The Bluff on France 2. disposable society!

philosophical debates and companies.
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 21/02/10, 21:37

"56 year old admiral"
And how many stars?
:D
For the additional cost? No idea. I don't even look at the annual statement of my energy bills (which are increasing).
So that of others ...

V-shaped leg / yes, a vee on the top and a vee on the bottom, with the 2 legs of the vee on the edge of the pot (where we can weld)
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 21/02/10, 22:43

For the repair of the pot, there are sometimes problems so the thickness of the sheet is thin (+ very corroded) on the muffler. The gusset is much more solid than the sheet and it is re-cut in the zat of the gusset after a few months.

To overcome this drawback, I prefer to weld a tab between the edge of the muffler (which generally has a large, solid bead) and the pipe about 15 cm away. So far it has held ... or dropped elsewhere when we are relentless on a macabé .... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
chrisleblay
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by chrisleblay » 22/02/10, 22:03

The repairers (of these same boxes), tested on a simple failure (motor power plug disconnected), content themselves 9 times out of 10 to briefly look at the device (dishwasher), to declare it "dead" and to invoice their "performance".

I dealt with this 3 years ago with my dishwasher. The technician came by (billed me $ 50 for the trip) and told me that the engine was finished. In fact I did not believe it (a motor is strong), I had a problem of pump because the evacuation pipe was too high compared to the power of the pump quite simply, therefore no evacuation .
Conclusion: go look at the technical data sheets for use and installation before calling a technician and use your common sense. A dishwasher is a motor, a few pipes and some wiring. A little observation and common sense and you quickly understand how it works.

A+
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/02/10, 22:10

@ Flytox:
I prefer to weld a tab between the edge of the muffler (which usually has a large, solid bead) and the pipe about 15 cm away. So far it has held ...

This is exactly how I do it!

For the uninitiated: zat =zone amade tforged, heat.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/02/10, 09:12

Chrislebaly wrote:

(an engine is tough)

absolutely, except that the current policy of some manufacturers is that it is practically no longer possible to obtain the brushes. My repairman friend saves me each time my washing machine by "resizing" other brushes, otherwise, you have to replace the "brush regulator" block of the motor, or even the whole motor: 125 euros (It's a Bosch)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 23/02/10, 12:03

Flytox wrote:To illustrate "disposability":
This voltmeter € 5 bought yesterday to Mr Bricostoumpf:

Hello,

In most cases a faulty voltmeter (of the Elenco type as here) is repairable because it is often the fuse which has blown or because it is a CMS which has detached from the printed circuit. It is repairable, a fuse can be changed, and even a CMS can be reweld, it is not very difficult. :)

A very good way to fight against the disposable is to repair the disposable, very often it is doable 8) .

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/02/10, 12:32

Leo Maximus wrote:A very good way to fight against the disposable is to repair the disposable, very often it is doable 8) .

+1 = : Arrow: https://www.econologie.com/forums/panne-depa ... -vf77.html 8)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/02/10, 18:48

what makes me grumble, taking the example of this multimeter, is that the spare battery costs at least one euro more than the device : Cry:
and generally, this kind of device dies by cables: a pair of good test cables: 10 to 15 euros easy!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/02/10, 18:58

Ben instead of grumbling, buy no more and take rechargeable 9V batteries!

If you don't know where to find it: https://www.econologie.com/shop/accu-9v- ... p-243.html

8) 8) 8)
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 23/02/10, 19:51

elephant wrote:what makes me grumble, taking the example of this multimeter, is that the spare battery costs at least one euro more than the device : Cry:
and generally, this kind of device dies by cables: a pair of good test cables: 10 to 15 euros easy!

Test cables also repair themselves. On this multimeter the connection is 2 banana plugs in 4 mm, standard what, and two test probes. All this is easily repaired at no cost. 8)
0 x