Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: They killed Notre Dame!

by Exnihiloest » 11/06/20, 23:02

Leo Maximus wrote:...
Guérande salt condemned? :
https://www.francetvinfo.fr/monde/envir ... 96837.html

Cooking salt is sodium chloride, and sodium chloride is the same regardless of its origin. NaCl.
So the so-called plus of Guérande salt, these are the additional products which are not sodium chloride, by necessarily harmful maybe even beneficial (iodine, for example), but also all the impurities and junk.
Harvested by hand, it will necessarily be better and healthier, conditioned by the brand image that the salt workers club, the sores who will pay the high price for impure sodium chloride. They not only seal their wallets but they also seem to be risking their health.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 11/06/20, 23:36

Exnihiloest wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:...
Guérande salt condemned? :
https://www.francetvinfo.fr/monde/envir ... 96837.html

Cooking salt is sodium chloride, and sodium chloride is the same regardless of its origin. NaCl.
So the so-called plus of Guérande salt, these are the additional products which are not sodium chloride, by necessarily harmful maybe even beneficial (iodine, for example), but also all the impurities and junk.
Harvested by hand, it will necessarily be better and healthier, conditioned by the brand image that the salt workers club, the sores who will pay the high price for impure sodium chloride. They not only seal their wallets but they also seem to be risking their health.

Suddenly, all the better, the salt workers disappear, soon the oyster farmers, then the venericulture, then the mussel culture, then the beekeeping, eventually fishermen and fish farming, we can continue to pollute full pot. Bastards of poor workers, stupid bobos ... Your world is a nightmare, Tryphion.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 12/06/20, 08:07

GuyGadebois wrote:Suddenly, all the better, the salt workers disappear, soon the oyster farmers, then the venericulture, then the mussel culture, then the beekeeping, eventually fishermen and fish farming, we can continue to pollute full pot. Bastards of poor workers, stupid bobos ... Your world is a nightmare, Tryphion.

in this case, if you read the article, it is not an industrial pollution by nasty kapitalists but a pollution due to a ball-trap, activity rather considered "sporting". There are also many outdoor sports that have an impact on nature (skiing, motocross etc ...). What do we do, we forbid everything? (I personally don't care, I prefer to walk quietly in nature than to make noise).
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 12/06/20, 16:40

I know the region a bit since I live there. The article is careful not to say that the main agricultural activity of the Guérande peninsula is the vine: http://www.vin-vigne.com/commune/Guerande-44350.html
And, for more than a century, viticulture used lead as a fungicide (lead arsenate). The thousands of tonnes of lead accumulated in wine-growing soils are leached out by the rains and end up in the outlet of the watersheds, that is to say ... the salt marshes. : Shock:

Tetraethyl lead from leaded petrol must be added to it, and contrary to what one might imagine, tetraethyl lead drained by rainwater towards rivers then rivers do not flow to the bottom of the sea, it remains on the surface. in the first few meters. Whenever seawater is brought into the salt marshes, lead is also brought in. : Shock:

Now, it is fashionable to accuse the hunters and the clay pigeon shooting, it goes better. But, in the analyzes found as much arsenic as lead and also various pesticides in quantity or it does not seem to me that the hunters shoot with arsenic or pesticides ... : Mrgreen:

A personal anecdote (my apologies): a long time ago we had the idea of ​​cooking us a good chicken with good coarse salt with 3 kg of Guérande salt. It was excellent but, the next day, nausea, headache, difficulty walking, various disorders, in short, discomfort that lasted 2 and a half days for both of us. The chicken came from our usual supplier and we never had any problems with the salt. It was several years later that I realized that we had been victims of lead poisoning because these are exactly the symptoms.

Guérande salt has been a poison for a very long time. Do not consume it.
3 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 12/06/20, 17:18

To save Guérande salt would require a "reverse Fukushima plan" which would consist of preventing pollution from entering. Is it worth it ? Personally, I think it's fucked up.

In any case, the salt workers of Guérande work for tourists because the salt stamped "Sel de Guérande" has not come from Guérande for a long time. "Sel de Guérande" is a label, a trade name. The salt stamped "Sel de Guérande" comes from Argentina and Vietnam and there is no lead.
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 12/06/20, 17:27

Leo Maximus wrote:The salt stamped "Sel de Guérande" comes from Argentina and Vietnam and there is no lead.

Where can you find this info, STP?
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 12/06/20, 19:43

GuyGadebois wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:The salt stamped "Sel de Guérande" comes from Argentina and Vietnam and there is no lead.

Where can you find this info, STP?

In "60 million consumers" and "What to choose" 5/6 years ago.

Indeed, I just found that the info has now disappeared from the net ... If it had been false there would have been a legal attack. Vietnam is a major producer of sea salt.

There are plenty of other "Breton" products which are actually imported.
2 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 12/06/20, 20:15

The IGP "Sel de Guérande" imports salt from Vietnam: http://www.sel2guerande.com/pourquoi_batz.php

The IGP "Sel de Guérande" sells this salt as "Salt of Vietnam". I guess the French are crazy about Vietnamese salt ... If not, what's the point? The policy of the Salins du Midi is not at all clear.
Last edited by Leo Maximus the 12 / 06 / 20, 20: 20, 1 edited once.
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 12/06/20, 20:18

Leo Maximus wrote:The IGP "Sel de Guérande" imports salt from Vietnam: http://www.sel2guerande.com/pourquoi_batz.php <<< contaminated with Agent Orange? : Mrgreen:

Why ? I guess the French love Vietnamese salt ...

We have a long tradition of fruitful and peaceful exchanges with Vietnam .... : Mrgreen:
(Thanks, if not)
0 x