philosophical debates and companies.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Polarization: the anti debate phenomenon

by ABC2019 » 25/02/21, 13:52

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
eclectron wrote:Common sense should be enough to convince you that it will be M ... one day or another, you who believe in the end of oil, (we wonder why, to seem a little credible?)?

the reason I think there will be an end to oil is that some fields have already been depleted, and their number is finite. After that I don't make an apocalyptic prediction on a specific date, I just notice that we don't know how to do without it, and that therefore we will probably have big problems anyway ...

If the transition is well conducted, it has every interest in it and we have the means to make it so, we will not have a problem

the transition to what?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 25/02/21, 13:53

eclectron wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
eclectron wrote:Common sense should be enough to convince you that it will be M ... one day or another, you who believe in the end of oil, (we wonder why, to seem a little credible?)?

the reason I think there will be an end to oil is that some fields have already been depleted, and their number is finite. After that I don't make an apocalyptic prediction on a specific date, I just notice that we don't know how to do without it, and that therefore we will probably have big problems anyway ...

well you can extend this reason to everything that is not renewable ...

well yes and I do it elsewhere ...
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 25/02/21, 13:56

ABC2019 wrote:
eclectron wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:the reason I think there will be an end to oil is that some fields have already been depleted, and their number is finite. After that I don't make an apocalyptic prediction on a specific date, I just notice that we don't know how to do without it, and that therefore we will probably have big problems anyway ...

well you can extend this reason to everything that is not renewable ...

well yes and I do it elsewhere ...

and you bring us the thing of the catastrophes announced which will never be carried out.
what is the purpose of your intervention?
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 25/02/21, 13:57

ABC2019 wrote:
GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:the reason I think there will be an end to oil is that some fields have already been depleted, and their number is finite. After that I don't make an apocalyptic prediction on a specific date, I just notice that we don't know how to do without it, and that therefore we will probably have big problems anyway ...

If the transition is well conducted, it has every interest in it and we have the means to make it so, we will not have a problem

the transition to what?

For me, it's towards sustainability, which includes renewable energies.
for others it is only towards renewable energies.
0 x
whatever.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 25/02/21, 14:36

ABC2019 wrote:the transition to what?

:( : roll: More fuck-up ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 25/02/21, 15:03

in light or we die slowly by including the ENR in the nuk, or we die suddenly at the next French Chernobyl! Cruel dilemma! : Cry:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 25/02/21, 15:49

Janic wrote:
in light or we die slowly by including the ENR in the nuk, or we die suddenly at the next French Chernobyl! Cruel dilemma! : Cry:

False dichotomy. You can die in many other different ways, at different rates. What a lack of imagination!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 25/02/21, 16:00

False dichotomy. You can die in many other different ways, at different rates. What a lack of imagination!
that's right! There is less risk of catching a wind turbine blade in the face than of dying from cancer. But it was a question of renewable energies, not of the health situation because if you consult the mortality statistics, cancers and cardio come first followed by diseases ... iatrogenic. : Cry:
Rajqawee »25/02/21, 17:01

Well, it was to relax a bit, but it seemed to work.
in this case puts emoticons that signal the tone. However, it helps to put reality into perspective!
Last edited by Janic the 25 / 02 / 21, 16: 05, 2 edited once.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 25/02/21, 16:01

Well, it was to relax a bit, but it seemed to work.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 25/02/21, 16:25

Rajqawee wrote:Well, it was to relax a bit, but it seemed to work.

We are not joking with the future of the planet! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
whatever.

Back to "Society and Philosophy"