Gaps in National Education programs and limits of new narcissistic educational methods

philosophical debates and companies.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Gaps in National Education programs and limits of new narcissistic educational methods

by Exnihiloest » 20/05/21, 21:45

Can you express yourself other than by sausage with each sentence, Janioc? I don't read the pucks.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Gaps in National Education programs and limits of new narcissistic educational methods

by Janic » 21/05/21, 09:19

by Exnihiloest »20/05/21, 21:45 PM
Can you express yourself other than by sausage with each sentence, Janioc? I don't read the pucks.
can you express yourself other than by stuffing different ideas in bulk in the same bag? I don't read soups so I separate the cabbage from the carrots and potatoes for clarity.
But make a little effort of intelligence to understand it! : roll:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/07/21, 13:50

Yesterday ... I was appointed by my employer to conduct a job interview with 3 people to hold a position of operator (nothing very rewarding as a job but hey ... It takes) ... I am in my position of operations manager for 20 years, I only have a basic training in management ... I am asked to evaluate 3 types with CVs that have caused me headaches trying to understand so much guys had backgrounds and experiences (not in our professional body but still)… ..

Personally ... I like people who can write their name, count on their 10 fingers, and who do not need to repeat 10 times if they jump into the void without being attached to at least one elastic ... They risk at least losing their lives there .... And in addition to attracting wrath on the company that employs them ..............

So I spent an hour with the 3 in front of me in a beautiful air-conditioned room, explaining to them what is expected of them, the company's HSE "policy", not in responsible HSE mode " common sense father "I told them that I was more of the technical type and that if they saw that I was launching into too specific things that they did not hesitate to stop me ……
I made them visit the site for a second hour, I stopped in front of the important points (in fact those which will be the subject of the continuation), I asked them well at each point if my explanations were clear, if they had any questions …… During this visit, I positioned myself in front of a brand new forklift truck, I showed them what a gas detector was, a waste storage space where 12 different labeled containers were enthroned, flashy fire devices like wedding rings… I told them that in case of any doubt there would ALWAYS be either a companion at their side, or on-call staff reachable 24/24 ..

Like myself I felt average in the exercise…. I took on my personal time…. And I prepared a little questionnaire for them during my lunch break…. the little questionnaire in question (modified so that mr Durant does not recognize himself in fact mr Durant is a very nice guy)

The three candidates had at least a baccalaureate…. I left them 20 minutes ..... Frankly when I think back to the battery of tests I did to enter the SNCF driver's school….

The test in question:

Name first names

Considering that the diesel expands by 1l per 1000 liters per degrees C, we had in our tank 22 on 01/01/2021 1000 m3 of diesel at 15 ° C… Today, July 21, the content of the tank is at 25 ° C (We did not take out or enter any product on this tank) What gross volume is going into this tank today in m3?

Tray 12 has a capacity of 100m3 per meter so it was 10 meters away on 01/01. How high is it today after expansion of the product?

The surface of the bowl N ° 13 is 3000 m². To extinguish a fire in the bottom of this basin, apply 2 liters per minute per m² of foaming solution. What flow rate of foaming solution will you need to provide in total to provide for extinguishing the fire in this basin?
In liters / minutes:
In m3 / h:

You are in the material waste storage shed with a colleague (a former employee with all the necessary authorizations to operate the site) you have a valve with an approximate weight of 60kg to move from one pallet to another next to it. The labor code specifies that a man can lift a load of 45kg. How do you operate?

A valve seal is broken on the No. 55 tank which contains unleaded gasoline. The gas detection alarms have been triggered, your colleague asks you to go and see what is happening on the spot. You have a mobile gas detector and a walkie-talkie. When you arrive on site, you notice a spread of gasoline. Your gas detector indicates an explosive value of 100% but an oxygen content value of only 2% as there is no oxygen the fire cannot start. The leaky valve can be reached without stepping into the fuel puddle. Are you going to close that valve quickly to stop the leak?

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

You are on duty on a Saturday morning with the security guard. Around 9 a.m. the phone rings. It is Mr Durant from our IT department in Paris who calls you to update the IT network. To do so, he needs the access code to the loading programming computer. Mr Durant is a very important person in society (he is responsible for all the computer systems of the group) and rather of the very incisive and above all very hurried type. What are you doing ?
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------
How much do you think a drop per second represents after 24 hours?
2 liters
20 liters
200 liters

Personal protective equipment (helmets, gloves, safety shoes) are expensive equipment because they are very specific to our business (around € 8000 / year for 10 people)
If you damage one of them do you fix it?

In your opinion, which waste from this list should be subject to specific sorting on our site:
Cards
Papers
Metals
Glass bottles
Gloves soiled with hydrocarbons
Electronic equipment
Coffee capsules
Plastic packaging

You get up at 3 a.m. to hire at 4 a.m. with your buddy. You have a fever and headache. Your colleague will not be able to open the site on his own. What are you doing ?

You have 20mn : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/07/21, 14:06

I would like to clarify… .That this questionnaire is well below the requirements of our profession… .And that I had also explained to them the fire triangle and the danger of a lack of oxygen in the breathed air….
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 22/07/21, 15:01

Come on, I'm having a little fun. I have no training or skills on these subjects, and I take the party not to go looking on the internet! I do this quickly to see under stress :)

Considering that the diesel expands by 1l per 1000 liters per degrees C, we had in our tank 22 on 01/01/2021 1000 m3 of diesel at 15 ° C… Today, July 21, the content of the tank is at 25 ° C (We did not take out or enter any product on this tank) What gross volume is going into this tank today in m3?
It therefore expands by 1L / m3 / degree, or 1000m3 * 1L * 10 = 10 000L supp or 10m3 supp. So there is 1010 M3, if it did not explode ...

Tray 12 has a capacity of 100m3 per meter so it was 10 meters away on 01/01. How high is it today after expansion of the product?
Ben 10,10m?

The surface of the bowl N ° 13 is 3000 m². To extinguish a fire in the bottom of this basin, apply 2 liters per minute per m² of foaming solution. What flow rate of foaming solution will you need to provide in total to provide for extinguishing the fire in this basin?
I don't know, I think I don't quite understand the statement. I will try despite everything
In liters / minutes: 6000, assuming it can be done over the entire surface
In m3 / h: 144

You are in the material waste storage shed with a colleague (a former employee with all the necessary authorizations to operate the site) you have a valve with an approximate weight of 60kg to move from one pallet to another next to it. The labor code specifies that a man can lift a load of 45kg. How do you operate?
I place the pallets next to each other and together I try to slide / "walk" the valve, if it is not fragile (given the weight it must be fine). If it is impossible this way, and my colleague is in physical condition, I try to lift according to the rules of the art, with safety shoes, preserving my back and using my thighs ... or else we has access to forks?

A valve seal is broken on the No. 55 tank which contains unleaded gasoline. The gas detection alarms have been triggered, your colleague asks you to go and see what is happening on the spot. You have a mobile gas detector and a walkie-talkie. When you arrive on site, you notice a spread of gasoline. Your gas detector indicates an explosive value of 100% but an oxygen content value of only 2% as there is no oxygen the fire cannot start. The leaky valve can be reached without stepping into the fuel puddle. Are you going to close that valve quickly to stop the leak?
No, because otherwise I risk becoming unconscious while trying, for lack of oxygen ... and dying like an idiot. So I warn my colleague and I imagine that the procedure is triggered which is going well ...

You are on duty on a Saturday morning with the security guard. Around 9 a.m. the phone rings. It is Mr Durant from our IT department in Paris who calls you to update the IT network. To do so, he needs the access code to the loading programming computer. Mr Durant is a very important person in society (he is responsible for all the computer systems of the group) and rather of the very incisive and above all very hurried type. What are you doing ?
I replied that I could not verify that it was him by phone and being only a small operator in CDD I prefer not to do anything stupid and pass him the security guard!
How much do you think a drop per second represents after 24 hours?
2 liters
20 liters
200 liters
A drop must be only a few mm, so it is 3600 * 24 * 2 mm, or 173L ... the order of magnitude is therefore 200L.

Personal protective equipment (helmets, gloves, safety shoes) are expensive equipment because they are very specific to our business (around € 8000 / year for 10 people)
If you damage one of them do you fix it? No, because I have no guarantee that I can repair it to the same standards it was manufactured, so I have no idea if it still protects me. I tell the chef how I damaged it ...

In your opinion, which waste from this list should be subject to specific sorting on our site:
Cards
Papers
Metals
Glass bottles
Gloves soiled with hydrocarbons
Electronic equipment
Coffee capsules
Plastic packaging

I dunno. I will distinguish "ecological" sorting from "risky" sorting, so I will say that I am sure that I have to sort the gloves and the elec equipment, and that the rest is not necessarily serious?

You get up at 3 a.m. to hire at 4 a.m. with your buddy. You have a fever and headache. Your colleague will not be able to open the site on his own. What are you doing ?
I was probably given a number to call in case of failure, which I do if it does not pass after 20 minutes.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/07/21, 15:45

6000l / mn = 6m3 / mn = (6x60 it's complicated) so (6x6 = 36) x10 = 360m3h ... Damn the table of 6 and that of 10 ....

For the lifting of the valve ... See my post above .... I told them about it in front of a beautiful brand new forklift ... It is yellow petant .... It has a buddy who has all the necessary clearances ....

For waste….
We are ISO 14001 ... Everything that leaves us must be recycled or recovered so everything is sorted .... Except for the coffee capsules (I made them one) which are waste from the "canteen" and leave to "household" garbage ... We could compost them to grow small flowers but this is not required by the 14001 ... And I do not want to know what could be planted in the compost ... : Cheesy:

for drip ... When you don't know ... You don't know ... I told them during the visit ... that one drop every second makes a few liters a day ...
therefore 20 liters (more precisely 18)

For the rest it's not bad ... you are looking for work : Cheesy: ??

Because the only one that I had retained .... came by this morning to tell me that he was declining the offer ...
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 22/07/21, 16:03

Damn, I messed up the conversion to M3 / h in a rush! However, it is not complicated, especially by doing L-> M3, the conversion into time behind being very simple ... I had to do time then volume and make a mistake in this direction. Like what, you have to be well posed when doing these calculations!

For the drop, yes, it depends on the size of the drop and indeed we give 0,05ml for a drop, we are far from my rotten estimate of a few ml!

Well, it's not that bad. But I have an advantage: I already work, in a very standardized environment, the hospital. It should help a little to think in constrained environments;) So you can continue to search :)

Out of curiosity .... what kind of crispy answers did you get? :D
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 23/07/21, 09:50

I've had:
Name and premon illegible (for 1)

A height after expansion of 1000m3 another of 70m3

I had a flow of 500l to extinguish 3000m² which gave a flow in m3h of: 6000m²

I had 1: no response for the flow needed to turn off the surface (the best way not to be wrong)

I had 3 responses at 200l / day for drip

I had two Chuck Norris who was going to quickly shut the valve off

I had one who informed Mr Durant of everything that is happening on the site very quickly so as not to waste his time

I had a guy who will make sure not to damage his PPE (That's right ... If you make sure you don't wear out your shoes dude… .It means that you don't have too much 'intention to walk)

I had a guy whose fever and headaches weren't going to prevent him from going to work (and by the way to stop at least a third of the rest of the workforce)

I had chosen 1 out of the 3, we started hiring for Monday morning .... He came back to see me yesterday to decline his application ... He found it more interesting (that doesn't surprise me. all)
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 23/07/21, 10:14

Macro wrote:I've had:

I had two Chuck Norris who was going to quickly shut the valve off

At the limit ... natural selection ... you see where I'm going ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/09/21, 18:28

1 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"