The Bluff on France 2. disposable society!

philosophical debates and companies.
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 24/02/10, 09:27

Flytox wrote:For the voltmeter with the broken cord, it was not a short circuit but quite simply that the plastic is so fragile that it breaks like glass when pressed on to ensure better contact ... plastic dedicated to self-destruction. The happy medium will tell you thatthey stuck on additives, so it doesn't hold.

So they are right because the additives are generally toxic metallic salts! :D
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 24/02/10, 09:32

Christophe wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:There is only one which is "marked" at 8,4 volts, a Mazda, all the others are at 7,2 volts nominal.

You only have 1 good quality ... : Cheesy:

Mmmm ... Not sure at all. In addition, the Ni-Mh batteries have a serious disadvantage, it is the self-discharge whereas a Ni-Cd battery of formerly could hold years.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/02/10, 10:27

Not for all NiMh ...

Apparently you don't click on my links (it still works) but in addition you don't even look at the photos I insert ... : Cry: : Cry:

Take a good look at what is noted in the middle of the battery:

Of which here is a "zoom":

0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 24/02/10, 11:01

Christophe wrote:Not for all NiMh ...
Apparently you don't click on my links (it still works) but in addition you don't even look at the photos I insert ... : Cry: : Cry:
Take a good look at what is noted in the middle of the battery:

I had no intention of doing any counter advertising! :? My excuses. I do not doubt for a moment that your batteries are the best, especially if they still hold 85% of the charge after a year (or 80% there are both, but it is approximate anyway). It's a performance. But it also reveals the main annoying drawback of Ni-Mh batteries: self-discharge (with others, not with yours : Lol: !).

As far as I'm concerned there may be a good reason for my indifference, I have 9 volt (Ni-Cd) batteries, some of which are very very old and which are in perfect working order, so why buy them? Especially since I am not for the disposable society. But when there is a need to change them I will think of your Camelions.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 24/02/10, 11:05

: Evil:
And long live the consumption of batteries ....

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/depeches ... teur_.html
I do not understand why "independent of the sector"? A power supply like emergency lights would be nice (support for a battery or a battery when the mains voltage drops.

In some there is a radioactive source, it seems to me?

Installation declaration on honor to insurance, or obligation to have it done by a craftsman?

Obligation? Does this mean that we can be checked at any time?
: Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/02/10, 11:09

Leo Maximus wrote:I had no intention of doing any counter advertising! :? My excuses. I do not doubt for a moment that your batteries are the best, especially if they still hold 85% of the charge after a year (or 80% there are both, but it is approximate anyway). It's a performance.

It is not a question of advertising or counter pub there but of technological facts ... that it is offered on our shop does not change the fact that Nimh batteries with very limited self discharge exist on the market ... (and also that you don't watch the pictures : Cheesy: )

I'm not saying they are the best, I'm just showing their performance.

That's all!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/02/10, 11:12

gegyx wrote:A power supply like emergency lights would be nice (taking charge of a battery or a battery when the mains voltage drops.

Far too expensive...

Smoke detectors have been mandatory in Wallonia since we got there (so at least 2005).

Nothing prevents the use of batteries.

On the other hand sometimes it triggers all alone for nothing and it's a bit boring ... (bcp of "shit in china")
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 24/02/10, 11:28

gegyx wrote:: Evil:
And long live the consumption of batteries ....

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/depeches ... ur_.html...

Is it sensitive to tobacco smoke?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/02/10, 11:30

Yes it is an optical sensor so it is sensitive and if you blow on it it triggers. No sensitivity adjustment is possible on the models we have ... But the smoke from the cigarette smoke does not trigger it.

There are CO2 sensors but they cost more.

It’s like this: https://www.econologie.com/shop/detecteu ... p-246.html
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 24/02/10, 12:43

We must put into perspective the "Merde in China" and especially not generalize. Among the most reliable cars sold in France, there is a "Merde in China".

Still on the subject of 9 volt batteries, here is a "Radio-Shack" bought at Tandy at least 25 years ago (27 or 28 years probably). It still works perfectly. It is a Chinese manufacture "Made in Hong-Kong" when it was still a British colony. The Mazda 9 V batteries are HS after 3 years, yet they are "Made in England". The worst was the Siemens "Made in Germany", HS after a year.

0 x