide manufacturers, among others.
And so while making money, as much as these large distributors make on the back of Monsanto and Cie, by helping us indirectly to defend our environment and our food, without everything being rosy for organic producers, we questioned.
Basically, they need our money and we need their power as big decision-making distributors so influential.

not wrong all that .... as usual 'I get carried away a little quickly !!!
but it annoys me, me poor student, to be so to speak, overtax to eat better !!!
it is true that it is the mass that always prevails ...
but I will continue to get my carrots and my tomatoes from the producer ... :P (Certainly what is not given to everyone, that's why super markets exist today!)

@+
0 x
"To do something is expensive, to do nothing will cost much more." Koffie Annan

next species endangered: Man ... and it will be good for him !!!

MAN IS A VERY DANGEROUS POLLUTION NATURAL!
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 11/11/06, 16:23

Thank you for your answers!
We all agree ... we are the little sheep and the great distribution is wool on our back.
We pay more for organic products but the answer is there: nothing beats a small country market with fresh, natural products and human contact for the purchase. (I'm sorry for your jar of jam! but at least I would not be tempted by this product)
But obviously, they are in our daily lives so it is better that we move forward with them than without them because they are influential and could, soon, improve the situation.
To talk about their image, by reading, rereading, turning over my letter, what do I see ?!
0 x
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 11/11/06, 16:25

Behind, their little call concerning this new range, the reminder that green boxes exist and that it is therefore useful to bring with you, your shopping bag or your bag.
But why behind and not, include it in the main news ?! Since the theme, basically, is the same, our quality of life and the improvement of the environment!
In small Ps and especially not, of course, another sheet to warn of that!
0 x
grakamoule
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Surprised and worried

by grakamoule » 03/01/07, 15:44

Hello everybody

It is with great pleasure that I have just discovered this forum.

However I am often worried when I see your level of activism in your answers and I hope I did not come across a forum of ecology ayatolists.

For example on this subject large distribution, go for it saying that they only do things for the money and everything if I find that a bit distressing.

To work daily in the organic and fair trade in contact with supermarkets, obviously they seek to earn money with this, but sincerely for them the stake is much more image than profitability.

Like you I think that when the GMS looks at a problem it is necessary to be wary, but from there to kill them by a priori, well, no, I guarantee you that there are a lot of people very concerned by ecology and social workers who work at Leclerc and consort ... and that they make available to consumers organic products 30 to 50% cheaper than in biocoop, for a very simple reason: they have lower structural costs!

Far be it from me to go against biocoop or AMAP which are great solutions, but still sometimes marginal (although the GMS specisur organic), and that 80% of the French population is still shopping in large distrib

In short, I appreciated those who think that it is necessary to accompany these people there towards the change rather than to plant banners for them, the more I work with this medium the more I realize that it is the organization which makes this medium sometimes inhuman, rarely the men who compose it (although we come across first class cunts) grown in Bio make as much turnover in the overall of traditional GMS

Looking forward to getting to know you better,

Grakamoule
0 x
Christophe

Re: Surprised and worried

by Christophe » 04/01/07, 12:39

grakamoule wrote:However I am often worried when I see your level of activism in your answers and I hope I did not come across a forum of ecology ayatolists.

Mmm no we're just a big technoscientist sect : Mrgreen: (regulars will understand my hints)

Do not leave I laughed and I think that by browsing the different subjects of this forum and site ( https://www.econologie.com/ ) you will see that we are rather moderate (compared to certain movements such as "decreasing" for example) even if sometimes some (including myself ...) get angry while "green" .... It's not good I know but in some cases it is " worth "yelling a little.

As an example, here is the last "eco-friendly" article I made for the site: https://www.econologie.com/l-argent-du-p ... -3297.html
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"