Comparative wood burning stoves has logs and mass

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Comparative wood burning stoves has logs and mass

by Christophe » 20/10/08, 15:24

Here is a comparison chart of some wood poles and 5 stoves small mass stoves. You will find the main features and prices (HT 2007) of the following models.

Poeles with logs of this comparative: The Bullerjan 11kW, France Turbo Galienta, France Turbo Scope 200, France Turbo Soluna Mural, Godin Eco Earthenware, Godin Colonial, Hase Kairo 9, Tokyo Hase, Inicta Oxo, Invicta Sedan, Scan DSA5 Mural, Scan DSA1 Free Position, Scan Line Heta Ancona Grande Faience, Supra Black Screen and Supra Antibia.

This table comes from the file of our partner Habitat Naturel which has just published a complete dossier on wood energy in its last number.

Here is the summary of this issue: http://www.habitatnaturel.fr/hn2/show.php?num=22

I strongly recommend the subscription to this magazine

Notes: for the same power and similar performance we go from simple to fivefold: the look is expensive, very expensive! And again this comparison does not speak of various exentricities such as the pyramid stove ... with flue gas flow reversal (which are evacuated under the floor). Ah, it's beautiful the show!

I saw Invicta in real life (there are some in the Bricos from time to time) and they seem to me (on paper at least) an excellent quality / price, especially the model Oxo! Someone has one?

If you want more info on wood boilers or pellets, there are some files on the question here: https://www.econologie.com/habitation-is ... -3580.html

Other comparatives: https://www.econologie.com/forums/chauffage- ... t6318.html
Last edited by Christophe the 20 / 01 / 16, 23: 00, 4 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/10/08, 15:30

And here is the comparison of "small" mass storage stoves (from 200kg to 600kg anyway ...). There are only 5 models: Régnier Ceramic: Régnier Double-sided Deft, Régnier Yveline Multicolor. Tonwerk: T Eye and Topolino and Tulikivi Salla.

I still doubt the econological profitability (gray energy and economy) of the most expensive mass stoves of this comparative ... ie all except the Tulikivi!
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 28/01/10, 23:09

speaking of good French stoves:

http://www.richardledroff.com/poeles/po ... rbo-2.html

I could see the smoke circuit and the heating of the combustion air. For once a manufacturer went after the optimization of combustion.

Christophe, the Oxo I know, it heats well ... the birds. it may be 70% yield at 3-4kw but certainly not at 10kw. If you open the door of the machine, you see immediately that the fumes go directly behind in the stovepipe. Invicta heals the design, but does the minimum acceptable in yield to pull costs. sale in GSB oblige!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/01/10, 09:36

Philippe Schutt wrote: it may be 70% yield at 3-4kw but certainly not at 10kw.

I thought that the output of a stove type device (radiation so) rose with the power ...

Otherwise interesting note: are there not some curves hanging around the net "rdt = f (Pu)" for some wood stoves? It would interest me to see some ...

In addition I still do not know how is defined (standard?) The power (indicated on the commercial documents) of a wood burning appliance ... max, average ...?

Philippe Schutt wrote:sale in GSB oblige!

GSB? Gni?
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 29/01/10, 12:34

Large DIY Surface in my opinion.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 29/01/10, 20:18

there is the maximum power and the nominal power.

see here: http://www.deville.fr/page2.php?PHPSESS ... 56vqed1qq3

in fact, all other things being equal, the efficiency varies inversely with the temperature of the fumes, the limit being the appearance of unburnt matter.
The oxo is very limited as regards the recovery of the calories of the fumes, there is not even a deflector. Then its oval shape prevents to put a pan of water to increase the exchange. So do not ask the moon and settle for small fires.
Performance curves and co / co2 emissions would be much more interesting indeed: they would show the starting point of the double combustion, and the actual yield at different speeds.
the yield is often given close to the power of the mini and the power emissions near the maxi, so each time where the figure is the best, but we do not have the 2 at the same time.

Yes, Big DIY Surface. their margin is substantial, the cost of production must be reduced to the strict minimum.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/10, 12:05

Thanks for the link, he answers the question of this topic:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/rendement- ... t9209.html

I will make a small copy / paste.
0 x
takata
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Choose wood stove

by takata » 20/01/16, 18:00

Hello,

My wife working full time at home, I am looking to replace our old stove sheet metal (more decorative than anything else) by more rational and efficient.

The area to be heated is + - 60m².

I am looking for a rather classic stove (20 years home) and I find easily found new opportunity Godin type ref: 3727 - 10 Kw

I have never used this type of stove with top filling.

We would turn it to wood.

Do you have an opinion on this type of model?

Thank you in advance !
Nicolas
0 x