Are we too marginal?

philosophical debates and companies.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Are we too marginal?

by Obamot » 01/03/21, 12:08

Rajqawee: Don't you tend to see things a bit selectively, I mean overly focused on your own point of view, rather than “zooming out” and considering “other possibilities”? If so, you would not be the only one in this case. You know, there can be a lot of causes for anxiety. Staying Zen allows you to disconnect from it and take a step back.
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 01/03/21, 12:20

I may not have been very clear ...

I think that I am already rather marginal in my way of living, I see it every day. And I see the benefits!

Simply, I noticed, especially when I was in Corsica, that this marginalization leads to living in very small circles (but the island phenomenon necessarily played a role). For example, the people making their vacations in campervans are also those that one will cross in the associations of benevolent education and in the evenings "bread oven". Yes, these are examples, but they show a certain communitarianism.

In short, I wonder if this marginalization does not sometimes lead to confinement in limited social groups. (limited in number!).

However, if I chose it, this is not necessarily the case for my children

Note: my kids look very happy. This is not the problem, I just ask myself the question of the benefit, sometimes, of not "being like the others"

but the question is not that for me, I think! All participants of the forum are marginal in my opinion, given the reflections they have!
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 01/03/21, 12:30

Well, the more marginal you are, the more your "group", let's say your tribe, I'm talking about "real family" (the one that is not necessarily of my blood) will be restricted. That said, its links are all the stronger because they don't care about the constraints and social archetypes to which we are subject (in all senses of the word). I prefer (near and far) a tight-knit group of friends to a cohort of individuals who hang out in a kind of easy superficiality and only appreciate each other because they look alike, do and love the same things. .
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 01/03/21, 12:33

Rajqawee wrote:Also, we can find an effect ... how to say interesting in the fact of being different: it is a little the phenomenon of the prophet, the martyr, the one who "is right" against all the others. Could this enticing position sometimes lead us to choose different paths for this single reason?

There can be this effect but in this case the imposture is quickly unmasked, there is no background.
I assure you a lot of "marginalized" are because they see more clearly than the others:
Hyper sensitive, High potentials, it sometimes goes hand in hand ....
and they do not tolerate the pretense of conformism and compromise.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 01/03/21, 12:43

Rajqawee »01/03/21, 13:20
I may not have been very clear ...
I think that I am already rather marginal in my way of living, I see it every day. And I see the benefits!
In short, I wonder if this marginalization does not sometimes lead to confinement in limited social groups. (limited in number!).
Note: my kids look very happy. This is not the problem, I just ask myself the question of the benefit, sometimes, of not "being like the others"
but the question is not that for me, I think! All participants of the forum are marginal in my opinion, given the reflections they have!
I understand you all the more since I have widely experienced these phenomena, not of marginalization, but of difference and I combine them: VGL, opposed to vaccine OBLIGATIONS, creationist (in the non-religious sense) favorable to nonconformist medicines, follower organic more than organic, non-smoker, non-drinker, etc ... and yet a good part of my friends and relations do not share these particularities and it goes very, very well when we respect the choices of others and on top of that arouses curiosity. For children and grandchildren, this has never been a problem, if we teach them tolerance (even if it is not shared in the face) and their friends and relations do not, however, share their life choices.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 01/03/21, 12:46

eclectron wrote:Hyper sensitive, High potentials, it sometimes goes hand in hand ....

.... and it is often a handicap.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 01/03/21, 12:53

Rajqawee wrote:In short, I wonder if this marginalization does not sometimes lead to confinement in limited social groups. (limited in number!).

in reality, everyone is a marginal in the diversity of humanity. You have a circle of people who seem close to you, and you feel "different" from other people; but probably these "other people" are only a second circle from which you differentiate yourself, but who are all the same very close to you in their culture and their references: Westerners having had the same history lessons, the same TV shows, which know Reiser, Brassens or Louis de Funès like you (examples taken at random). Your life remains much closer to theirs than to that of a Lapp reindeer herder, a little African girl, a Colombian cocaine trafficker (examples also taken at random) - with whom you nevertheless share an irreducible "humanity" ( for example in the fact that everyone will probably be concerned about what their children are going through!). The question of marginality is in itself subjective, we are all unique and part of humanity through a complex network of similarities and differences. The important thing is ultimately to live in harmony with yourself!
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 01/03/21, 13:04

Westerners having had the same history lessons,
like our teachers who made the little blacks of OUR colonies recite: "our ancestors the Gauls"? 8)
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 01/03/21, 13:56

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
eclectron wrote:Hyper sensitive, High potentials, it sometimes goes hand in hand ....

.... and it is often a handicap.

yes in the raw state and no if we manage to transform it into force. : Wink:
0 x
whatever.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 01/03/21, 14:00

ABC2019 wrote: The important thing is ultimately to live in harmony with yourself!

For once we agree. : Wink:
But how to explain that people in agreement with themselves have diametrically opposed positions, one in relation to the other?
It's good that one or both are not objective. : Wink:
0 x
whatever.

Back to "Society and Philosophy"