They killed Notre Dame de Paris!

philosophical debates and companies.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: They killed Notre Dame!

by Ahmed » 04/05/19, 11:21

I very much doubt that this building still represents essentially a spiritual aspect; in any case, this is not the reason for this sudden media craze ...
Christianity did not stop at "waving symbols", it changed reality ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/05/19, 11:34

My remark mainly concerned the "shake of symbols" ...

Catholicism is clearly losing momentum, the churches are emptying permanently, the priests (who are less and less also) have 2 or 3 parishes to manage (see more), 80% of the faithful are over 65 ... in 20 years they will be really empty of life ...

On the other side, the Mosques grow and are full of what I know ... and by rather young!

So there is indeed a crisis of Faith specific to Christianity.

Rebuilding ND and making it a symbol OF LIFE in the 21st century would be a giant leap for the "goodwill" of Catholicism which is essentially based on our becoming IN DEATH ...

The worst would be to do it again, at the same price as gold ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/05/19, 11:44

Here are other renovation proposals:

https://creapills.com/architectes-propo ... e-20190503

Pretty:

The project that I like the most is this: https://notre-dame-paris.miysis.be/fr (except that they keep the arrow identical ... bof)

It joins the greenhouse but bees in a place of prayer is not great (for visitors) ... even if the link with the church has always been close:

I am convinced that all these projects were already in the cards: we do not make models also succeeds in 3 weeks ...
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/05/19, 12:59

So there is indeed a crisis of Faith specific to Christianity.
on the contrary, the evangelical movements (more fundamentalist) and especially much less ceremonious and "constipated" are making more and more adherents everywhere in the world. 640.000.000, against 1.3 billion Catholics and 1.6 billion Muslims; on the other hand there is a noticeable drop in atheists and agnostics, probably because of materialism which has not kept its promises of a better world.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/05/19, 14:29

Ok mea culpa my remark therefore concerns just "constipated" cathos as you say then ...

Because it is the Catholic Church that manages Notre Dame ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/05/19, 15:20

Ok mea culpa my remark therefore concerns just "constipated" cathos as you say then ...
it is neither serious nor important. The media, in our country strongly dominated by Catholicism as by other religious systems elsewhere, also make this shortcut
Because it is the Catholic Church that manages Notre Dame ...
I thought it was the state, that church being just a user?
https://www.notredamedeparis.fr/faq/
Notre Dame Church is state property; the clergy are affected by it for Roman Catholic worship.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 04/05/19, 15:35

it is true that there is no reason the catholics are the only users
there should be an "ecumenical" sharing in the broad sense between the different religions : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/05/19, 15:38

I think that a (very) large part of the visitors (tourists) of Notre Dame have not been Catholic for a long time ...

There is not much catho in Asia or in the USA ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 04/05/19, 17:25

Christophe wrote:
izentrop wrote:I like the ecological side, there is a carbon deficit to make up for. The glass roof and green roof project adds to the tourist vocation of ND. We could also cover windows without tint, for a color seen from the outside more in harmony with the places.
Except that in the state: show a greenhouse to tourists all year round, the air conditioning bill may be salty, very salty ... conversely that of heating in winter also ...
At least partial PV solar coverage and coupled with reversible air conditioning could be considered ... And this would obviously make it the largest PV park in intramural Paris.
France could FINALLY show the example rated ENR ... even if this example would only be symbolic!
It was also in the idea, I had specified "well thought out". Nothing prevents combining the 2, we know how to do everything today. When it burned down, I was to put everything on the ground and build social housing instead, but now that there is money, as much as it is used for something other than to serve the Catholic religion. : Mrgreen: : Twisted:
ps: I am a little surprised by the speed of presentation of these projects, they were in the boxes before the fire ???
With the virtual reality software that the architects have on hand, it's a breeze made with 2 strokes of the spoon : Wink:
Gegyx wrote:The staff (crazy money), for cleaning the windows outside
There are robots for that and as it is eco-friendly, we can entrust the work to snails : Wink:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 04/05/19, 18:44

The municipalities maintain the churches, the state maintains the cathedrals.

and the wealthiest invest in Notre Dame, for their future financial and spiritual bliss ...

With these new projects (which will be proposed by referendum / I will vote no / lol. Since the president will choose at the end), there will be a beautiful concrete slab.

And the oak forest that was ready to be offered will wait with the carpenters, roofers and sculptors who were hoping for a renewal?
It is not nothing this aspect of the possible safeguard of the trades of excellence. By imagining something else based on concrete and glass, we disdain them.
This should also be the reflection of a normally constituted president ...
0 x